+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 FFVII!?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This is so important that I care to reply, because FFVII was such an awesome game!

Xavier

Ironically, this is probably why I'd buy a PS3.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Get over it. They won't release FFVII on PS3.

I wish they'd make the ps2 version for PSP.

How many times will Squeenix remind their fans that they will not be making a remake of FF7, and how many times will fans insist that Squeenix is making a remake of FF7? >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede
    How many times will Squeenix remind their fans that they will not be making a remake of FF7, and how many times will fans insist that Squeenix is making a remake of FF7? >.>
    Square will stand firm on the policy to not remake FFVII for a newer system until the day that they decide that they want to make a whole lot of money.

They could've re-released it on the PS2 and again on the PS3, and people would still buy it.

The power of fanboys knows no bounds.

I want a Suikoden, SO1/2 and Xenogears remake =\

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    They could've re-released it on the PS2 and again on the PS3, and people would still buy it.

YES PLEASE.

Screw FF7 and their fanboys, remakes of those 5 games would be sooooooooooooooooo much better.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Julian

YES PLEASE.

Screw FF7 and their fanboys, remakes of those 5 games would be sooooooooooooooooo much better.
    I still wish they would do a full remake of FFVI. Update it to a full 3-D engine with pretty graphics and rendered cinemas so the fan boys (and girls) will have to admit that it was the best story out of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

YES PLEASE.

I still wish they would do a full remake of FFVI. Update it to a full 3-D engine with pretty graphics and rendered cinemas so the fan boys (and girls) will have to admit that it was the best story out of all of them.
    Wasn't Nintendo working on it a FF6 remake for N64? But yes, FF6/3 needs to be remade.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

YES PLEASE.

agreed. I can just imagine the possibilities.

:Magictek Armor
    :Espers
    :Sabin
    :Atma Weapon
    :KEFKA

The list just goes on. The remake on PS was kinda cheap, just added more load times.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by MikedeeFenrir

YES PLEASE.

Wasn't Nintendo working on it a FF6 remake for N64? But yes, FF6/3 needs to be remade.
    I think that Square made a brief demonstration to what could be done on the N64 using FFVI as the base, but then Nintendo decided to make it cartridge based only. (Mr. Nintendo: "CD game machines are just a fad! People love blowing in cartridges to make them work!") That is when Square broke ties with Nintendo.

the latest EGM said it was official ff7 was being remade, but it only had one picture from the tech demo and no other information so I'm kinda hesitant to trust it.

(Mr. Nintendo: "CD game machines are just a fad! People love blowing in cartridges to make them work!")
    lol so true

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Either last months or month before that GMR mag had an article confirming ff7 remake and it is going to be on ps3.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Because SE said they'd never make a direct sequel to any FF game (FFX-2 wha~)

Because SE not just said no FFVII remake but time and time again they said they'd never make any sequels to FFVII (avent children, dirge of cerberus).

Leaving SE aside, after RE3 Capcom stated in an interview that was the last RE game.

Riven was to be the last sequel to Myst....then Exile...then the Third Age (I think that was the name) then like myst game # 134093824203498 is the "last" myst game to be made.

Need I mention Tomb Raider.

After playing games long enough I refuse to never ever believe a company when they say "that's the last" or they'll "never make X", unless that company disbands. (even then it could happen, thinking of Xenosaga)

Which means we can still hope! Who knows, though, if it's true or not. However, I'm sure with all the sales they got from "FFVII:AC among the other games that they're tempted to squeeze more money out of us.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

(even then it could happen, thinking of Xenosaga)
    Nooooooooooo

Well, I see their mentality behind not wanting to remake it.

Let's assume SE makes most of their income from the Final Fantasy series. They have several choices:
    - Release a new Final Fantasy. You can expect tons of fans to go for this, and possibly aquire new fans in the process.
    - Release a sequel to a previous Final Fantasy. You can expect many fans of that game to go for this or buy the previous game too.
    - Rerelease a new version of an older Final Fantasy. You can expect some fans (mostly fanboys) of that game to go for this.

These are only my estimations, but if we look at the history of SE, you can see that they have been rereleasing older Final Fantasy games that are cheap to produce. I'm sure they've used these for market research on the success of future remakes.

Now assume the top three choices all cost about the same in production costs. Which would make the most sense to do?

Well, I see their mentality behind not wanting to remake it.

Let's assume SE makes most of their income from the Final Fantasy series. They have several choices:
    - Release a new Final Fantasy. You can expect tons of fans to go for this, and possibly aquire new fans in the process.
    - Release a sequel to a previous Final Fantasy. You can expect many fans of that game to go for this or buy the previous game too.
    - Rerelease a new version of an older Final Fantasy. You can expect some fans (mostly fanboys) of that game to go for this.

These are only my estimations, but if we look at the history of SE, you can see that they have been rereleasing older Final Fantasy games that are cheap to produce. I'm sure they've used these for market research on the success of future remakes.

Now assume the top three choices all cost about the same in production costs. Which would make the most sense to do?
    Generally a new game with a new story is favourable, but just because something is a remake doesn't mean is has to be a remake, a good remake (like PoP) changes stuff, alas, that in itself is a risky move.

Personally for a game like FF7, if I was SE, I wouldn't tough a remake with a ten-foot pole. But the games I mentions (maybe not So2 and perhaps xenogears) could get a lot changed without losing the essence of the game itself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast