Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Live banhammar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Xbox Live banhammar

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-10...=2547-1_3-0-20

didn't see this one posted here, but I find it funny.

edit for better link.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

let that hammer be swift and pwn those who feel entitled to a second chance

Me and my friend's consoles got banhammered. I kinda expected mine since I played ODST before release date, but my friend hasn't played his xbox since forever. Both had ixtreme 1.6 on em. All of that stealth bullshit for downloaded 360 games lol..

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I love banhammers.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

About time they clamped down on this shit. If you're gonna pirate shit don't be dumb and use it online.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm sorry, but you have to be dumb to pirate shit in the first place.

I always get a kick out of banhammering. I especially like the hard drive locking. It was a nice touch.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    Unless you have two Xbox360s

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I always get a kick out of banhammering. I especially like the hard drive locking. It was a nice touch.
    hard drives didn't get locked, people who got their xboxes banned just cannot install games into their 360 hard drive anymore. the hard drive supposedly corrupts your gamer profile, but a simple recover gamertag and deleting the recovered profile does the trick, and you're back online. cute assumption tho.

Anyways, there were a lot of blames left and right about how their 360s got banned, borderlands and ODST wasn't the problem tho, lol.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

This was a strategic banhammer for Microsoft. Pirating is obviously an issue, but they did this right before Christmas and during the shopping season. With seriously slipping sales, I think they want to boost their sales by banning all the kiddies who will beg their parents to buy another system..

Why else would they pretty much brick the system and not just cripple online stuff?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Senoska View Post
    Why else would they pretty much brick the system
    What?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Why else would they pretty much brick the system and not just cripple online stuff?
    Isn't that the business model to begin with if the 54% RRoD rate was any indication?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

systems were never bricked, the 360 is fully playable offline regardless. you won't be going on xbl anymore til they get another 360, if that's considered bricking the system, then lol.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Killing the HD on modded systems unless you want format your drive manually? And that was an unknown until recently.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

You don't know what you're talking about.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

hi, im going to feel up my wallet now. sexually. be right back.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nattack View Post
    hi, im going to feel up my wallet now. sexually. be right back.
    I bet it's as empty as your soul.

Even so, having money doesn't make you smart. If any place could be used to prove the stupidity of piracy, BG social and the many 'underground' websites would be some of the first places to look. So many laughably short sighted, self-centered people in these sections.

It's cool though. I do believe in welfare. Some people have to float the underachieving dregs of society and I'd rather you sit in your house playing your pirated games and shedding a tear when you have to actually spend some cash than see you bring your morals and self-glorification into something that actually matters.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

This was a strategic banhammer for Microsoft. Pirating is obviously an issue, but they did this right before Christmas and during the shopping season. With seriously slipping sales, I think they want to boost their sales by banning all the kiddies who will beg their parents to buy another system..

Yes, they are targeting the people to cheap or unable to afford a $60 game. Surely they will fork out $200-$300 for another system.

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Yes, they are targeting the people to cheap or unable to afford a $60 game. Surely they will fork out $200-$300 for another system.
    Funny thing is they will. From what I've read on forums lately their mentality seems to be along the lines of "From all the money I've saved from pirating games, I'd be happy to spend $200 on an Arcade and continue to pirate, in the end I have still saved money."

Of course a lot of people will probably just buy another to play with XBL, and keep the banned one for pirating for offline use.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

If they banned my PSP some how from connecting to the PS store or something, I could care less. The value of having a system moded, for one use or another (playing snes games etc) is much more valuable than even xbox live. Save yourself the 50~ bucks and just play offline. (most of the games online you could play on pc anyway)

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I bet it's as empty as your soul.

Even so, having money doesn't make you smart. If any place could be used to prove the stupidity of piracy, BG social and the many 'underground' websites would be some of the first places to look. So many laughably short sighted, self-centered people in these sections.

It's cool though. I do believe in welfare. Some people have to float the underachieving dregs of society and I'd rather you sit in your house playing your pirated games and shedding a tear when you have to actually spend some cash than see you bring your morals and self-glorification into something that actually matters.
    so basically, you love bashing poor college people that can't afford $60 games every week? Of course there are solutions, like using gamefly for one, it's cheap, and play any game you want. I only own like 6 X360 games tops, last one I own and it's not really mine, it's my girlfriend's is BlazBlue. Unfortunately, some people have to resort to such means because, like me, can't afford to shell out for so many games a week, only to possibly play them for like a couple days then stop because so many games come out at once. Of course pirating is wrong, but jesus man, you don't have to go bashing on people who can only afford college and some other bills because there are very few jobs out there. Yet some people really want to play assassin's creed 2 w/o shooting their wallets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast