+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poker Sites?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Poker Sites?

Recently started playing online poker again. Came back and can't use Full Tilt anymore for lame reasons. So I'm looking for a different site to use but I don't know what's popular now since I've been gone. Any suggestions?

P.s. I know this has been made before, but im looking for new suggestions.

E. Body
    BG Level

Re: Poker Sites?

Absolute Poker has always worked as an alternative for me, Poker Stars is kind of a last resort thing I use if nothing else works.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    Recently started playing online poker again. Came back and can't use Full Tilt anymore for lame reasons. So I'm looking for a different site to use but I don't know what's popular now since I've been gone. Any suggestions?

P.s. I know this has been made before, but im looking for new suggestions.
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27863&hilit=poker

3 months ago is a long, long time...

anyway ultimatebet ftw imo

Title: "HUBBLE GOTCHU!" (without the quotes, of course [and without "(without the quotes, of course)", of course], etc)
    BG Level

Absolute Poker.

pokerstars.net has the best interface/tournaments, I really like that site

UltimateBet, cuz Phil Helmuth is my personal hero. Even though I think I spelled his last name wrong.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    UltimateBet, cuz Phil Helmuth is my personal hero. Even though I think I spelled his last name wrong.
    One time I watched him come in and sit down at I think a 400/800 table with $5000.

Lost it all in like 3 minutes. Pulled out another 5 grand. Same thing. Did this like 3 more times.

Then finally he gets a nice streak and is back up to like $25k

Insane how people can be so... calm with that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    One time I watched him come in and sit down at I think a 400/800 table with $5000.

Lost it all in like 3 minutes. Pulled out another 5 grand. Same thing. Did this like 3 more times.

Yeah, Matasow (sp?) is the same way on Full Tilt. I've watched him lose insane amounts of money on there before, but he's always back playing later than night or the next day.

EDIT: and to stay on topic, I love Full Tilt because of their sit-and-go availability.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

You'll lose more if you aren't calm about it. I watched Ivey on full tilt lose like 500k to seda in an hour.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

the pros get paid to play on their sites, so basically they're just gambling with free money.

most of the legendary pro's are sick gamblers anyway so losing that kind of cash is an everyday thing for them, especially for stupid ass side bets like running marathons, or seeing who can lose the most weight.

Not to mention they're absurdly rich as it is, so losing that kinda money isn't such a big thing.

Working your way up in the Poker Life is tough to take big losses, once you're pro and have sponsorships, endorsements, websites, and the lot, you no longer have to avoid huge losses just to profit in the end...must be nice

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plow

Buying in for less than $30,000 in a 400/800 limit game is beyond retarded, just go play blackjack if you want stupidly gamble.

Most of the live pros that play on these sites are good players, but 95% of them are in some form degenerate gamblers... most of the big names aren't going to be hugely profitable online, there aren't many people willing to give them action at those stakes besides the top internet sharks (even then most of them would just prey on weaker opponents a little lower down).. and they aren't going to beat internet pros as much as some people might think (if they are even profitable against them).

back on topic: if you're banned from full tilt then pokerstars is the best bet after by quite a bit. UB and AP have had some issues with superusers (programs that let people see the other guy's hole cards), and both have had some terrible press/customer service. Pokerstars is also the largest and has a nice layout.

I played online for a while recently after a huge break, and the caliber of player is so much higher in general than there used to be on partypoker back in the goldenage. Your average game will have a few fulltime pros/college kids etc... even at micro stakes, grinding 15 tables for .5-1 big bets/100 hands. They're also super aggressive.. so if you're a good player you can still win, but the variance is just ridiculous at times, especially playing limit.

Live games ftw.