1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Important changes to Prohibited Activities and Account Penalty Policy - Change My Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._weapons_gifs/

There you go friendo. Worse than Pyros particle effects imo.

Oh wait according to SE's new ToS we can't have opinions anymore, pls forgive me.
    Woah woah. You can have opinions. You just can't dispute someone else's opinions.

*Insert chowder prove me wrong meme with a GM staying behind a tree*

TBH though there's a few good things. They specifically call out intentionally logging out from a duty and HOO BOY I WON'T LIE I ABUSED THAT.

(Also reddit blocked at work and I gotta keep my phone in a locker so q,q)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyway for context: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...216f5aef769c60

Considering the recent blow ups in the FFXIV twittersphere with old bear making a comeback. Howard Moon getting called out. And some other shit I guess its worth it.

Definitely had a friend who was getting stalked and this would have been nicer earlier.

・Expressions that unilaterally reject another person's opinion
    lol tho

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Important changes to Prohibited Activities and Account Penalty Policy in FINAL FANTASY XIV

From here

We have hereby made significant changes to the “Prohibited Activities” and related “Account Penalty Policy” and “Guidelines for Game Master(GM) Actions(GM Policy)” in FINAL FANTASY XIV. These include changes to our fundamental policies.

Please review the updated policies below.

Click here for Prohibited Activities.
    Click here for Account Penalty Policy.
    * The GM policy will not be disclosed as it contains internal information.

Although the “SQUARE ENIX ACCOUNT TERMS OF USE,” “FINAL FANTASY® XIV User Agreement,” and “FINAL FANTASY ® XIV Materials Usage License” have not been changed, we strongly encourage players to take this opportunity to review and become familiarized with them.

The aforementioned agreements can be viewed here.

Reasons for the changes

Until now, we have operated under the philosophy that “this is an MMORPG and frequent in-game intervention by SQUARE ENIX would inhibit player experience.” Under this philosophy in mind, GMs have intervened only in cases of racial or sexual discrimination or other severe cases.
    GMs would not actively take action against other types of behavior that were deemed to be “annoying but not crossing the line from an objective eye.” Instead encouraging the involved players to resolve the situation through communication, adding the players to the blacklist or other peaceful methods.

However, times have changed and although FINAL FANTASY is an MMORPG, it is now our belief that it is better for the community as a whole for us to “intervene in situations where a player is subjected to the abusive behavior of another player,” rather than “worrying about inhibiting communication between players.”

As this change in course requires changes to our fundamental policies, and such a change would be difficult to reverse, we spent considerable time carefully reviewing its potential impact. Ultimately, we came to the conclusion that it is better for the community as a whole for us to clamp down on abusive behavior and have decided to move forward with this major change.

Needless to say, everyone will have their own view on a situation, so a GM will continue to provide an objective eye. With a more proactive approach to in-game conflicts, we will strive to protect players who are considerate towards others and provide a high quality service in which players can play in a more comfortable and safe environment.

Note that penalties have been adjusted so that appropriate action can be taken against offensive players depending on the severity of their offense.

To keep our players safe, we will continue to keep track of trends both in online games and in the real world, as well as remaining vigilant of the social norms of our time.

We thank you all for your continued support of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This doesn't bode well. People might be reporting folks like and right, like they already do on the OF, and the GMs are not gonna give fuck all about the facts and just ban hammer your account. I'm glad I almost never talk to anybody in game. Yes some things in it are good, like the disconnection bit, but that still leaves room for abuse. I mean I disconnect a lot but always come back. Some idiot might say fuck it, report me, and my ass is banned mid-play. Opinions.. yeah I can see that generating a lot of reports :/.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    This doesn't bode well. People might be reporting folks like and right, like they already do on the OF, and the GMs are not gonna give fuck all about the facts and just ban hammer your account. I'm glad I almost never talk to anybody in game. Yes some things in it are good, like the disconnection bit, but that still leaves room for abuse. I mean I disconnect a lot but always come back. Some idiot might say fuck it, report me, and my ass is banned mid-play. Opinions.. yeah I can see that generating a lot of reports :/.
    Eeeeeh. Honestly I've done some shit duties that should've gotten me at least a warning before this clarification. (Literally posting a link to someone's fflogs profile in a 24 man raid. Rescuing MT into other alliance healers when a tank buster was about to go down. /a shout matches.)

I'm not worried. Biggest concern is now when I use a logitech keyboard macro to synth potions and food.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Jesus those ToS... I remember one time suggesting to someone in most polite non aggressive manner options to approach tanking and I was called a number of things including toxic and hurtful.

This just making me not want to even talk at all, can't wait til someone get banned for an emote that made someone feel bad.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...6&id=5382&la=1

"Offensive expression" means an expression in general that inflicts emotional distress by being offensive to another person. Offensive expression may include:
    • Expressions that attempt to unilaterally exclude someone from the game or content/community, etc. (Except when in accordance with rules set by an administrator such as a Free Company Master)
    Finally some FC exclusive content!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well they should've just called the expansioon Trollbringers instead because some of these "examples" are literally troll fuel for idiots to be spiteful malicious asshats..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Damn I lol'd