+ Reply to Thread
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Steamwheedle Cartel

I have a problem with Vista.

So yesterday, my computer went boom. My wonderful laptop which I loved so much went kaboom. It's a hard drive problem, nothing I can do until I gt a new hard drive.

Anyway. So my mum gave me an oldish computer for the time being since I have no idea when the new hard drive will arrive. And this thing has Windows Vista on, yay ._. But basically, I downloaded the setup.exe for playonline from the site, but whenever I try and run it, it says 'setup.exe has stopped working, closing.'

I've tried restarting, running as an admin, disabling things like defender and UAC, running the .exe from the POL site instead of saving it, nothing. No other setups seems to be working either. Now I feel like a total noob here, I've never used vista before this and it's really annoying me. Any insight would be wonderful.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Are you sure you downloaded the Vista client? That error is the same one you get if you try to use the normal POL setup on Vista.

Anyway, here's the link just incase: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...a/vista01.html

If you do have that, what are the specs on the computer you're working on?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Steamwheedle Cartel

Yeah, that's what I downloaded though from the EU POL. The same thing is happening with other setups (I couldn't install MSN due to the same problem).

nVidia Geforce 7300 SE
    1GB RAM
    Windows Vista
    Don't remember the hard drive size but it was no where near full. Not on that PC at the moment so I can't really check ><

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

run windows updates on the pc. not 100% but the installers might rely on .net and it may not be installed.