Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rescuing Prisoners?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Rescuing Prisoners?

Anyone familiar w/ rescuing prisoners? The other day I went out on BLM to Halvung to try to rescue some prisoners. I was able to solo to obtain a Brass Key which is used to open the lock to the cells. The only problem was I couldn't get to the cells. According to http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/nav/?act=show&id=halvung the cells are located on the second map on the left side, but the only way to get there is through a bronze gate. Unfortunately I couldn't get through this gate, do I need to get a Bronze Key to open it? Also someone told me that there are true sight mobs guarding the prison cells, which would make it much harder to get to them.

Thanks

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Rescuing Prisoners?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerme
    Anyone familiar w/ rescuing prisoners? The other day I went out on BLM to Halvung to try to rescue some prisoners. I was able to solo to obtain a Brass Key which is used to open the lock to the cells. The only problem was I couldn't get to the cells. According to http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/nav/?act=show&id=halvung the cells are located on the second map on the left side, but the only way to get there is through a bronze gate. Unfortunately I couldn't get through this gate, do I need to get a Bronze Key to open it? Also someone told me that there are true sight mobs guarding the prison cells, which would make it much harder to get to them.

Thanks
    Map and his sash will save your prisoners.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Heian

Thanks

ROCL

GET THE TABLES

edit: i was gonna make a song with the brady bunch theme but now im not gonna cause i dont want to anymore

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I went hunting for prisoners a week or two ago in Halvung.

Aside from the bright blue dots on the first map, E-11 also has cells (Where I found 2 generals, elvaan and hume blm). On the second map, J-8 had cells too along with what that map says. After searching those places I had rescued them all, so I left.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Each troll on the second map is in fact true sight. There's one troll in each room with cells in it who moves around rather often making ninja'ing around them almost impossible. I've only seen lesser (non general) NPCs in E-7 on the second map. J-8 on the second map had Zazarg and Najelith the only time I've been there.

As for the gate, I'm not sure which you're having problems with. After re-entering Halvung via the number 6 entrance from Dahak island, there's only one gate in the way that's just opened by clicking on it.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tythera
    As for the gate, I'm not sure which you're having problems with. After re-entering Halvung via the number 6 entrance from Dahak island, there's only one gate in the way that's just opened by clicking on it.
    I heard the gates in Arrapago that are opened with a Bone key stay openable for a few minutes, even once they've closed, so it's possible that a Brass key is needed and someone went through there before you.

Then again I don't make a habit of playing around in Halvung so I'm probably wrong.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tythera
    I heard the gates in Arrapago that are opened with a Bone key stay openable for a few minutes, even once they've closed, so it's possible that a Brass key is needed and someone went through there before you.

Then again I don't make a habit of playing around in Halvung so I'm probably wrong.
    I've been through there quite a few times semi recently, either for prisoners, NMs, or random poking around. The only gates in the way are at F-8 and G-7, marked on the ffxiatlas map, and they're just click to open. Unless they added more gates or changed those two gates with the Aug 1st patch, I haven't been down there since that patch.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    Quote Originally Posted by Heian

Thanks

ROCL

GET THE TABLES

edit: i was gonna make a song with the brady bunch theme but now im not gonna cause i dont want to anymore
    wtf i wake up and youre not on MSN but you posted on BG 3 hours ago.
    NOT COOL MAN

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lolsash

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    lolsash
    So I was bored today and I saw your sig and thought it needed a little color, here's my first try at an animated sig:
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...rxiii/Bobo.gif

Enjoy lol (dont delete this post omg)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

does anyone wonder how long it will be until the "lolsash" isnt referenced in every thread? cause i certainly do not.

viva la lolsash

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by ddazska
    does anyone wonder how long it will be until the "lolsash" isnt referenced in every thread? cause i certainly do not.

viva la lolsash
    is that map's dad in your sig?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If prisoners are always in the same cells it would be nice if we could make a prisoner map. That way people could make a b-line for the generals, the dice vendor, or anyone else. Or does this exist already and nobody told me?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    If prisoners are always in the same cells it would be nice if we could make a prisoner map. That way people could make a b-line for the generals, the dice vendor, or anyone else. Or does this exist already and nobody told me?
    Locke made one on here at one point, but I think it was found that the prisoners were more randomly placed...it's in some thread I'm too lazy to search for

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i'm curious to know which server has the most prisoners....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Locke made one on here at one point, but I think it was found that the prisoners were more randomly placed...it's in some thread I'm too lazy to search for
    Odd. You would think with the nature of the NPC system in this game that they would have made them appear in static locations. (They seem to detest doing actual work when it comes to anything else...)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Odd. You would think with the nature of the NPC system in this game that they would have made them appear in static locations. (They seem to detest doing actual work when it comes to anything else...)
    They probably knew that half the prisoners would never return to Al Zahbi if they did it in static locations

Half the npcs don't return anyway. Woodworking guild in Al Zahbi has been shut down for a week or more on Asura.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Half the npcs don't return anyway. Woodworking guild in Al Zahbi has been shut down for a week or more on Asura.
    At 100k/stack of skeleton keys, I can see why even thieves wouldn't want to waste keys rescuing such prisoners, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    At 100k/stack of skeleton keys, I can see why even thieves wouldn't want to waste keys rescuing such prisoners, honestly.
    Because I demand immediate access to Oak Lumber.