Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorcerer's Ring     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I might be dumb enough to delete my email accounts
    BG Level

Sorcerer's Ring

Is it 75% base HP or current HP?

Re: Sorcerer's Ring

Short answer, base.

Long answer involves complicated stuff that someone like Sedi will take great pleasure in wall-0-texting ^_~

It's something weird. Convert HP>MP doesn't count, but some gear does, and it's not certain if it's all gear of just visible gear like Ugg pendent's latent. So if you're trying to build a force-latent macro, you're probably best off testing to see if it works on starter mobs, and if it doesn't, using a poison pot in your normal nuking gear to find out how much more you need.

BG Level

So if I put my Zmitts and my Weather Obi's it will still work?

Edit:
    I'm using Zhead, Zmitts, Rpumps, Either ring, Electrum ring, blue cape and p.robe.
    All that put together makes my hp @ 75%.
    I cant test it cause I dont have the ring yet, I'm trying to get the gears first.

Not sure what you're asking regarding obis, but if you get latent with no hand gear equipped and then you put on zenith mitts, you'll retain latent even though it affects your current max HP.

z.mitts work towards it yeah, but make sure when you switch in obis that the -20hp from p.rope procs if needed.

BG Level

what about Sorcerer's belt will that effect it ?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Sorcerer's Belt will raise your HP total.

Basically, you have two types of HP/MP gear. Stuff that outright adds/subtracts, and stuff that "Converts".

When things "Convert" HP to MP, the HP still counts towards your "natural" HP. For example, if you had 1000HP base and put on three pieces of Zenith, you'd be at 850/1000 "natural" HP, though your HP meter would show 850/850.

You need 75% of your "natural" HP to activate the latent.

Penitent's rope, with its -20HP, will lower your natural HP, and therefore your target HP for latent.

If you're just macroing pieces in/out, then it's not a big deal, but for pieces you want to use while nuking you need to account for straight +/- HP as they'll change your target HP amount.

I'm not sure, that'll be one of those pieces you need to take out and test. Things like Rostrum Pumps are equally confusing to me, so I tinkered until I found a hp down macro that took me a bit lower than I needed, to accommodate obis, and the regen from /whm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Short answer, base.

Long answer involves complicated stuff that someone like Sedi will take great pleasure in wall-0-texting instead of reactivating his account and getting his ass back online like he should be. ^_~
    fixed.

The only way the difference between pent rope and obi/af2 could affect your latent is if you build your latent macro under the assumption that you are always wearing penitent rope, and don't include it in the macro itself. So if the macro has other gear changes but not waist, you do run the risk of not getting latent with the other belts depending on how close to latent you were with pent. rope and whether or not accessory HP+/- is factored in. This is easily remedied by putting pent rope line into the macro itself, as Shuemue said.

Likewise for any other specific gear question, the best advice is the one we've both already given, go try it out and make sure it works. It takes 3 minutes to run outside, nuke something, take off your ring, and nuke it again.

Edit:
    I didn't see your edit that you didn't have it already. If you can get 75%, then even if under certain conditions that's not enough, you're close enough to where you can probably get one more piece and trigger it under any circumstances. So at this point you're probably safe to buy it and then go out and doublecheck if you need more.

My hp down macro is ghetto, I use shit like tiphia sting >_>

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AnsemGeni
    So if I put my Zmitts and my Weather Obi's it will still work?

Edit:
    I'm using Zhead, Zmitts, Rpumps, Either ring, Electrum ring, blue cape and p.robe.
    All that put together makes my hp @ 75%.
    I cant test it cause I dont have the ring yet, I'm trying to get the gears first.
    blm can't use p.robe

try a p.rope thought I hear it's good

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Not sure what you're asking regarding obis, but if you get latent with no hand gear equipped and then you put on zenith mitts, you'll retain latent even though it affects your current max HP.
    hmm so is this how people attain latent without actually being in yellow hp?

my blm is 65 atm, and I have 4/5 zenith, penitent's rope, rostrum pumps, star necklace, intruder ear, cassie ear, and could of course get a serk/ether blue cape+1

would someone mind showing me their before gear and after gear for a successful sorc ring setup? i havent quite been able to snag a proper sorc ring setup with the gear available at this lvl (i've been letting myself get hit once lol;; or tossing on bqr if im soooo close, ghetto i know)

or if the short answer is swap in 4/5 zenith (im elvaan, no hp merits 5/8mp) and swap all of em out (toss in vampire mitts as my hands are nq) then that's fine too

All the info is in this thread already, let me see if I can condense it:

Step 1: Determine your obi & non-obi gear sets (you should have already done this)
    Step 2: Get naked (oh baby)
    Step 3: For each of the 2 sets, put on gear which has "Hp+" or "Hp-" attributes. I.E. Rostrums/Penitent, I.E. NOT Zenith.
    Step 4: Take your max HP for each of the two sets (for example, lets say you have 1000 hp naked, so rostrums/penitent brings you down to 950, so use 950) and multiply that number by .75~ this gives you your minimum target requirement for low HP swap.

Example:
    Therefore, if you had 1000 hp naked, giving 950 hp with penitent/rostrums, 950 * .75 = 712.5. Therefore your target hp Post HP gear swap is 712 (use 711 to be safe). That means that if you are naked and have 1000 hp, then you need to swap in at Least 288 (290 is probably more realistic) of hp-/convert hp>mp gear to get down to your target hp.

Using this method, I activate the ring on /rdm at 718 hps. I have 960 standing hp, 960 * .75 = 720 hps. I've verified this by blowing up bats in qufim using poison potions to check each hp.

@Howard, yes, this is how people are non-yellow with sorc ring active, because zenith doesn't count for sorc ring but does for actual yellow.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

The simpler way to determine your target HP is to equip your nuking gear, swap in Sorc Ring, take off Zenith Mitts, write down HP. Multiply by 0.75. Starting from your nuking gear, swap in -HP gear until you reach the number you got from multiplying. Make a macro to equip the resulting set, and that's your latent gear.

I'll toss up my latent/nuking sets when I get home, it's really a lot simpler than some of the people here are making it sound.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Why doesn't this logic work for the WHM latent ring

I guess it's cause we (nowadays) have an instant go to yellow hp move, but still...

BG Level

Welp I did a test with my friend's ring and my -hp gears activated the latent.
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/cphatz/-hp.png
    My -hp gear
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/cphatz/gear.png
    And after

Now.. since I have sor's belt that would mean I would need to find another -20hp item to replace it when I use an obi? Because p.rope is taking really 40 hp rather than 20.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AnsemGeni
    Welp I did a test with my friend's ring and my -hp gears activated the latent.
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/cphatz/-hp.png
    My -hp gear
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/cphatz/gear.png
    And after

Now.. since I have sor's belt that would mean I would need to find another -20hp item to replace it when I use an obi? Because p.rope is taking really 40 hp rather than 20.
    If the 20 hp from Penitent's -> obi isn't enough, then yeah. I have virtually the same nuking gear (including belt), and I just do my latent swaps under the assumption that I'm using obis, because then you'll be covered regardless of whether you actually do or not. I use 4/5 Zenith, Serket and Penitent's -> obi/AF2, which does the job with minimal inventory for me.

Sounds like you just gave it a try with your sorc belt setup instead of figuring out what your actual target value is. Try it with the obi and see if you still activate it, and you'll be fine. If it doesn't, then yes, you'll need another hp- piece of gear to activate for obi. Also, if you want us to figure it out for you, you need to post your naked hp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast