Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Animated Dagger :)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Animated Dagger :)

I'm getting close to completeing my Mandau and was wondering if anyone can give any tips on the Animated Dagger. Ive seen many theorys and ways to fight it but just wondering if there is any really good way of going about it instead of just going all out from the very start. Think we have 4 Xarcabard runs before christmas and i would love to have a new toy for my 10 day break from work. Thanks in advance for any help

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bring 30 kclub DRKs or use the search function.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I know when my Ls did Animated Tachi we used a lot of MNKs and I think 1-2 kraken DRKs, made it very easy. I am also close to finishing Mandau, tonight was our first run specifically for Animated Dagger but um well, due to some unnecessary aggro and someone actually aggro'ing the dagger itself and them him despawning, we havn't actually engaged it before.

LS just killed animated dagger for thf in the LS who got his mandau, animated dagger is really easy, beat it with 30ish people, 1 kraken drk, couple of mnks, the regular standard alliance. just do the same strat as you would on DL, aside from chain stun.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Do you kite the satillites away or use a Brd to Soulvoive Horde Lullaby them?

Dont knwo if sleeping them with blm or brd works, one will. Just send a blm and a brd there next xarc at the end of the run to figure out which one can sleep them.

Next id recommend you dont train the sattelites away as they will path into the mobs directly to the east??(the 4 eye square) and then your pretty much wiped.

Grats Arzo !!!!

Mandau so close now ^^

edit: for the record, SV lullaby was fully resisted on every one of them and omni promptly ate snow.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks Omni. Got the fragment first try tonight. Was fairly easy and fun and it only tried to warp once. Asuran Fists seemed to stun that attempt which it quickly died after that. Now i just need about 850 bynes and a loaner of 3k and dagger will be complete.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The way we killed dagger was: THF kites satellites off along the side of the mountain going right, while we camped on the other side of the mountain about 50 feet in front of that big clusterfuck of a pull (you know which one im talking about)....THF got all the demons to chase after him but the problem was that they all came back and raped us while we were fighting dagger, at least we killed dagger before we wiped though lol.

I assume kiting the satellites in a different path is much safer, or try to pick a safer camp than on the hill near the cliffside, directly in front of that enormous statue/eye/demon cluster.

SV + Lullaby works as well i think, but i dont know how long the duration is on them.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Don't kite if you don't need to. If you have a bard that can spare a SV+Horde, do it.

The only weapon that resists lullaby is the Animated/Sattelite horns, in which black magic works (and surprisngly, you can actually sleep the animated horn itself, yes, the main weapon).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by omnifarius
    edit: for the record, SV lullaby was fully resisted on every one of them and omni promptly ate snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Don't kite if you don't need to. If you have a bard that can spare a SV+Horde, do it.
    . Omni probably ninja edited his post but still. One of you is lying and I know it's not Omni :wink: .

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Missnasty
    . Omni probably ninja edited his post but still. One of you is lying and I know it's not Omni :wink: .
    :wink:

I love emotes too!

Wafik doesn't know what he is talking about. Not like he has a Mandau or has helped numerous people with it. :wink: :D

edit: IT = other relics 8) 8) :D

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Here's a SS from the first time we did an animated weapon ever (failed horribly) but look at this SS (from my old vid card, sorry bout low quality).

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1...teliteszk9.jpg

Yes, some bards did manage to land horde, some didn't.

This is probably a stupid question, but for the sake of curiosity if you kill the Satellites, does the main one resummon them? The other day we pulled the Animated Staff just for shits and giggles and we didn't damage him. We just sat there and watched him. He stayed around for a long time. He would lose interest, then we still wouldn't touch him, and he would say "Hmm.. maybe i'll stick around, are you calculating some new approach?" So I wonder if you could just let the weapons chill while you killed the Satellites. It's still no easier than just kiting them away or sleeping them, but it would be interesting if nothing else.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    :wink:

I love emotes too!
    But I do it more betta 8) .

And I stand corrected, sorry Lordwafik . {Please forgive me}.

The SV Lullaby method seems pretty random to me, i've seen it not land more than i've seen it land.

If you just spent 5mins sleeping TP and prepping, you don't want to get ganked over by pops. Safety first, just have one person train them away, you won't lose much time because animateds are very slow to move until you start putting decent damage in.

lol i just noticed there's a guy casting Blizzaga III. Those Satellites are about to cause some fucking damage

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

rofl, i think we know why they failed horribly.

The edit was only adding the edit line hehe.

I was fully resisted on all of them regardless. The paladin didn't exactly give me much warning like I asked. I wanted to pop soul voice, minne IV and a CHR etude then nightingale as he ran in. Intead it was basically, "I'm voking at 6:10" (and its 6:04 now). Oh well.

If anyone cares about my gear/stats, I was sitting at 246 wind, 244 singing, 70+38 CHR and using Mary's Horn.

But long story short YAY ARZO.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

The edit was only adding the edit line hehe.

I was fully resisted on all of them regardless. The paladin didn't exactly give me much warning like I asked. I wanted to pop soul voice, minne IV and a CHR etude then nightingale as he ran in. Intead it was basically, "I'm voking at 6:10" (and its 6:04 now). Oh well.

If anyone cares about my gear/stats, I was sitting at 246 wind, 244 singing, 70+38 CHR and using Mary's Horn.

But long story short YAY ARZO.
    Our "Sattelite Victim" Saphirea is the bard that usually takes care of sleeping them, he'll SV+Chr etude x2 on himself before sleeping them. I'll ask him to post here and see his resist rate.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    lol i just noticed there's a guy casting Blizzaga III. Those Satellites are about to cause some fucking damage
    lol, yeah i was telling everyone to -ga spam, it was the first time we ever fought a weapon. After that I changed the strat around.