FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Game of Thrones (PC/Mac/PS3/360/Mobile)

Leading developer and publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games and HBO Global Licensing today announced a partnership to create an interactive episodic game series based on the critically-acclaimed and Emmy® Award-winning epic drama Game of Thrones.

The multi-year, multi-title partnership between Telltale and HBO Global Licensing is targeted to premiere digitally in 2014 with an episodic game series for home consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile devices. Specific platform details are yet to be announced.

"Since the very beginning, Telltale's goal has been to work alongside the most talented and respected forces in entertainment, bringing their worlds to the interactive space as no other game studio can," said Dan Connors, co-founder and CEO of Telltale Games. "Working with HBO to develop a new game series based on Game of Thrones is a natural fit for our studio. This partnership will create an experience that will captivate the huge, global Game of Thrones audience. It will put them in control of the epic stories of warfare, intrigue, violence and revenge that we know and love."

"We're delighted to be working with Telltale Games, a proven leader in the creation of engaging interactive content," stated Josh Goodstadt, Director of Global Licensing. "Our fans are always looking for new, exciting ways to engage with the Game of Thrones brand and this game series will put them right in the middle of the action by letting them decide where the story will lead. This brings a whole new dimension to the world of Westeros."

Based on the bestselling fantasy book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin, Game of Thrones is an epic story where political and sexual intrigue abound as seven noble families fight for control of the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms.
    Release date: 2014

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Have no respect that they did an announcement trailer as a trailer. Just shows they have gotten too big for their britches

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Have no respect that they did an announcement trailer as a trailer. Just shows they have gotten too big for their britches
    Agree. I wasn't impressed with TWD game and if it's more of the same I'd pass.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I never played TWD game because I wasn't into the show but I'll definitely try this one out if it's good.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I am excited. I loved The Walking Dead game, hope this is similar in quality.

From this article,
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Graser
    Multi-year licensing deal between HBO and Telltale was announced Monday and will include multiple games.
    I wonder if this means multiple Game of Thrones games, or if we're going to see a Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire game as well. (The Wire?)

GATTACA!

BG Level

TWD game was excellent, very optimistic about this.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I never played TWD game because I wasn't into the show but I'll definitely try this one out if it's good.
    Bit off topic, but the game is a lot better than the show.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was just thinking about this the other day. Wondering if the same team that did TWD are now on this, given rhat TWD just finished up Season 2.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://content.nerdist.com/previews/iMwaqlq7-Y8zICmdy

New teaser for Episode One coming soon. Confirmed to be on PS4 and XB1 as well.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Glad to see that not only are they tying it into the show, they're using the likenesses and voices of the actors. (Well, at least Cersei's voice). I thought maybe they would just leave them eternally off screen and referred to in the third person.

From Telltale's website FAQ:

Quote Originally Posted by Telltale Games
    Who will I play as?
    You will play the game from five different points of view. Each character you play as is a member of House Forrester; either a direct family member, or a person in service to House Forrester. Scattered across Westeros and Essos, the characters play their part in seeking to save House Forrester from destruction.

Do Telltale’s games usually feature this many playable characters?
    No. The increased number of playable characters not only reflects the epic scope of Game of Thrones, but is also something that the player needs to be mindful of, because the actions of one character that you are in control of can ripple out to affect the rest of House Forrester. Multiply the actions of one character by five, and you’re truly playing the Game of Thrones…where you win, or you die.
    Looking forward to it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They also are making it six episodes instead of the usual five that had been Telltale's standard in the past.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    New teaser for Episode One coming soon. Confirmed to be on PS4 and XB1 as well.
    Soon or now?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Glad to see that not only are they tying it into the show, they're using the likenesses and voices of the actors. (Well, at least Cersei's voice). I thought maybe they would just leave them eternally off screen and referred to in the third person.
    From the press release;

Tyrion Lannister performed by Peter Dinklage, Cersei Lannister performed by Lena Heady, Margaery Tyrell performed by Natalie Dormer, and Ramsay Snow performed by Iwan Rheon. Additional cast members will appear in later episodes.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Episode one came out on PS4 (in US) and Steam today.

Xboxes and PS4 (Europe) tomorrow.

PS3 next Tuesday. Android coming soon.

Entertainment Weekly review is generally positive.

$4.99 for one episode or $24.99 for the full season (6 episodes).

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh shit, I'm sitting on a $20 steam coupon. Think I found my use.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So wait, if I'm paying $32 on Steam, does that mean I'm paying $32 for episode 1 of 6 (i.e. I'll be paying 6x $32 for the whole story like walking dead), or $32 for the entire story?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    So wait, if I'm paying $32 on Steam, does that mean I'm paying $32 for episode 1 of 6 (i.e. I'll be paying 6x $32 for the whole story like walking dead), or $32 for the entire story?
    I just paid $24.99 for the full season on PS4. I can't imagine it being $32 / episode. The Steam site shows it as $29.99, looks like they're billing that as the full season price.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

ok cool. I always get confused between seasons and episodes with these games. This is a 1 season 6 episode game, like Wolf Among Us then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast