Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Interviewing loophole?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Interviewing loophole?

This dawned on me the other day, but does it seem like everyone who has the chance to interview the FFXI development team, ask the same questions only to get the same answer of a different version of the same answer?

People who get to interview always ask the same questions.

- Can BC zones be instanced. This includes all BC, Dynamis, Limbus, etc...

- What's being done to handle RMT and Botters and or TOS violators.

- Why aren't certain mobs popped under certain - new - methods and their pop time reduced.

You know, the same ol same ol. Everyone asks those questions over and over but offer no new questions, and they will keep getting the same answers just a different way.

Like this Milkman dude from 1up.com. He asks basically the same questions every interview, hoping he will ask something new, and it gets tedious.

Now for me, if I ever had the chance to interview or ask a development team member a question (which I posted a question on the Aug 23rd interview topic,) I would ask questions like.

- What's in store for the future of FFXI.

- What new ideas do you have in mind for future release that will keep the game fresh.

- How long is treasures of aht urhgans storyline compared to rise of the zilart and chains of promathia. (asked this I believe in the other topic.)

- Will any characters from COP return in TAU.

- Will we see the far east in TAU or the EXP pack after.

- Will the Imperial District of Aht Urhgan be accessible as a zone.

- Are there any plans on making all monsters on the main continent of FFXI spawn as fast as the ones in the near east.

- When is the next time RDM, BLM, WHM will see any new spells outside of the ones that were just given to each job? Will it be that much longer of a wait.

Now that is just some, and I could evem condense those TAU ones into 1-2 questions. I mention TAU a lot because of course, that is the expansion pack we are on.

I just wish people would ask a diverse selection of questions instead of ones focusing on good gear, RMT, botters, which GM cares about their job, pop times reduced, gimp jobs being fixed, etc... It's just the same old questions just a different day.

Anyone else feel the same way about all these people who lack diversity in interviewing?

-X-

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Because those questions are important and need to be addressed, people are hoping that SE will stop pussy footing and deal with them.

Id rather hear an half answered question about the kings or dynamis, than to know what CoP characters would show up in ToAU. The majority of interviews are held by idiots and ask stupid questions, rarely do we see an interview with good questions, and even more rarely do we see the good answers actually answered.

It seems SE is more concerned with eye candy, rather then the actual mechanics of the game. Its not hard to say 'were working on this, here is our current status *list here*' or 'no we arnt working on it atm, but we know everyone is bitching about it, so we may work on it' or 'yes its done, it will be released next update'. Usually its 'lol! youll just have to wait and see what we have in store for you!'

Its not hard, SE just sucks at communication.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

his dawned on me the other day, but does it seem like everyone who has the chance to interview the FFXI development team, ask the same questions only to get the same answer of a different version of the same answer?

- Why aren't certain mobs popped under certain - new - methods and their pop time reduced.

You know, the same ol same ol. Everyone asks those questions over and over but offer no new questions, and they will keep getting the same answers just a different way.
    Because they never fix them. It's gotten bad enough that people would rather insist on trying to get them to fix the problems we have right now than to bother worrying about what new different things they could add in the future

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Because those questions are important and need to be addressed, people are hoping that SE will stop pussy footing and deal with them.

Id rather hear an half answered question about the kings or dynamis, than to know what CoP characters would show up in ToAU. The majority of interviews are held by idiots and ask stupid questions, rarely do we see an interview with good questions.
    QFT

I don't give a rats ass how long the story of ToA will be in relation to the other expansions because 1) I'm going to go through it all regardless and 2) afterwards I'll end up back camping kings/farming dynamis/staring at moogle spin around.

Not to sound like an asshole, but those are exactly the kind of gay softball questions you'll find at Zam. First of all, your questions are inviting anyone who may answer them to give incredibly trite and vague responses.

The list of questions compiled here are intended to be concise and well directed. We have specific questions and we want specific answers.

Do you work PR or something for SE?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Do you work PR or something for SE?
    I thought the same thing.

Anyway to the OP, just like what everyone else has said, those questions are the ones that are important to us. We will find out if characters from RoTZ or CoP show up in ToAU when it happens so there is no reason to worry about it. If we keep asking the same question about botting at land kings or RMT at Ulli to square maybe they will realize that there are problems and that they should fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Not to sound like an asshole, but those are exactly the kind of gay softball questions you'll find at Zam.
    I agree with this absolutely.

Norelco is still a cunt though.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Well I can agree somewhat with what you guys are saying about my questions. However they are meant to be diverse.

Yes SE should or seems to have to be asked ten million times before they listen, it's just, they hardly do interviews unless it's after the release of an expansion or whenever that milkman guy decides to get curious. The same questions hale the same answers just in different sentences, and I'm sure some people would like to hear something different then

"We're continuing to ban numerous accounts for violation of the TOS."

"We are doing everything in our power to prosecute those who are this and that."

"Just keep reporting things to the GM. They will do their job." (yea right.)

I know those things are important, my opinion is that there needs to be more diversity in the questions that are asked when people are able to get SE to crawl out from their hole. Specifically questions on future job adjustmenst and addition of more spells possibly through the merit system. The questions about the far east wouldn't be bad in my opinion either. Everyone knows they miss Tenzen.

-X-

Watch any top notch current affairs interviewer on TV. If a slippery politician evades questions, they won't ask new questions that the politician can give easy, sugary answers to, they'll rephrase the hard question, they'll press the issue, they'll demand answers and at the very least humiliate the slime.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Otarius
    Everyone knows they miss Tenzen.
    Unless you can fight Tenzen in a v2 battle and he drops his better than king abj multiclass armor and his ability to harness Phoenix in a weapon, he can stay locked away in those horrible memories known as CoP.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I miss CoP. TAU's missions haven't been challenging in the least. I liked working my ass off for Sea access and my Tamas and Magnetic Ring/Earring.

I wish the FFXI development team would mix CoP style storytelling and challenge with ROZ/TAU content. That would make one of the best EXP's ever.

-X-

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Norelco is still a cunt though.
    Oh poor you. Get over it. 8)

I know those things are important, my opinion is that there needs to be more diversity in the questions that are asked when people are able to get SE to crawl out from their hole.
    SE gets plenty of these questions from Zam. I'm not saying it because blurting "ZAM!" is the popular thing to do these days, but because....well....they really do ask these questions. Why ask them questions that a.) someone else will ask, and b.) we'll find out the answers to anyway?

Not only are we using these more direct and harder questions to ask for information we are interested in, we're also using them to bring to inform them that we're generally unhappy with a few aspects of the game and that they need to be addressed.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

People don't ask those questions because nobody is going to quit if Tenzen doesn't show up, while many people will quit, and have quit because of how retarded the loot system is (No progress is one of the numerous reasons some bg people went to WoW, for example). The best armor came out in 2003 and theres nothing remotely close to ridill/ebody/abody/osode/haidate/mbody/defending ring since that time.

Re: Interviewing loophole?

I'm going to explain in a concise manner.

Too vague

- What new ideas do you have in mind for future release that will keep the game fresh.
    Too Vague

- How long is treasures of aht urhgans storyline compared to rise of the zilart and chains of promathia. (asked this I believe in the other topic.)
    Nobody cares

Nobody cares

Nobody cares

Nobody cares

- Are there any plans on making all monsters on the main continent of FFXI spawn as fast as the ones in the near east.
    They do, monsters outside have 5m pop times, inside have around 11-16m pop times. Everywhere

- When is the next time RDM, BLM, WHM will see any new spells outside of the ones that were just given to each job? Will it be that much longer of a wait.
    Nobody cares

I just wish people would ask a diverse selection of questions instead of ones focusing on good gear, RMT, botters, which GM cares about their job, pop times reduced, gimp jobs being fixed, etc... It's just the same old questions just a different day.
    Sorry for making questions people, you know, care about

-X-
    Handwritten sigs are retarded

Now for me, if I ever had the chance to interview or ask a development team member a question (which I posted a question on the Aug 23rd interview topic,) I would ask questions like.

We have very exciting plans for the future but are not at liberty to divulge details at this time.

We are interested in hearing feedback from players and incorporating it into new facets of gameplay.

Many players seemed disappointed that CoP was too (long/short) so we tried to make Aht Urhgan a little more (short/long).

A few familiar faces may pop in here and there (sheepish grin)

We are always looking to expand Vanadiel for players to explore.

We have many plans for Aht Urhgan that have yet to be developed and implemented. I think you will be surprised.

We feel it is better to focus on new content that is fresh rather than go back to rehash old content.

We are currently examining the ramifications of the most recent update. It is too early to say whether these jobs will receive new spells.

There are your "new and diverse" answers to your questions. Took me about 2-3 minutes.

Nynja Edit: I totally agree with Max's post before mine lol

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Holy shit it's like those questions were answered by a dev. 5 thumbs up.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If anyone ever had a chance to be hired in to SE, it would be that guy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    Truth
    There are your "new and diverse" answers to your questions. Took me about 2-3 minutes.
    If you close your eyes, you could almost hear the devs in the room with you.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy

[quote:71c95]

We have very exciting plans for the future but are not at liberty to divulge details at this time.

We are interested in hearing feedback from players and incorporating it into new facets of gameplay.

Many players seemed disappointed that CoP was too (long/short) so we tried to make Aht Urhgan a little more (short/long).

A few familiar faces may pop in here and there (sheepish grin)

We are always looking to expand Vanadiel for players to explore.

We have many plans for Aht Urhgan that have yet to be developed and implemented. I think you will be surprised.

We feel it is better to focus on new content that is fresh rather than go back to rehash old content.

We are currently examining the ramifications of the most recent update. It is too early to say whether these jobs will receive new spells.

Nynja Edit: I totally agree with Max's post before mine lol[/quote:71c95]
    Sage Sundi, is that you?