Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Should I switch jobs?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 12.50%
  • No

14 87.50%
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Should I Change Jobs For HNMs? A Troubled WHMs Question

Hello BG! Been a fan for awhile now. I just have a question for you guys.

Right now, I'm a WHM 56. When I was a WHM 45, I got bored with the game & was leveling SMN for a bit, to 22. Then, I got bored again, since being a SMN was the same as being a WHM. ><*

Then, after watching your videos, I decided I would get my WHM all the way up so I could be in HNM fights. Now, I'm thinking of switching jobs so I could get more into the action.

Question is: Since I came so far with WHM, should I just keep going? Or should I switch to something more "useful"? I've seen the SMNs kicking butt & taking names in the videos. RDM34, BLM32, WHM56, SMN22. I've got a good leap on all the mage jobs. I'm not melee type much, but I luff WAR (That BAAROOMM sound of voke make my heart beat faster).

So, what should I do, ya think?

I'm on Unicorn, BTW. . . ^^;;

Thanks a bunchies. ^.^ :D

whm is always useful. you can never have enough and even if they're unecessary for something they reduce your chances of wiping the more you have
    but from your levels, my best advice would be to pick ANY job (besides drg) and level it to 75, if you wanna be useful for hnms
    hope it helps

id say keep with whm, i cant tell you enough how many times we have said "i wish we had more WHM". and it takes skill to be a good whm, its not all just curing. for HNM not all mellee are useful, but whm are ALWAYS needed, sometimes inside the main alliance, sometimes outside. if you want to stick with a job thats challenging and rewarding, go with whm.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

keep in mind that a whm's job in hnm is much more involved than it is XPing.. especially the bigger ones like fafnir...

you could prob compare it something like.. an XP whm is kinda like running a small medical practice in the suburbs, while a hnm whm is like being a frontline battlefield triage medic....

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've prided myself in being one of the best WHMs on the Unicorn server in my level range. I've gotten compliments from JPN & NA players alike. I was able to keep a PLD in fishing gear alive during 5-1. No weapon, may I add.

Thanks for the input guys. ^.^ I think I'll try out WHM/SMN post 60 & see what that's like. . .

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Resist Molester!
    Teslithia resists the effect of Molestation!

(;o_O)b

Just make sure you hit SMN'er up to Lv25 so you can at least toss Aerial Armor out.

ah the poor drg's dont get any love on any server ;; and the poor monks to "what do i do for HNM's " umm buy some mind gear and do boost alot and u let us know when chi blast is ready so we can invite you into the alliance so u can use it and boot u back out ;;;;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

dont say "poor mnks"

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

whm is good

and "poor monks to "what do i do for HNM's"" is like saying pld is good nuking character. mogi is our potentially highest damage dealer, and he doesnt even stay in the alliance.

i wasnt tryin to offend any/non with my Poor monks statement i was tryin to say from my post that some jobs are just underrated my LS actually has 5-6 lvl 70+monks in it and about 10 drgs that are not included in most of the god fights are we just bring them in the alliance to Chi blast the boot them back out and as for DRG i do say poor DRG because every single drg i know bitches about the job.. I remember when most of the NA's first started getting the advanced job i would be willing to bet that 70% of u wanted to become a DRG... but whats most impressive to me in lvl 75 warriors that are NA>>>I for some reason love to see see the good ones in action and as for drk they dont impress me very much i guess because my drk is lvl 70 but iono sorry for rambling i kinda type alot

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Wee

Well, my SMN is 27 right now. Gonna get it to 37, & then sub it to WHM normally when in XP PT with a BLM.

I am having tons of fun as a SMN though. I go SMN/BLM & time my macro so I MB with my avatar.

So far, at lv. 27, I MBed for 70 & Ifrit for 111 in one round. Not bad for a lower level. . . Maybe I'll do BLM/SMN & try it. {Hmmm.}

Thanks for the sugestions & the comments. I'm gonna hold out with WHM for a bit longer.