Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ashira

Has anyone helped a BLU get Magic Hammer?

Hoping for a nearly immediate answer as I debate how best to help out a few BLUs now... just how vicious are the Poroggos? Because the wiki makes them sound really scary...

The -ga'ing sounds tough for NIN, but I don't know if Fenrir would fare much better either?

Easily duo'd.
    When they first came out, I helped kill them as BLU/WHM with a NIN/WAR. Their Charm is nasty. Trio would be the safest route...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yea not very hard to kill but the charm is a pain so bring someone who can sleep the poroggo and the person charmed. As a BRD w/ full wind merits and about +20 in wind skill I still was only about 60% in landing lullaby on the frogs, I have no idea how successful sleep is but the BLU had trouble landing pinecone bomb's sleep.

We we're fine clearing all the pops w/ 4 as BRD BRD BLU NIN. One of the BRDs forgot to change subs and came as /BLM too and we we're still fine on healing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I have no clue why people are saying these are hard. I easily solo rdm/nin, and in the end we had 2 blu/nin and myself to learn it. It only used charm once, very easy to debuff and sleep.

Atlas has their location listed if you don't know where to find them. Just pull back to the vicious liquid room and you won't have any problem from any other mobs (though the stupid sahagin like to aggro from below while pulling the frogs).

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Similli
    I have no idea how successful sleep is but the BLU had trouble landing pinecone bomb's sleep.
    Pinecone Bomb is probably the worst BLU sleep, so Yawn or Soporific should have no trouble landing.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung
    I have no clue why people are saying these are hard.
    Because they cast Death.

I'm suddenly reminded of Aurik's old Perdition thread.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    I have no clue why people are saying these are hard.
    Because they cast Death.

I'm suddenly reminded of Aurik's old Perdition thread.
    Silence them? Or was that the TP move that has a chance to kill someone instantly?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I can solo the Froggies on BLU. That make you feel better?

Have the BLU keep it on Head Butt lockdown, he/she need not do any DD spells outside of Head Butt (unless he/she is 73+). Frog Song will probably be the most dangerous attack, so suffer it. For the AoE Water Bomb attack, just stay on point with a cure right after (you and who ever else is fighting should have Echo Drops, Silena shouldn't be the life saver here).

Ashira

We're out here as BLU BLU SMN- JP BLUs in my LS, they asked for Fenrir tank for Charm, which I haven't seen yet~

We're having more trouble with random aggro from below than the frogs themselves. One learned Hammer on the second Frog, still waiting on the other. Fun stuff though. They're really squishy. :D

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Edited last post some. :3 You can have the SMN grab the aggro, BLU/NIN can dual tank Frogs np, as long as everyone is on point with cures after the Water Bombs.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I need to go learn this soon. I hope war/nin, whm/nin and blu/nin can take them. ._.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth
    I need to go learn this soon. I hope war/nin, whm/nin and blu/nin can take them. ._.
    That works, just have the WHM ready with the cures, and you stun like it's going out of style.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Or you could just do some salvage runs on BLU and learn it there. That's how I did it.

It's easier to solo them than duo. They don't charm that often, and when they do they'll just despawn if you're solo and you were bright enough to pull them. Chaotic Eye lands easily.

Zephyr Mantle is another easy solo on the DC puks in the SW of w.woodlands.

Banned.

BG Level

lolshadowring

Ashira

They're not too bad; just bring echo drops!

BLU seems to silence it easily with Chaotic Eye; we didn't try any sleeps on frogs, just other adds (fish, mamool ja, etc).

Nothing super horrible though, I certainly didn't need to worry so much.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I brought a level 66ish PT to the Ziz camp, we killed the 2 poroggo on the way without stopping. Didn't see charm, but they died easily.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Just do what the guy about 15minutes ago did. I was just sitting in my mog house chating to people and I get a random tell from some BLU to join an exp party. I wasn't doing anything and was pretty bored so I was like "Sure." He asks me "are you sure?" and I was like 'Yeah why wouldn't I be sure >_>"

He then takes the party to Mamook and has us sneak and invis up past the lower level mamooks to the Porogoo camp to "exp" on. I asked him if he just needed help to learn the spell he could have just asked ( I was bored anyways ) but I didn't really like the fact that he 'played' a whole group of 6 people into thinking they were joining EXP not to mention wasting the IS/silent pots to get there. Hell, even if he said, "Hey do you guys mind farming Magic Hammer before we head to camp..i cant get any help.." or whatever, I would have been perfectly happy with helping him out.

Nevertheless it still didn't change the fact that I was bored, so the entire 'exp' party helped him farm Magic Hammer. After he learned it, he said "well i thought these would have been tougher cause my guide says they are 82-83. Does anyone want to go exp off Soulflayers? They are VT>IT and should be great exp :D"

RNG warped, I mijined and disbanded. Welcome to the blacklist. I swear some people haha.

Either way, Porogoos aren't to bad, and they can be silenced. Worse thing is the AoE silence (Water Bomb)

I easily solo rdm/nin, and in the end we had 2 blu/nin and myself to learn it
    wait are you saying you learned the spell as rdm/nin? > >

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    I easily solo rdm/nin, and in the end we had 2 blu/nin and myself to learn it
    wait are you saying you learned the spell as rdm/nin? > >
    yes, at the same time he was soloing with 2 other BLUs