BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Weird Internet connectivity issue?

I have a weird internet problem, my internet seems only able to access certain website and not others.

For example, I can browse BG or google just fine, but the rest of the websites I cant access, I cant connect to ventrilo either, or any other MMO. When I troubleshoot my internet connection the popup says "Your computers seems to be properly configured, but the device or resource (microsoft.com) is not responding."

I tried the usual unplug router/reset modem, I also updated the network adapter driver. Didn't do anything. I tried to connect directly from a modem too, same thing still happens.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Did you try disabling/reenabling your network adapter? That worked for me a few nights ago when i had a similar problem. In windows 7 its in the Network and Sharing center. Also flush your dns from command prompt "ipconfig /flushdns" which can then be followed by ipconfig /registerdns . Not sure if you've already tried these sorry in advance if you have.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Do you have another device to try from besides the machine you're having issues with?

I had a similar problem and found out that my ISP blocked a lot of the file downloading sites (hotfile, despositfiles, etc). Either outright blocked (no error, just doesn't load) or capped them at maybe 10kb/s or less.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

the issue resolved by itself, I guess that was the ISP's fault or something? which was wierd cuz my connection shows no problem at all. I did a tracert did fine the first couple of hops before it stop responding.