Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Temporary Campaign Items     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Temporary Campaign Items

Some people are absolutely oblivious to their existence.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...105_232440.png

Testing out the bomb damage now. Doesn't appear to add anything to your exp. Damage is abysmal, but it's funny to see the shocked faces of the players who try to run away from it.It doesn't get you aggro from mobs you throw it at.

Apparantly you can toss it at other players too. I have yet to confirm whether it actually does anything to them.

Also available are Binding, Paralyzing etc. Tubes. These look funky.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...105_233726.png

These have the same properties as the bomb. I think these are only available when that crackpot alchemist freelance is allied with your nation.
    In addition to these, you can get your standard besieged items. Fanatic Drink is always nice. Anyone know how much if any exp you get from popping certain items? Eg. If you tank with Fanatic Drink, do the 0 damages add anything for you?

Anyways. Fun times~~

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeh. I fucking spammed like 20 bombs at one point and walked out with 900~ EXP. (I decided to spam bombs rather than do my usual tanking)

One dangerous thing is that it actually plants hate on you, if the bunched up mobs aren't occupied, you're doing down, fast, tried and tested, by me.

My favourite is Spy's Drink. With a Joyeuese you attack near Hundred Fists style. I don't bother with the other stuff, I want to take the most damage and deal the most damage.

RR
    Spy's Drink
    Elixir

Oh, I think no EXP (or noticable boost of EXP) from popping items. I buy loads where and when possible usually. Infact, it's almost like I seem to get more EXP if I don't buy items at all (outside my own nation's territory)

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm pretty sure Sandy on Bahamut had all the bombs w/o having any special freelances. Now that we have more freelances we have spys drink/fanatics etc, and still have those bombs. Also, Sandy never really had Azima so that gets rid of that theory as well.

As for the actual bombs, it's fun when theres lots of mobs attacking like in La Vaule (only on the week you take it over) because of 300 temp items and tons of mobs. Pretty sure it's no hate as well.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

While I will need to test again, the reason I stopped using those bombs/mines/tubes is because it did get me killed many a few times (although this was pre-latest patch). Not sure if anything was updated.

Anyway, if there's a lot of NPCs/PCs around, these items normally become invisible, as I've noticed.

The bombs/tubes availability are based on amount of campaign areas controlled, I think. And it seems they do not add enmity now, as I recall using a Paralyzing Tube on a group of Yagudo bashing fortifications, and they didn't even notice it was me.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think the tubes/bombs are based on skill/production levels on the nation. The tubes and bombs did get ninja patched in the update so that when they go off, they are hate-free.

As for the temp items, there's only 2 freelancers that provide the majority of them. Azima gives fool's, sprinter's and some other drinks while the other one who will not be mentioned because someone will probably steal him/her if i post this, provides fanatic drinks, spys, barbarian's, monarchs and some other ones.

Choh moui gives shepherd's drink and dracesse or w/e its called, and I'm pretty sure the frog gives oracle's drink.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Bombs still give free Avatars or did they patch that too ?

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Windermere View Post
    I think the tubes/bombs are based on skill/production levels on the nation. The tubes and bombs did get ninja patched in the update so that when they go off, they are hate-free.

As for the temp items, there's only 2 freelancers that provide the majority of them. Azima gives fool's, sprinter's and some other drinks while the other one who will not be mentioned because someone will probably steal him/her if i post this, provides fanatic drinks, spys, barbarian's, monarchs and some other ones.

Choh moui gives shepherd's drink and dracesse or w/e its called, and I'm pretty sure the frog gives oracle's drink.
    Tubes and bombs are available anytime depending on your rank and nation's production levels; all the 'stat boosting' drinks except for body/mind boost are granted when you have Azima. No other freelances affect those.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm 100% sure Azima doesn't provide all of the drinks since when I recruited the "secret" freelancer, he/she provided the other set of drinks.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't find the drinks except Spy's Drink too useful. Some campaign ends way too fast (and there's no way of telling) to make them too worthwhile.

Using temporary items depletes a zones resources. It's for this reason that I only use the reraise items.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Hmm that's interesting. I never paid attention to items correlating to freelance NPCs.

Does Azima (or the secret one) provide Gnostic's drink? Testing that drink came up in the enmity discussion thread and I checked if I could get it in campaign but I couldn't, I didn't realize there were different triggers for different items.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    I don't find the drinks except Spy's Drink too useful. Some campaign ends way too fast (and there's no way of telling) to make them too worthwhile.
    Body Boost is also priceless to the soloing DRG/Mage.
    You get your healing breaths at a much safer buffer.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    Bombs still give free Avatars or did they patch that too ?
    I'm thinking they patched it. Someone I was campaigning with the other day tried it and said it wasn't working. I'll try it and double check though.

I usually only get Reraise Scrolls, but I've been getting Dusty Wings (or whatever it's called) every so often when on Drk to self skillchain (SS > Insurgency).

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Azima should give gnostic's drink

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Tube are deadly, all the mosnters always go for me when I use them.

Fanatic/hp boost are the drink I get usually, pretty useful (if you don't get one shotted before using it) against bosses or when something goes ugly.

One thing I hate about temp item is how long it take to buy them. You often get interupted if there is monster around, click "leave the battle" option by mistake with the lag. There should be a cheap "buy all" package in the main menu or something. Or just distribute them like they do in Besieged

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    One thing I hate about temp item is how long it take to buy them. You often get interupted if there is monster around, click "leave the battle" option by mistake with the lag. There should be a cheap "buy all" package in the main menu or something. Or just distribute them like they do in Besieged
    Buy them before you apply for tags. Or turn in tags w/o aggro then buy then reapply tags. That's what I do.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can buy items when not in Campaign? I'm pretty sure you can't and the items go away when you lose tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Buy them before you apply for tags. Or turn in tags w/o aggro then buy then reapply tags. That's what I do.
    Lies. You can't use or purchase campaign temps. unless you have allied tag on.
    The items disappear once campaign is over.

Although Instant Reraise carries over for the normal duration.