FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

"I wish I had just paid her off" - Donald Sterling, No F*cks Given

I feel that this saga will be an ongoing story for the next couple of years, so it would be better to contain the news within it's own thread versus small blurbs in the NBA thread(s).

The recording that started it all;

The ex-mistress, Vanessa Stiviano aka Vanessa Maria Perez aka Monica Gallegos aka Maria Valdez, (age 31) who recorded the hours of audio and claims to have leaked none of it.

And the latest news;

Co-Owner Shelly Sterling approves of a new CEO, Stiviano had an exclusive interview with Barbara Walters
    The estranged wife of suspended Clippers owner Donald Sterling said Saturday that she supports the decision by the National Basketball Association and the team to work together to find the franchise a new chief executive officer.

Shelly Sterling, a co-owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, said she spoke with NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to tell him she supported his decision to fine her husband $2.5 million and hand him a lifetime suspension after racist remarks by Donald Sterling became public.

"We also agreed at that time that, as a next step, both the league and the team should work together to find some fresh, accomplished executive leadership for the Clippers," Sterling said in a written statement.

Her statement didn't mention the potential sale of the team, which Silver has said he will press the other 29 ownership groups to mandate through a vote.

The league said in a news release that now that Donald Sterling is banned from team operations, it is best the league step in temporarily.

"The best way to ensure the stability of the team during this difficult situation is to move quickly and install a CEO to oversee the Clippers organization," NBA Executive Vice President Mike Bass said in a statement. "The process of identifying that individual is under way."

While the team has been distracted off the court, it has continued winning on it. The Clippers defeated the Golden State Warriors 126-121 Saturday to win its first round series in the NBA playoffs.

The Clippers will face the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday in the Western Conference semifinals.

V. Stiviano speaks

After dodging the media for days, the woman who recorded Donald Sterling making racist remarks urged him to apologize.

In an exclusive with ABC's Barbara Walters on Friday, V. Stiviano said Sterling is hurting after the scandal that turned him into a sports pariah.

"I think he feels very alone. Not truly supported by those around him," Stiviano, 31, said. "Tormented. Emotionally traumatized."

But, she told Walters, this is not the first time they've discussed race.

"There's been a number of occasions where Mr. Sterling and I had conversations just like this one," she said. "Part of what the world heard was only 15 minutes. There's a number of other hours that the world doesn't know."

One audio of Sterling's conversation released last month triggered a firestorm that led to his ban and league-record million fine.

In the audio, the billionaire tells Stiviano not to "promote" her relationship with black people or bring them to games after she posted a picture on social media with NBA legend Magic Johnson.

Stiviano said Sterling should apologize for the comments and has discussed it with him.

"God only knows," she said when asked if he will apologize.

Stiviano's attorney has said she did not leak the audio tape.

Shelly Sterling is suing Stiviano, saying the 31-year-old woman received cash and property bought with the couple's money. Stiviano says the items were gifts.

Donald Sterling has not spoken publicly since the controversy erupted.

Donald Sterling's fall

Other NBA owners, players and sports commentators called for swift, firm punishment after TMZ posted the audio featuring the racist comments purportedly made on April 9.

Silver, heeded their call, issuing sweeping sanctions against Donald Sterling on Tuesday.

Under the lifetime ban, Sterling is prohibited from NBA games or practices, stepping foot inside any Clippers facility, taking part in business or personnel decisions or having a role in league activities such as attending NBA Board of Governors meetings.

If Sterling does sell the team, he'd profit considerably. He bought the Clippers for $12 million in 1981, and the team is now worth $575 million, according to Forbes magazine.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/04/us/cli...elly-sterling/
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/barbara-wal...ry?id=23569035

Stiviano celebrates her 21st birthday for the 10th time
    When you're Donald Sterling's sugar baby, you can have your cake and eat it too -- V. Stiviano celebrated her birthday last October with a giant cake that said "HAPPY 21st!" ... even though she was actually turning 31.

The party took place at a restaurant inside the Staples Center -- these were happier times for Sterling ... possibly happier because he thought he was dating a woman 10 years younger than she actually was.

The cake says 21, but we know from court docs ... Stiviano's actually 31.

Sources close to V. Stiviano tell us, she has notoriously lied about her age for years -- so it's not a stretch to think Sterling believed his sidepiece was barely legal.
    http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/01/v-stiv...erling-photos/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Maybe the bang 20 year olds was hyperbole. Still, 79 (?) year old phallus and 31 y/o... receptacle.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Why the fuck would he care? Dudes a billionaire and can will still have no issue landing a 20 year old model.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Some people reconsider ignorant views after being lambasted for them

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

something i read was trying to say that she's a travvy, and he knew the entire time. if true, just lol

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

inb4 TRANNIES ARE REAL PEOPLE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Unban Solanis imo

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    something i read was trying to say that she's a travvy, and he knew the entire time. if true, just lol
    got in an argument with someone about this the other day and i want to lol so bad if its true

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    Why the fuck would he care? Dudes a billionaire and can will still have no issue landing a 20 year old model.
    Pretty much this. Here is the latest girl he attempted to hook up with and she approached him.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Oh and he should care because he is being forced to give up the NBA franchise he owns

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Oh and he should care because he is being forced to give up the NBA franchise he owns
    hes old, still going to be rich, and about to drop dead from cancer. nah

SLAY WHILE YOU CAN. GODSPEED, DONALD

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

lmao. GET IT IN, SON, DO GODS WORK

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    hes old, still going to be rich, and about to drop dead from cancer. nah

SLAY WHILE YOU CAN. GODSPEED, DONALD
    He is planning to sue if they try to force him out

so yeah

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

at work, can i get a tl;dr of that vid?

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

at home, can I get a tl;dr of that vid?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    at work, can i get a tl;dr of that vid?
    In the OP, it's her interview with Barbara WaWa. But I posted it because even though she looks very busted, she sounds very womanly.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    at home, can I get a tl;dr of that vid?
    mah nigga

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    He is planning to sue if they try to force him out

so yeah
    So, if he decides to sue the NBA (which I don't think he'd win since it's a private league which has a constitution he agreed to), this will drag on beyond the off season. And if that happens, won't players refuse to sign with the team/demand free agency? If he cares about the money at all (which, he's a billionaire, so maybe he doesn't care about it?), it really seems like he should sell sooner rather than risk devaluing the team.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

i assume players would want to distance themselves from that situation if he somehow retains ownership.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast