FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Clerks 3

Earlier in the week Kevin Smith announced that his hockey movie Hit Somebody was going to be turned into a TV series. That was supposed to be his last film project, the director has now announced via Twitter that his last film will be Clerks III...

I've enjoyed the first two Clerks movies, and it's a great way for Smith to end his filmmaking career. He started it with Clerks and now he'll end it with Clerks. As of right now it all hinges on Jeff Anderson signing on, which I'm sure will happen soon. The fact that Smith wants to make a third Clerks film isn't new, he briefly brought it up back in 2010 saying,

Red State is done. Next step is the hockey movie, Hit Somebody. Then I’m done. There’s possibly a Clerks III. If I have something to say in my late 40s about being in my late 40s, I’ll think of [Clerks'] Dante and Randal. Shy of that, I don’t have any more movies I want to make.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/12/7...lerks-iii.html
    http://www.slashfilm.com/kevin-smith...rson-signs-on/
    https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/s...10596560879616

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Oh Kevin Smith, you are a naughty naughty girl. Such a cocktease telling us you wouldn't make anymore films after Hit Somebody and then going back on that

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Oh Kevin Smith, you are a naughty naughty girl. Such a cocktease telling us you wouldn't make anymore films after Hit Somebody and then going back on that
    Except Hit Somebody is no longer a film

Isn't this like the second time he's going back on the whole "I'm done with the clerks universe" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Except Hit Somebody is no longer a film
    Thanks for that. I had not been keeping up with it so I had no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Isn't this like the second time he's going back on the whole "I'm done with the clerks universe" thing?
    Yeah, but the first time he amended it to him going along with a 2nd one once Mewes was clean

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

I used to think Kevin Smith would be a cool guy in the reals to hang out with until I started watching his extras on the dvds and how he bitches and moans all the gd time about everything online, motherfucker is a idiot.

Clerks 1 and 2, Dogma, are his top films imo. 3 should b good as well

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Looking forward to this. Clerks 1 and 2 were both really good, and most of his other movies are at least entertaining. Zack and Miri was kinda really boring, though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

As long as the stupidly hot Rosario Dawson is in it, I'm sold.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Please deliver ; -;

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

please bring pillow pants, for in smod we trust.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Kevin Smith really is only good in the Clerks Universe. I can't remember a single other thing he's done that I've liked.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Regardless of how the rest of Zack and Miri went, Justin Long's entire scene was pure comedic genius. That movie was worth seeing just for those 5 minutes alone.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Kevin Smith really is only good in the Clerks Universe. I can't remember a single other thing he's done that I've liked.
    I enjoyed Red State. If he does Clerks 3, make it more like the first film. No goddamn "ITS EASY AS ABC 123" dance scenes this time, FFS.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Red State was fucked up. A good movie but still really really fucked up.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Bring back Kinky Kelly imo.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

I thought Chasing Amy was amazing. I've liked most of the shit he did with Ben Affleck and Jason Lee before they both went supernova famous/batshit crazy (Dogma being an odd exception; I loved that one, even though they made it after Good Will Hunting blew up). Though Clerks/Clerks II are forever my favorites.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Growing up in New Jersey as a teenager in the 90's Kevin Smith movies were required viewing. There was an exercise we did in college to "fix" the script from Clerks and my group was 3 other guys from Jersey/Philly and we had a blast. I even love Mallrats (thought I will freely admit 15 years later that it's not a great film). Though I didn't like Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back because they are terrible main characters (though it's a fun movie to quote, I'm usually not quoting their lines). I loved Clerks 2 and thought it was a stronger film than Clerks. Clerks was a great snapshot of what it's like to be in your 20's and I thought Clerks 2 was a great look at what it was like in 30's. I hope that Clerks 3 continues that trend in a Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight kind of way.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I enjoyed Mallrats. Is it going to alter your mind? nah. But it's still funny.

Clerks was the best though. He's taunted me in the past saying they were going to revive the tv show, but I guess that's never going to happen.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I love the Clerks cartoon. You have no idea how often I've asked people if the virus could kill the Grimace. It's also a great DVD to watch for director's commentary. They shit all over Family Guy, ABC, etc. Kevin Smith also does excellent commentary on the US release of the Spaced DVDs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast