Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Drive (MC: N/A, RT: 91%)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Drive (MC: N/A, RT: 91%)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lptsir6I4P1qfo293.jpg

Driver is a Los Angeles wheelman for hire, stunt driving for movie productions by day and steering getaway vehicles for armed heists by night. Though a loner by nature, Driver can't help falling in love with his beautiful neighbor Irene, a vulnerable young mother dragged into a dangerous underworld by the return of her ex-convict husband Standard. After a heist intended to pay off Standard's protection money spins unpredictably out of control, Driver finds himself driving defense for the girl he loves, tailgated by a syndicate of deadly serious criminals. But when he realizes that the gangsters are after more than the bag of cash in his trunk - that they're coming straight for Irene and her son - Driver is forced to shift gears and go on offense.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Seems like a shitty transporter ripoff.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    Seems like a shitty transporter ripoff.
    This really.

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

I think it's suppose to be a "serious" take on the genre. It did pretty well at Cannes so I'm hoping that means it offers something different than all the other Transporter knockoffs.

Looks great. It definitely has a good vibe so far, based on the trailer. Almost feels like those Korean revenge flicks (i.e., every Korean flick), sans the everyone-is-a-ninja choreography.

Never saw Transporter but it looked horrible and I don't like Jason Statham and his stupid kung-fu song and dance. Plus this poster says it all:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rterposter.jpg

Looks like he's taking a poop, and that poop is propelling him forward while he shoots someone. So basically, the poop is a metaphor for the movie, and he is 'shooting' us, the audience. Yes, very deep.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The first Transporter was good, the following two felt underwhelming.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-i...rdomestic.jpeg

Detailed synopsis;

Driver (RYAN GOSLING) is a stunt driver by day and a getaway driver by night. Doesn’t matter what job he does, Driver is most comfortable behind the wheel of a car. Shannon (BRYAN CRANSTON) is part mentor, part manager for Driver. Since he knows what a great talent Driver is behind the wheel, he either peddles him to film and television directors in the entertainment business or thieves who need an accomplished getaway driver, taking a cut for his own pockets. Always looking to make a buck, Shannon’s current plan is funding a stock car that Driver can race on the professional circuit. Since Bernie Rose (ALBERT BROOKS) is the wealthiest guy he knows, even if the sources of his money are questionable, Shannon proposes he be their investor. After seeing Driver in action at the speedway, Bernie Rose insists Nino (RON PERLMAN) partners with them as well. Primarily a loner and ambivalent about the deals Shannon makes for him, Driver’s world changes the day he shares an elevator ride at his apartment building with Irene (CAREY MULLIGAN). When he sees her again at the grocery store with her young son, Benicio (KADEN LEOS), he is transfixed, and willingly offers help when they are stranded in the parking lot because Irene’s car won’t start. Soon Driver settles into a routine of driving Irene to her waitress job and watching Benicio, entangled in their lives while her car is fixed. This interlude in Driver’s life abruptly stops when Standard (OSCAR ISAAC), Irene’s husband, is let out early from prison for good behavior. Even though nothing has happened between Driver and Irene, Standard is threatened by another man’s presence in his family’s life. Driver backs off, respectful of Irene’s desire to keep her family together, but when he finds Standard bloodied and lying in the garage with a scared Benicio standing next to his father, Driver is embroiled even further in Irene’s life. Then trouble begins…

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I think it looks cool

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Ryan Gosling is an excellent actor so I think it should be good.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Never saw Transporter but it looked horrible and I don't like Jason Statham and his stupid kung-fu song and dance. Plus this poster says it all:
    I understand not liking jason statham, thats cool, but he does his own stunts and actually knows kickboxing, karate, and wing chun kung fu, the shit you see him do he can wreck your face with, its not hollywood dance, its real shit, gotta respect that.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    I understand not liking jason statham, thats cool, but he does his own stunts and actually knows kickboxing, karate, and wing chun kung fu, the shit you see him do he can wreck your face with, its not hollywood dance, its real shit, gotta respect that.
    http://upload.booncontrol.com/images/2010010806.gif

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Martial arts like Wing Chun and Tai Chi are pretty defensive, but they can do some serious shit. Easiest example is one of my Tai Chi instructors who weighs about 130 lbs soaking wet and is pushing 75 was able to subdue and give a mild concussion using Single Whip to a pretty stacked guy in his mid 20s.

Rest of the class's reaction:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/no..._d%27alema.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    I don't care that he does his stunts or knows blah blah blah. That's certainly great though and is impressive. It's preference really. I'm sure those guys in Undefeatable were really talented as well, but the movie LOOKED fucking awful. (That's an extreme case though.)

Driver and the Transporter franchise are completely different films really. The Transporter series seem like traditional action movies. Driver has a lot more style (even without the karate) - which I say in comparison. BUT, it's a different style altogether and I don't think Ryan Goslings character knows Wing Chun or Tai Chi. Either Transporter 1 is corny or the trailer did a horrible job at presenting the film.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

except the transporter is a classic film and anything with Jason Statham is great, outside of crank 2.

I mean the guy has been keeping the action genre alive single-handedly

on topic: the movie poster loogs like a grand theft auto cover

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    except the transporter is a classic film and anything with Jason Statham is great, outside of crank 2.

I mean the guy has been keeping the action genre alive single-handedly
    this. dungeon siege movie was my favorite

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Silos View Post
    hell ya bro. Pple hate on it bc Uwe Boll's name is attached to it, but it's actually his best work.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ron Perlman, Matthew Lillard, Ray Liotta, Burt Reynolds. Great cast, can't believe they all showed up to this movie wearing robes

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

THEY SHOT A FLAMING DUDE OUT OF A CATAPULT. KICKS ALL KINDS OF ASS. if im thinking of the right movie anyways

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Silos View Post
    That was one of the worst movies I've seen in my entire life.

Drive looks decent though, I like Ryan Gosling so I'll definitely go see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast