+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paranormal Activity 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Paranormal Activity 3

Didn't see a thread about this. If there already is one feel free to delete this I suppose.

Anyways, went and saw the advanced screening that phoenix was hosting for free last night. It was a pretty incredible movie (by my standards), and was also the best of the three. Did anyone else go see it, or is anyone going to when it comes out this weekend? I would highly suggest seeing this one in theaters.

So yeah, discuss!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

is this one a prequel? i never saw part 2 electric boogaloo

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Didn't see a thread about this. If there already is one feel free to delete this I suppose.

Anyways, went and saw the advanced screening that phoenix was hosting for free last night. It was a pretty incredible movie (by my standards), and was also the best of the three. Did anyone else go see it, or is anyone going to when it comes out this weekend? I would highly suggest seeing this one in theaters.

So yeah, discuss!
    if i hated the first and skipped the second, how will this one fare

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

For that matter, should I bother with the 2nd movie? I liked the first one but wasn't amazed by it, and skipped the 2nd one due to just never getting around to seeing it. Could I watch this one without missing anything? The commercial said something along the lines of "see how it all began" so I'm assuming they're just going to keep making movies that take place before the previous ones.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

2nd > 1st, scare-factor was much lower though. Gonna go see the 3rd just because it guarantees me some action.

If you watched the first, you should at least watch the second. It's much more intense.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Gf refuses to see any of them. I wanna see it but we often house and babysit for a relative that's incredibly isolated so I prob wont be seeing it.

Ridill
    BG Level

I liked the 1st way better than the second. I got so bored with the sequel I started to skip through guy the movie. 3rd just like incredibly stupid to me.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I liked the second way more then the first, but i dont know if thats because I saw the second first and then the first. I'm hoping the 3rd is just as enjoyable as the second movie, cause I loved the hell out of it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Feathermoon

fuck that movie

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Went and saw it tonight. Midnight premier. Unfortunately I wasn't able to hear any of the dialogue because for SOME REASON it is ABSOLUTELY necessary to OBNOXIOUSLY laugh after a "scare" (jump) scene. Just my luck for most of the important dialogue to follow after most of the scare scenes.

Was a lot of 'cool kids' (the ones(redneck fucking retarded) who yell out loud during the showing to be hurdur) in my theatre.

I'll have to wait for the DVD to have a full view of the movie.

I can say that most of the "scary" parts didn't make me jump but there were A LOT of creepy parts. The creepy parts actually gave me shivers throughout my whole body. I separate the "scary" and the creepy parts because the "scary" parts are generally the stereotypical "BOO!" scenes that are just so blatantly obvious it hurts.

Spoiler: show

HUGE cliffhanger at the end. big enough to ruin the movie, seriously.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not to argue, but how in the heck is there a cliff hanger at the end? It seemed to wrap up the whole story fairly well.

But then again I saw it on Tuesday night, and after a bit of reading online (looking for reviews) I saw something about how the movie I saw may have been an "unfinished" version. Bleh.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

It's definitely unfinished. How is it not? Spoiler your response.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I will watch this at home because it's way more scary to watch in bed in the dark. I liked both of the previous films. Both seriously scared me because there are parts of the films that have happened to me personally.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I will watch this at home because it's way more scary to watch in bed in the dark. I liked both of the previous films. Both seriously scared me because there are parts of the films that have happened to me personally.
    details go

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I just don't see how it was a cliff hanger...

What part seems unsolved? The girls are taken by their grandma, the ritual or whatever is completed. The girls are brainwashed by said grandmother and the "demon" doesn't return to their life until one of the women is ready to give offspring to a boy. The first boy in the blood line is what the demon wants to take in trade for... something, whatever that cult was about or whatever. That's my take on the story anyways, it seems very complete in my eyes. I will be super disappointed if they make a fourth. I would really like to see more movies that have this kind of cinematic feel but as far as this story goes I hope it's over.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Based on what happened in the trailer, im kinda disappointed.

There was a lot of stuff in the trailers that wasn't in the movie.

Creepy ending though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    I just don't see how it was a cliff hanger...

What part seems unsolved? The girls are taken by their grandma, the ritual or whatever is completed. The girls are brainwashed by said grandmother and the "demon" doesn't return to their life until one of the women is ready to give offspring to a boy. The first boy in the blood line is what the demon wants to take in trade for... something, whatever that cult was about or whatever. That's my take on the story anyways, it seems very complete in my eyes. I will be super disappointed if they make a fourth. I would really like to see more movies that have this kind of cinematic feel but as far as this story goes I hope it's over.
    why was kristi like "cmon tobi" at the end after he killed the boyfriend? I don't see where the brainwashing came into play. In the 2nd one they talk about not being able to remember anything when they were little. Just the fact that they were scared all the time. "All the time" maybe I'm looking too far into it but the 3rd one took place over a course of what? 2weeks max? At the end of the 3rd one the boyfriend days and the two little girls are like nothing happened at all when only 2 or 3 scenes ago they were scared shitless. I feel like the demon practically pushed the family out of their house and to their gmaw's. Simply because after kristi asked to go to gmaw's the mom said no and then the scene where everything falls from the ceiling happens which ultimately forces the mom to say okay lets gtfo.

I don't feel like what exactly happens at that gmaw's house was fully explained and I feel like there's much more to the story than we've seen.

watching gsl atm can't go into more atm

the only problem is if they do make a fourth one they will break the chain the series has been running where each movie is a prequel to the next. if they make a 4th one it would have to be about the gmaw in the cult or whatever which would just be stupid since there's no cameras back then etc etc and if they go on to further and make a sequel to the prequel it just breaks the tradition the series has been following.

i personally don't see a 4th one but i am completely unsatisfied with everything. what's the importance of the picture that was in 2nd in 1st that they took in the 3rd? etc just so many things left unexplained.

I just wanna say the scene where katie runs into 'tobi' while playing upstairs was definitely the biggest ohshit moment in the movie.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Based on what happened in the trailer, im kinda disappointed.

There was a lot of stuff in the trailers that wasn't in the movie.

Creepy ending though.
    They did that in the second one too. There was a scene in the trailer where she was getting thrown around the kitchen and you didn't see in the movie.

E. Body
    BG Level

saw this smacked with a bunch of black people
    fun ride, actually enjoyed it more than the first though it felt short
    got a nice noroi vibe, especially when shit started getting real at the end.
    can't wait to watch an unrated version so i can try and catcy all the shit towards the end

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    details go
    The house I grew up in is haunted. The previous owners had a six year old girl that drowned in the bathroom. At night I would hear my name being whispered in my ear while I was sleeping. Doors would open and close by themselves, my stereo volume knob would turn up and down on it's own, you could visibly see the knob moving. My dog would bark and whine toward the doorway. So when I saw those things in the movies, it really freaked me out. I'm at the point where I can't watch the new trailer without getting goosebumps.