+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Esper Licensing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Esper Licensing

Is it important who you give each esper to? I just got my first one (Belias) and found out that only 1 person can get an esper and I don't want to mess it up. Is it ok if I give all esper to one person, or split them evenly among my 3 most used char? thanks!

Also, regarding strength, how do the espers rank up to each other? I know Zodiark is the best, and Ultima is the second best I think; but how do the rest of the espers stack up to each other?

They're terrible and useless. Don't worry too much about it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Each esper takes up a certain amount of mist charges. Belias takes up one, and I think Mateus takes up one too. So if you give one person all the espers, there is no way they can use them all in one fight, since you can only have 3 max mist charges per character.

And yeah, they suck.

Zalera is fun to pull out occasionally

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I'm almost done with the entire board, except espers, for my backline so I'm giving my first espers to those guys (I only have 6 atm I think) And then my front-line will get the later ones.

Not that I plan to use them much, but I might do some duoing on Vaan with someone.

Is Claustrum in this game? Would love to be able to solo with my avatar while DDing with it.

I instantly regretted fighting zodiark. Complete waste of my good medicine.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

For status cures you mean? Can't you just get ribbons for that fight though? Or does it pull that cheap "ignore ribbon" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    For status cures you mean? Can't you just get ribbons for that fight though? Or does it pull that cheap "ignore ribbon" thing.
    Does Ribbon block death?

Giving an esper to a player does give that person a bit more mp, as well as a back up fun damage option (not really optional on things that one shot the esper... like everything hard in the game).

I got all the espers simply because some are very fun and unique fights.

Lets face it, the story line fights are rediculously easy, and even the elite marks arnt that difficult, but fighting an esper was always challenging and fun for me (unless i was way overleved.. berzerk, bravery, haste, Zodiac spear..)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Just killed Cuchalian, then Exodus, then Zeromus all back to back. Cuchalian, 2nd try, owned him this time at 57 lol, Exodus was cake....
    but omg Zeromus that was a close one, and i used like 30 X Potions -.-
    Fight was so annoying with all the adds and crap, same with Adremmelech.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    Lets face it, the story line fights are rediculously easy, and even the elite marks arnt that difficult,
    >.>...
    Fafnir wasnt easy.
    He was a bitch.
    Nor Gilgamesh.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    Does Ribbon block death?
    Phoenix down are not "good medicine". Sorry, I simply assumed Zodiark was a status spam fight, not a death spam one.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    Does Ribbon block death?
    Phoenix down are not "good medicine". Sorry, I simply assumed Zodiark was a status spam fight, not a death spam one.
    Well, probably Ethers to, Arise spam.

Good medicine as in megalixirs, and show me a way to get ribbons without a 3% chance at a treasure chest I wouldn't know about without the guide and maybe I'll wear it over bubble belt, but probably not.

and yeah zodi is a death spam fight lol, it's a common add effect on Darkja, which he spams like crazy.

Phoenix Lore x3 + Pheasant Netsuke = Instant full HP Raise using Phoenix Downs. Zeromus is hella easy if you pimp out your characters in melee gear and then just don't bother using potions and use Phoenix Down when someone dies.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

it even possible to do zeromus once you are at the end of the game? i checked lolgamefaqs and they said some guy gives you some key item in bur omisace after the stuff happens there but he's not there in my game ._.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The guy probably moves if you go back later in the game. And according to the list I'm looking at, rare monster number 44 in Pharos drops ribbons.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i spent alot of time thinking of who to give each esper to and what not... but when i finally got to use them, i found it was more for fun and pretty colours than it was for usefulness

only have belias, mateus and exodus so far
    im gonna get the rest jus so i can see all the cool animations ;D

the fights are more challenging than the story bosses too...i ran into adrammelech[sp?] and chuchilain by accident, and got raped.. gonna go back now since im higher level

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yeah i just enjoy doing a fight thats actually a good challenge, compared to most of the storyline bosses are complete pushovers. Never use Espers though :X
    Full out attack burn/Quickenings > Esper
    MAYBE espers are really only decent if u call them out for their ultimate attack, other then that bleh

is Zeromus cool as a Summon?
    (I'm a big FFIV fan)