1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.19 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gridania has the coolest salute, but I wanna go Ul'dah :<

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The following changes have been made to how players are allowed to participate in consecutive behest missions:

If the behest a player participates in is a success, then that player must wait two minutes from the start of recruitment for the next behest before being able to sign up. If the behest a player participates in fails, then that player must wait one minute from the start of recruitment for the next behest before being able to sign up.
    It's not every hour anymore. And since no one really does it on my server in most level ranges [if not all] (maybe this will change, who knows?) I don't mind having to wait... oh yeah baby
    my main issue was that they doubled up on the nerf but I don't have to worry about that anymore.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Jesus christ, thats a huge amount of notes.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Good stuff overall, looks like quite a bit to do! One thing kind of concerns me though, their wording on the MP thing. You won't regen MP while "incurring enmity". Does this mean that if the mob's hate is on you (as in flashing red), or does it mean if you're on the hate list at all? If it's the latter, I could see it getting somewhat ugly since getting MP back between casts was a very important technique with the 1.18 MP changes. Then again, it could be irrelevant because geared tanks may be taking less damage now with stats being "fixed".

Also, the LNC changes interest me, it's probably my favorite job to play, and it might be more relevant now. ARC got a damage nerf looks like, though it remains to be seen how bad it will be. Perhaps the other DoWs will be more useful if the debuffs on their class specific WSes are potent.

Beastmen Strongholds look cool, I like what they did with the chests. Means that multiple groups can be there without coming into conflict over chests.

I'm not sure what I think about the droprate bonus for same-company groups on Ifrit. People in my LS don't all want to be in the same company, and it's a little frustrating that we're losing such a possible benefit from it.

Thank god for the fixes to DCing during instances and the fix to obnoxious JP shouts....

But yeah, good stuff! I'm pretty excited to check it out on Tuesday. Well, more likely Wednesday with all the congestion, but almost 9 years of SE MMOs has taught me patience there.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

[dev1032] The action "Guard" has been abolished.
    Blocking with a shield is automated, with the block rate determined by a number of factors, including shield stats.

New Odin
    BG Level

I could see it getting somewhat ugly since getting MP back between casts was a very important technique with the 1.18 MP changes.
    I think Yoshi said some battle strategies would become outdated with 1.19.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So much to go through but man, that is a ton of content. I wonder if the game will finally be at acceptable enough levels to be re-reviewed. I am a bit disappointed we are not getting any major ability changes for the jobs but it looks like GLAs are getting more enmity gaining abilities and shield procs.

Overall, this looks quite good. Until Tuesday!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Wow, this is long. Haven't been so excited while reading about this game since its announcement.

EDIT:

-From the looks of it, active/passive mode is going to get phased out and turn into a combat/out-of-combat system like most newer MMORPGS have. Can't say I have anything about it. Hopefully they'll let you recover HP/MP while moving and out-of-combat later on, too.

-I was hoping the Guard system would be adjusted so it was fun to use actively... but I guess turning it into a passive system works too. I can't say I'll miss it because I actually stopped playing Gladiator over how clunky Guarding was with the stamina system (and I haven't played since after 1.18 ).

-I'm not sure if I agree with the way they're implementing exp chains: short time limits, no cap for the number of chains. Hopefully this won't degrade into having 1-2 people pulling fulltime to keep the chain up.
    I was hoping the chain system would resemble XII's or Abyssea's: No time limit between kills, but eventually you reach an exp/chain cap.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Wow, it took me almost an hour to read all that. It feels like they've just announced a completely new game. 99% of it is good. Disappointed there's still no bug fix for the recast timer issue I often whine about. The lack of market ward update throws a downer on the new economy too, will be back to checking each individual item for its materia.

Very interesting, this is something that could really bring me back to the game if it all works out well and the game is slowly becoming solid finally.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Can see people complaining abot Company gear going only up to Lv30

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I wouldn't say I'm ready to jump back in pretty much just because I hate the market wards and I'm semi-hoping to start fresh with PS3, but these are some excellent changes and it's a serious step in the right direction. I think it clears the way for the live letter next week too, being as a lot of fairly mundane questions have been answered in the update.

Things are looking up!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Can see people complaining abot Company gear going only up to Lv30
    Private Third Class! Those who were Private Third Class in FFXI ran around naked. Be glad you're allowed to use gear at all this time around!

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    So much to go through but man, that is a ton of content. I wonder if the game will finally be at acceptable enough levels to be re-reviewed.
    Before server and engine overhauls...no.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

My take:

- Tutorial graphics seem nice, nothing fancy, but should help new players.
    - Great quest names, as usual.
    - Company leves will come from the same pool as battle/field/local.
    - Items and companies can increase rewards from Ifrit battle.
    - New level 15 raid.
    - Chains and links give pretty significant bonuses, but only 10 seconds after chain 5 to continue the chain.
    - The changes to LNC skills sounds magnificent.
    - NOT digging the lack of recovery while moving, that's one thing I always really liked about the design.
    - I really like how quests are pre-reqs for the materia system, and then again for advanced attachment.
    - 12 types of materia catalysts?!? And a somewhat bizarre distribution of where they are found & by which class.
    - Courelstep renamed stealth, LOL
    - The small tweaks to the UI (items, equipped status, etc) should add a bit of polish. Still would like a complete overhaul though.
    - All the UI stuff listed sounds useful, functional, and a positive thing for the game.
    - Keyboard layout with arrow keys for camera... people been asking for that for over a year!
    - Subtargeting commands, hell yeah.
    - Sounds like macro bars can be brought up full-time overtop of the action bar.

THIS is a patch. I'll take a week late for it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Afaik they use the word 'raid' for instanced encounters and this one isn't. Will be more like underground area with mobs I guess.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Those who defeat Ifrit in a party formed exclusively of members from their own Grand Company will earn greater rewards.
    What... the... fuck?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah that's about the worst thing in the patch. "Hey we're doing a run for the great Ifrit loot, who is in Ul'dah company?". Tough luck if you picked Gridania and 90% of your LS are in Ul'dah's. Hopefully it's nothing special and just a seal reward or something like that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Need more clarification on what "bonus rewards" mean. It could just be company seals.

I remember them saying before that while you can't switch companies, your allegiance wouldn't really matter other than the items you can buy and the quests you do so it's kind of curious that they added the same-company-bonus-reward to the Ifrit fight.

I like the humor from SE:

* Please note that all chocobos issued by the Grand Companies are male, and will be referred to as such by NPCs, even if given names such as Sparkles, Misty, Honeydew, and Femalechocbo. (Names will have a 12-character limit.)

* Muscle Restorative Panacea This potent potation temporarily improves stamina and endurance. If improvements last for more than four hours, please contact a physician.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast