BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thoughts on Dynamis - Beaucedine.

Our Sunday run was pretty awesome, getting to the end boss on the first try was cool. I have been thinking up ways to try to beat the boss, and I was wondering if anyone knows how the dragons will behave if the boss goes missing.

Knowing that they won't make our lives easy and de-spawn, I was wondering what would happen if we tried to pull the boss away to a safer location, then try to pick off the dragons one by one? (Or even vice versa.) I have two different ideas for what we could do.

First would be to have someone go sacrifice to get the dragons to pop, then try to lure them one at a time to the top of the hill until only one dragon remains. Have someone marathon that while the main group kills the boss, then finish it off. (I remember someone mentioning that the dragons will re-pop if you kill the dragons before the boss.)

The second idea would be to do that in reverse. Have someone run down and aggro the boss to pop the dragons, and keep the dragons busy wile someone else pulls the boss back to the man group sitting at the top of the hill. I think that a RDM would be needed for the distracter, using chainspell with stoneskin and blink to buy the puller time with the dragons to get the boss back to the main group. The three major sticking points with this that I can envision would be if the dragons can do more damage than can be mitigated with chainspell, the boss not moving from its pop location, or the dragons following the boss after the distraction is dead.

So any thoughts on these ideas? Feasible, infeasible, utter crap?

Another thing that we may want to consider is having a WHM/BLM hang back from the main group in case of a total party wipe. That way we can have someone to attempt to tractor and raise people just incase reraise wears or everyone dies in a very bad location.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

we're not going to kill dragons at all

information from ppl we talked to who have done this before tells us that the dragons are really slow and thus should be marathon'd by people to very far away places. the good news is that they should be able to keep the things away, perhaps with a whm to poisona the guy doing poison pukis, and heal the other guys if utsusemi wears off and they're hit on accident, etc.

the bad news is that there is no dependable way to kill that asshole eye. he has airy shield that blocks all arrows and magic shield that blocks all elemental magic. if my memory from exploring castle zvahl for who knows how long doing some missions and blm af shoes (lol) serves correctly, then they override each other. correct me if i'm wrong. and as i remember the drk's were doing guillotine for like 80 dmg. and if the magic shield is off blm's will get low dmg due to ahriman innate magic defense (kind of like pots but i dont know ahriman specifics, i know pots are innate -50% dmg). so the guys we talked to told us just to keep the pukis's marathon'd while everyone wails on the ahriman for a while before it dies.

EVERYONE NEEDS POISON POTIONS

the eye does sleepga like fking crazy and we dont have time to go mass cure1 you people while we got some guys running dragons around. this is a really on-the-edge situation where if we beat dynamis-beaucedine we are given clearance to 2 things: 1. access to all dynamis and 2. options to explore relic upgrade item nm's

this means we really need this done. everyone needs to get poison potions so you dont get slept. yes, the eye does a petrify thing, but the best we can do for that is barpetra/barstonra -.-

while it's true that the eye does a bunch of status aoe (sleepga paralyga etc) its most important to prevent sleep. true, paralyze raped us, but there's nothing we can do about that except spam paralyna constantly.

another few points to note:

when we go pull angra mainyu i think its known to everyone by now that we're going to camp on the slope preceding the huge area and send 5 ppl in to marathon 4 dragons and to peel the NM off so we can kill it while the other guys marathon. it is also key that you if you die, die either on the slope or past that. we were shown how far the aggro range is. if you're anywhere in that huge area in front of fei'yin, you get aggro.

and can anyone confirm the NM teleporting? bert thought it was lag for a bit because he was lagging like mad but i swear i saw it teleport a long distance in about 1/2 a second, which means it wasnt just lag. and it was chasing the same person, who didnt move at all.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Angra did teleport, and I wasn't lagging at all.. the other dragons did not jump around at all, they were moving at normal speed. I lost target lock for a second because it was too far away.

Those dragons have an incredible aggro range, far too dangerous for Tractor. I have no idea how far away that WHM who survived was, but it sounded like she was pretty far away when those dragons aggroed her.

I think we did good for a first run. It could have turned out a lot worse, like
    this run

I remember fighting it and it suddenly disappearing... so I'm pretty sure it teleported... which would totally suck if we pulled it far away and it went right back to its spot...

angra mainyu has domain

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually, if Spectral Barrier is like the kind Magic pots use (and I think it is), it prevents all magic, including enfeebling, divine, and en-spells. Even the mighty dispel won't work against Spectral Barrier. (>_<) Also Ahrimen are close to impossible to silence, even too weak ones will resist it more often than not. Maybe if we had ninjas and bards weaken its wind resistance we might shut it up for a few seconds at most.

As much as it sucks, it might be a good idea for all of the RDMs to sub WHM for status cures. (/cry I miss aspir and conserve MP just thinking about it.)

Damn this boss sucks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Even the mighty dispel won't work against Spectral Barrier. (>_<)
    its time to bust out balmung for additional effect: dispel

[lie] i have no idea if that works

it has a domain where it can travel as bert said so if we use that strategy of marathoning 4 then killing it, we should be good to go, just no crazy freak accidents or zerg rushes is all. hitome was the one alive, along with ryany, and he came to take a peek and got aggro'd while he was way off the screen.

Black Belt
    BG Level

do we have a set strategy to avoid the first wipe situation?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

i think we can split up into 2 groups to get some of the extensions.

beaucedine is not nearly as hard as windurst for normal pulls, it's just the last boss that's hard. we were handling all the normal pulls EASILY so i'm sure there are at least 2 extensions that are safe enough for ~30 people to go for instead of 60. any bit of extra time we get could help us, for example if we use a strategy where some pullers pull the dragons wayyy off into the beginning of beaucedine or something then this might give us the time we need to go raise them, come back and kill the dragons so they can get the ???

If we don't plan on killing the dragons, probably the best way to get the marathoners the key item is to get another suicidal person to run in and aggro the dragons while the people we raised grab the key item. Another thing we need to consider if we don't plan on killing them is their aggro range when they are walking back to their spots... where will we be standing that won't get us aggro?

and if Sendoh is talking about when we wiped at the first Dynamis Icon due to mass linkage, we already resolved this by using death pull strategies

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually, if someone has a Bulmung or Mythrilheart it probably would not be a bad idea to use it on the boss. But since it can resist en-spell damage, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope in the additional effect: dispel working either. (Can't hurt to try though.)

The big question is how are we going to marathon the dragons so they don't come back and slaughter us later? We are trapped down by Fei'Yin with only one direction for the marathoners to run; even the best case scenario and they manage to get all the way back to the entrance, the dragons are going to come back eventually. The dragons will settle back into the entrance of Fei'Yin, so that will make it neigh impossible for people to pick up the ??? if the boss falls there.

Oh, something else we may want to consider. Perhaps we should let the suicide pullers get dibs on at least one of the XP items that drop. It will at least off-set a little of the XP loss.

i think we should do everything exactly the same next time except for 2 things

1) dynamis statue strategy
    2) last boss strategy

we got to angra with 37 min left, even having had 1 zenmetsu on the way there. i think if we only changed those 2 things above we would have definitely cleared. if we change much more, like splitting up, we could run into new problems that stem from doing that. it's probably best to reserve experimentation until we've cleared, and just go with what's worked for us so far.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh, for the big bird statue, maybe we should run down the hill before we pull it. That way our suicide runner can run towards the way we came with the rest of the birds, the birds can reset and we can easily run over and raise him/her and be on our merry way.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

well, if we arent going to kill the dragons... theres no point in killing the statues, right?

i think.. man.. i dunno... we need to find a way to effectively damage that thing. it would suck to have the marathoners take the dragons off for 10 minutes or whatever and we are still trying to kill the eye...

did any ninja's try damage ninjitsu? i know its not super-high damage even in the best cases... but i dont think its treated the same was as a normal mage-cast spell.. maybe it will land when everything else is getting resisted

I wouldn't be surprised if someone landed a Ni for about 20 damage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    I wouldn't be surprised if someone landed a Ni for about 20 damage.
    Possibly, but at least if we weaken it to a specific element, we might get a little better damage. We agree on a ninja debuff and a threnody, then have all of the BLM nuke to that weakness, hopefully the damage will suck less.

That could help the resistance go down a little, but if they're resisting as bad as you say, I think you're just going to have to let the Rangers go psycho on it.

The best thing would probably be dropping its resistance to the day's element and spamming that. Hopefully it's not earth or something.

Xavier

After tonight, 9/29/04, we've seen that the EYE is not invincible to melee attacks. The first time we fought it we could hardly dmg it at all, but tonight was very different. I was able to sa/ta with 300% tp for 396 dmg tachi: kasha, which did noticable dmg to its lifebar. It appears that its also a demon mob, as I was able to intimidate it with demon killer. If every melee subs thf, builds up 300 tp through sleeping potions, and is able to get off an sa/ta WS before the dragons come back to kill us, I don't see why we won't be able to kill it now. Tonight was really a very good teaching experience.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

key question:

did the eye buff itself with airy shield?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

airy shield blocks arrows...how would that affect a gkat?