+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynamis Valkurm (Glitch?)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dynamis Valkurm (Glitch?)

Ya ya, CoP zones suck.. but we did Valkurm today with intentions of clearing and killed fairy ring, then nan'tina, then headed for boss.

I was under the impression and read on multiple sites that killing fairy ring removes miasmic breath and killing nan'tina removes the boss's charmga ability.

We engage the boss and chainspell stun, he manages to charmga, shortly after stun is over he spams miasmic breath till everyone is dead. I'm a little confused since the point of wasting 40 minutes to kill both NM's was supposed to be to remove these abilities.

So, did something strange happen? Or does killing NM's weaken ability and not remove it?

Anyways, thx

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

welcome to CoP dynamis, where up is down and nothing is quite the way it should be.

Nice to know its still broken.

Vygun

Re: Dynamis Valkurm (Glitch?)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar

So, did something strange happen? Or does killing NM's weaken ability and not remove it?

Anyways, thx
    Heard of this happening to a lot of people so your not alone. Hasn't happened to me. Sorry i couldn't be a bigger help or be any more insightful.. Just letting you know this isn't the 1st time I have heard of this happening.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Artica tells me in the middle of Assault, Rex tells me on AIM and I hit F5 and it's on here lolol.

That is pretty gay though. If you look back through some of the old posts there's records of it happening from the day it was first implemented.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Does it sometimes work the way it is supposed to? Killing Fairy Ring and Nan'tina to weaken the boss.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

First time we tried Valkurm, killed ring and the goobbue, and it still charmga'd. Second time, killed both, and it did niether, but the second fight was also very fast because we had 2 drk with kc along for the trip this time

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Christelle does these moves A DAMN LOT MORE if you don't kill the NM's. It's just like the Apocalyptic Beast in Buburimu, killing mobs associated with TP moves don't completely remove them from the boss but they don't spam them anymore.

Try Valkurm boss for fun without killing any NM... Charmga > Miasmic Breath > Charmga > Miasmic Breath. 5 seconds for this, fastest non-flail wipe ever. 8)

First time, didnt kill nantina, didnt charmga
    Second time didnt kill nantina charmga'd like crazy
    Third time killed nantina, didnt charmga, died to some fool aggroing stuff

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko
    Christelle does these moves A DAMN LOT MORE if you don't kill the NM's. It's just like the Apocalyptic Beast in Buburimu, killing mobs associated with TP moves don't completely remove them from the boss but they don't spam them anymore.

Try Valkurm boss for fun without killing any NM... Charmga > Miasmic Breath > Charmga > Miasmic Breath. 5 seconds for this, fastest non-flail wipe ever. 8)
    go find a BLU Mamool Ja

they're fun

Ninja Edit: Killing a dragon in Buburimu completely removes a WS. It will ready it but it won't actually activate.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko

go find a BLU Mamool Ja

they're fun
    I had a merit party in Thickets the other day and one agro'd us with Radiant Breath, followed up with Bad Breath then did 1000 needles as we were running away...

They're kinda cool because they're unpredictable whereas I find PUP mob's Automaton extremely annoying.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Troll Puppets can self SC impaction , not to mention their ws that make up their self SC do about 400-500 each with no blinks up

This happened to our Dynamis Linkshell as well...it is sad Atleast we only wasted 1 hr on it

Quote Originally Posted by Jazelon
    This happened to our Dynamis Linkshell as well...it is sad Atleast we only wasted 1 hr on it
    We got the same amount of AF from one run in Dynamis-Valkurm that we lost to CC in as the previous 4 runs in Dynamis-Xarcabard. And the AF was a ton better too.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

nobody asked about how much AF dropped.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    ...No, but he said "wasted". If a decent amount of AF dropped it's hardly a waste

That being said, CoP dynameis suck ass and are a waste of time. Shit rewards with a 1 hour cap with the boss being the only TE? ...Yeah, coupled with the shit droprate it can go fuck itself.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Just got done wiping to Valkurm's boss.

We won this the first time, and it didn't do Breath/Charmga.

Didn't do anything different. The only thing i noticed was that in our winning run, Goobbue didn't do Charmga, but tonight it did it once.

<< In Alina's Dynamis LS. Also wanted to mention someone aggroed the hippogryphs nearby, which didn't happen the first time, in the off chance doing that resets his TP moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Ok you want my opinion on the issue at hand instead of continuing a derail? Here goes: everybody is assuming that it is supposed to remove the abilities and that its glitched. The way I see it, this is the kind of thing that would be fixed pretty fast, since it completely breaks a zone. I think instead people are just guessing wrong on what the NMs exactly do and since people have underexplored the zone and tend to go to complete and be done with it.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus

Ok you want my opinion
    nope

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast