Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TP BURN KIRIN please help!

Ok, my linkshell has attempted a TP kirin in the past but only got it to 31% before ppl started dying...

Anyways, this is our setup we can go as.

3PLDS - 3WHMS - 9WAR - 2MNK - 3SAM - 3RDM - 3BRDS

Now, how do we set up the parties? what 6 songs should the bards go with? Do, the whms stay in the DD parties? or outside?

We just need a detailed fight, so we can burn our kirins successfully (Possibly without 2 hours?) On our first one though we will be 2 houring.

Any help would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Re: TP BURN KIRIN please help!

You don't mention Feint nor Angon nor Dia 3 in your post, and it might be a solid explaination on why you guys wipe. Debuffing the crap out of Kirin (especially the debuffs that lower his defense **feint** and evasion **angon**) is the way to ensure your win.

Kirin can be TP-burnt by any alliance of competent people nowadays, so your setup doesn't seem better or worse than any other...just need to weaken the mob and strengthen your people. I'd use more MNKs but it's just me.

Your BRDs should know which songs they should sing.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Altho I personally haven't done too many Kirin TP burns i'll give you my advice. You don't have enough ppl there especially dd wise. You don't need Rdm's and Whm's in the party, in fact you really don't need any of those in the party. Keep the bards in the party with /whm to keep barsontonera up in case you can't interupt Stonega4. No need to have 3 Pld's either, if 1 should fall then substitue the other one in and boot him out. In the case of an Astral Flow wipe just have someone there to kite him till you recover. Definately get more DD in the main alliance tho, the more ppl you have pounding him and doing ws's the better the chances of interrupting his Stonega 4's. Have your Whm's and Rdm's doing /assist Kirin so they know who has hate and who they need to heal. I hope this helps somewhat and GL in the future.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

have 3 bards dancing between all 3 pts before summon it:
    double march,double minuet,double madrigal for example

thf for feint and drg for angon helps a lot.

kick plds and get DDs, such as mnks,sams,wars, etc

have a few healers outside de alliance for extra cures

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaa
    You don't mention Feint nor Angon nor Dia 3 in your post, and it might be a solid explaination on why you guys wipe. Debuffing the crap out of Kirin (especially the debuffs that lower his defense **angon** and evasion **feint**) is the way to ensure your win.

Kirin can be TP-burnt by any alliance of competent people nowadays, so your setup doesn't seem better or worse than any other...just need to weaken the mob and strengthen your people. I'd use more MNKs but it's just me.

WHM's in PT is ok for emergency benediction =3. Only carby is the real nasty AF

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Your setup is wrong. and as previously mentioned you dont have feint. Feint is the key to a Kirin burn.

your setup should be as follows. we have kraken drks so this is how we do it
    PT 1
    bard
    rdm
    thf
    drg
    2x kraken drk

PT 2
    bard
    5x dd

PT3
    bard
    5x dd (1 nin to pop and voke)

bards sing 2x march first party, and 1x min 1x mad in 2nd party. drk party gets 2x march 2x mad. After the bards sing there last song they drop and you /pcmd add 3x whm. we all pop poison pots and pop it while the bards are singing their 4th song. WHM Bene Astral flow and heal where needed, usually DRKs, and you kill kirin in <1 min. The KEY again is landing Feint, Angon, and Dia III.

you dont need plds thats dumb, hate will be bouncing all over no mattter what a PLD does.

Thats how we do it with 2hour.

If we just wanna TP Burn it w/o 2hr we throw our aegis pld in but usually hate is usually all over anyway, an extra thf for 2x feint would help as well. we usually kill it with between 1 and 3 smns popping, about 6-10 min

Sea Torques
    BG Level

- 3 BRDs doing a constant rotation for 2x Minuet, 2x March, 2x Madrigal.
    - WHM are PT leaders to invite the rotating BRD. 1 BRD is calling the rotation in LS and gives command to switch parties.
    - Practive the BRD rotation beforehand, until it is running smooth and perfect.
    - MNK/WAR, SAM/WAR, WAR/NIN, DRK/WAR are your melee of choice (Berserk helps alot).
    - Melee eat Attack Food, due to Feint.
    - Rotate 2 THF for fulltime Feint.
    - 1 DRG for Angon, which disbands for either a DD or 2nd THF afterwards.
    - 1 RDM for DiaIII and Gravity.
    - 1 WHM in each PT for CuragaIV after Astral Flow.
    - Have backup melee outside (Melee can get one shot easily from Deadly Hold).
    - The Warrior needs to constantly voke Kirin of the melee without Utsusemi.
    - Poison Potion for Sleepga.
    - Outside Kiting PT for mini gods (If Kirin even spawns them).

Practice makes perfect. Communication is everything. Easily winnable in less than 3minutes with decently geared melees. You don't need Ebodies, you dont need Ridills, you don't need KC, you don't need Black Belts. Stuff like that makes it just easier and faster. We got it down to perfection and done around 20 Kirins this way. Fastest was 1:30min IIRC.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Attila
    You don't mention Feint nor Angon nor Dia 3 in your post, and it might be a solid explaination on why you guys wipe. Debuffing the crap out of Kirin (especially the debuffs that lower his defense **angon** and evasion **feint**) is the way to ensure your win.

Obviously

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TB
    - WHM are PT leaders to invite the rotating BRD. 1 BRD is calling the rotation in LS and gives command to switch parties.
    - MNK/WAR, SAM/WAR, WAR/NIN, DRK/WAR are your melee of choice (Berserk helps alot).

Practice makes perfect. Communication is everything. Easily winnable in less than 3minutes with decently geared melees. You don't need Ebodies, you dont need Ridills, you don't need KC, you don't need Black Belts. Stuff like that makes it just easier and faster. We got it down to perfection and done around 20 Kirins this way. Fastest was 1:30min IIRC.
    do you leave your bards in the alliance after they sing? try leaving the WHM outside during singing then when bards done, drop them and get in the WHM. should be able to get them all in within kirin >90%. This will get you 3x more Melee in your alliance with 2hr songs. Also I think voking is pointless, hate is going to be all over anyway. Once a decked melee does a WS with souleater up, you aint pulling it off him unless your using a kraken club

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

if you're just tryin to get it down for the first time with tp burn style, just use your 2hrs, esp on bard. rotated 3 SV bards and you'll pwn it w/o feint or angon, if you have competent war's with decent gear. we had no adberks no ridills no BB no feint no angon, 2 min 20 sec kill on our 2nd attempt. just had lots of war and a few sam/war and mnk/war. war's just spam hate, nin's can't do good enough DD to even try to pull hate but war can, i tanked about 30% of ours on war. you need all 6 songs up or you will not kill it fast enough, keep bards alive and pty leads alive, and make sure pty leads know how to rotate bards.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by yrpaine
    if you're just tryin to get it down for the first time with tp burn style, just use your 2hrs, esp on bard. rotated 3 SV bards and you'll pwn it w/o feint or angon, if you have competent war's with decent gear. we had no adberks no ridills no BB no feint no angon, 2 min 20 sec kill on our 2nd attempt. just had lots of war and a few sam/war and mnk/war. war's just spam hate, nin's can't do good enough DD to even try to pull hate but war can, i tanked about 30% of ours on war. you need all 6 songs up or you will not kill it fast enough, keep bards alive and pty leads alive, and make sure pty leads know how to rotate bards.
    Man...
    Toralin and I got all the DRGs around the world really excited, saying that Angon rocks and it's needed on Kirin...and then you come and destroy their hope :/

Of course, it can be done without any form of debuf, but since every LS usually has a main DRG and a main THF, and seeing that Angon and Feint are both more efficient than adding 1 DD, you should really consider these if you have the corresponding DRG or THF available.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Definitely kick the plds, you dont need them

We have 3 parties of 5 dd each, war, drg, mnk, sam, 2 thfs, we have no kraken drks or relics so we just throw in whatever dd we have

3 brds one in each party soul voice double minuet, madrigal, march. after singing 2 songs drop and go to next party. After all 3 parties have 5 songs throw a whm in each and pop it.

Have all melees zerg as fast as they can drgs angon, thf feints, then next thf 30 sec later. No vokes hate just bounced around. When kirin astral flows, have whms bene (if 2hrs arent up, curaga is usually sufficient) and a few sec later it should be dead. Last time we did it, first fight we zerged with all our 2hrs took about a minute, 2nd run we barely had any 2hrs except brds and took just under 2 min.

Best dds ive seen (again no kc drks or relics)
    Drgs - can do a ton of damage and if well geared they can do just as much if not more then any other job
    Mnks - hundred fists is nice to make sure kirin's stonega gets interrupted
    Wars - best ive seen was war/sam using polearm, with mighty strikes up can do penta thrust over 2k, multiple times with meditate.
    Sams - goes without saying, multiple ws, very fast

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I need to get with the times and level polearm then. :[ fack

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by yrpaine
    Man...
    Toralin and I got all the DRGs around the world really excited, saying that Angon rocks and it's needed on Kirin...and then you come and destroy their hope :/

Of course, it can be done without any form of debuf, but since every LS usually has a main DRG and a main THF, and seeing that Angon and Feint are both more efficient than adding 1 DD, you should really consider these if you have the corresponding DRG or THF available.
    with soulvoiced madrigal and sole+1 i didn't miss a single hit. we had some wars with tomahawk, but it's not necessary, i'd probably want thf in for th3/4 more than feint because feint will not last the entire duration. good war/nin voking/warcry and ws + ic wing + ws at start can keep hate over mnk/war if you do it right and mnk/war does best dmg from what i've seen.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Heres some parses of a few of our kirin burns

Nightsage and Chaosblast are the Kraken DRKs.
    Evilsoul,myself(Toralin),djbiglar,Makaveli, Biddlert,oaster are WARs all with Ridills cept toaster
    Vegetta, Ultimatehavoc are MNKS
    Draden is SAM
    oh on the last one i finally got my drk to 75 and was using kraken

http://ttkls.com/kirin.JPG
    http://ttkls.com/kirin2.JPG
    http://ttkls.com/kirin3.JPG
    http://ttkls.com/kirin4.JPG
    http://ttkls.com/kirin5.JPG
    http://ttkls.com/kirin6.jpg

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Make 3 parties of 1BRD, 5DD, swap a WHM in for BRD when songs done. Should have WHM leader, incase DD die and need to be swapped. Extra Mages, outside Ally to heal. BRDs swap parties, each BRD sings a set of songs. 2xMarch, 2xMinuet, 2xMadrigal.

KC/Mkris/BZ/OC DRKs are best DD but also need heavy curebombing. MNKs are next(can sub war just fine), followed by WARs and RNGs and then w/e else you got. Just load up your best and heaviest DDs and let them go off. You can sleep TP and get an IW for your first try, might be a good idea but not needed onc eyou get the hang of it.

Feint is awesome, should have 1-2 THFs you can swap in. THF Feints, WSs if they have TP and drop and sub in other THF. I'm sure agnon is nice too but we didn't have any DRGs ever. WHMs just run in after AF and Bene and cure DRKs or other people getting owned.

Our Kirin's lasted about 50-60s with one going past 3m because it wiped alot of people on AF and we only had like 20 people.

couple parses from us and crappy video.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...808/kirinz.jpg
    Top DDs; Obe and Kno are DRKs, Jud(me!) MNK, Igni WAR. Other people are assorted MNK, WAR, RNG and a THF or 2.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...808/kirin2.jpg
    Top DDs; BB, Soul, Me MNK, Izzu, Igni, Baha WAR. Our DRKs died in like 5s for some reason.

boring video, no sound, lol; http://files.filefront.com/1003007+Ackz ... einfo.html

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin
    Quote Originally Posted by TB

do you leave your bards in the alliance after they sing? try leaving the WHM outside during singing then when bards done, drop them and get in the WHM. should be able to get them all in within kirin >90%. This will get you 3x more Melee in your alliance with 2hr songs. Also I think voking is pointless, hate is going to be all over anyway. Once a decked melee does a WS with souleater up, you aint pulling it off him unless your using a kraken club
    Since MNK,WAR,SAM pretty much do about the same damage in such a zerg fight, the voking does help a bit. And we leave our BRD and WHM fulltime in alliance, because the BRDs are switching PTs during the fight as well and the WHM need to invite them. It is a constant BRD rotation, to make sure all 6 songs are on all the time. The WHM are also needed for Curaga IV after Astral Flow. We never needed the extra 3 melee spots.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

or you can just have a melee invite the BRDs and after they drop out invite the WHMs and hand them leader.

btw, why DRK/WAR? berserk is useless for SE Zerg. DRK/NIN to not get onsehot, DRK/MNK or DRK/DRG for pure DD. Unless you mean DRK/WAR for non-KC/Mkris/w/e zerg weapon, in which case DRK kinda sucks for Zerg without a zerg weapon.

When my LS first started to TP Burn Kirin we also didn't really know how to do it, but we knew that we didn't want to waste a pop set. My idea, and what I'd suggest to you to help you get the hang of it for the first couple of times, is to kite Kirin until you kill all the mini's off and then to TP burn it. That way, if you don't have the power to kill him in one shot all you need is one NIN up to kite him around until you get your force back up to try it again.