+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

If the Zombie Apocalypse happens tomorrow...

What would you do?

I was bullshitting with my co-worker the other day and we went into a lot of detail with it and I was curious on a more serious note what people on BG would do.

I want more then a "Raid a gun shop and hole up in my house forever" but like some actual thought that things won't be over in a few weeks/months/years but your in this for the long haul and you need to think ahead.

More or less this is the setting... 2012/meteror hits/zombie virus infects us(pick your flavor), basically anything which would cause society as we know it to unravel and cease to function. How would you go about surviving in the new world? Would your current location(Americas/Europe/Canada/elsewhere) help you survive better or screw you outright? Would you team up with others or trust no one?

So I ask you BG, what would you do?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Stock up on twinkies

E. Body
    BG Level

funny, asked a friend the other day what would be his zombie apocalypse weapon

he picked grenades. i chose to tape a hammer into the holster of a mic stand and use it as an adjustable long-hammer

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Take my gun out of the lock box. Drive to BJ's/Costco with friends. Shoot everyone inside. Hole up.

Quote Originally Posted by Odon View Post
    Take my gun out of the lock box. Drive to BJ's/Costco with friends. Shoot everyone inside. Hole up.
    I would honestly avoid giant place.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

That is why you remove the people and seal the exits.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Raid, bunker, wait, then recover.

I think it would be a bad idea to go out while it's in the mid early to middle pahse of infection; higher chance for you to get infected/killed. Lots of people running around in panic, not knowing exactly what causes it or how it's spread, zombies out in full force looking to spread, etc.

Seems if you find a big group early on and try to create a new society or something, it usually ends up bad as it just draws a lot of attention, and youll probably run out of resources faster, causing group hysteria.

In non zombie scenarios it would be more or less the same, but there would just be less undead people trying to kill you, and more living people trying to kill you and take your resources.

So my plan would be to raid locally as soon as things start out, and then bunker down. After awhile (could even be almost a year or more) when things settle down (zombies deminish, atmosphere settles, etc), and there has been some information floating around on how to live, where new societies are at now, etc, I then would try to get there. Assuming I havent all ready set up a self sustaining way of life.

I think a house boat would be the way to go. Unless there are zombie fish.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd hijack a tank somehow. Nice and secure, and able to roll over zombies with ease. Only problem would be finding places to jack some fuel from to keep 'er going.

foopy

i, for one, welcome our new zombie overlords.

alternatively, i'd start gardening.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Id immediately recruit Max Brooks, Bear Grylls, Wolfgang Puck, Oprah, Dave and Cody from Dual Survival, Jessica Alba (as well as a few other starletts to add to my harem of poon), Norm MacDonald, Ving Rhames, Chris Elliott and Garry Shandling and hunker down at a military base and fucking win at life.

Assemble your team.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Survive for about 3 weeks until they're all too dried up to move. It'd be over far faster than people imagine. Find a place that's reinforced and pack 3 weeks worth of food and water and presto.

foopy

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    Id immediately recruit Max Brooks, Bear Grylls, Wolfgang Puck, Oprah, Dave and Cody from Dual Survival, Jessica Alba (as well as a few other starletts to add to my harem of poon), Norm MacDonald, Ving Rhames, Chris Elliott and Garry Shandling and hunker down at a military base and fucking win at life.

Assemble your team.

assuming the two bolded picks are just for entertainment, your choice for entertainment is quite odd.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Why do people obsess of these zombie apocalypse scenarios? I swear, it's gotten to the point where i can't even tell if people are serious about it anymore.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

ALRIGHT I"LL BE THE FIRST TO BE 100% HONEST HERE.

If the zombie apocalypse happened tomorrow, I'd be hiding under the covers peeing my pants crying until one of them comes to bite me.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by foopy View Post
    assuming the two bolded picks are just for entertainment, your choice for entertainment is quite odd.
    lmao. They are both amazing.

Edit: Oh and Kuya, mine is legit. My camp would be that new hotness. Bet on that.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We'd have Cabin Boy Wednesdays and reshoot Shandling's 'Larry Sanders show' and it will be quite epic. I gave some thought to inviting up the Kids in the Hall, but figured it would get pretty weird pretty fast with then in my camp and everyone walking around nude.

But yes, I have quite the odd sense of entertainment.

I told my friend if this shit ever came down id end up shooting him, because he reminds me of that guy in every zombie movie who gets bitten and doesn't tell the group while trying to conceal it.

"Hey Jeff, why do you look so pale?"
    "Oh...noth..ing...just....tir...ed..."

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post

Assemble your team.
    What about me?

eat the rich

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast