1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Dungeon Preview (03/07/2014)

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/71b...a7a4278daf.png
    Preparations for patch 2.2 are full steam ahead, and in today's preview, we'll give you a glimpse of The Lost City of Amdapor, as well as the hard mode Halatali and Brayflox's Longstop dungeons!

New Dungeons

The Lost City of Amdapor

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/71b...a4278daf_0.png

Born in magic, the ancient city of Amdapor lived in splendor and died in agony. As the Fifth Astral Era gave way to the Sixth and the ensuing catastrophe, the agent of Amdapor's destruction slept. Now, the seal that has held so long is softening like windfallen fruit─and what blind worms writhe behind the skin of the dead city?

Level Requirement - Disciples of War or Magic level 50
    Item Level Requirement - Average item level 55 or above
    Party Size - Four players
    Time Limit - 90 minutes
    Quest Name - One Night in Amdapor
    Quest Prerequisites - Players must first complete the quest "The Ultimate Weapon."

Hard Mode Dungeons

Halatali (Hard)

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/71b...a4278daf_1.png

Halatali! The very name turns some spines to water and others to steel. Lurid marks of the recent lawlessness remain still, but daily the drudges conquer halls slick with ichor and doorways festooned with things not for gentle eyes. No less deadly for its newly-restored order, the fabled training grounds yearn for new blood─perhaps to brighten the freshly-scrubbed walls of its vast chambers.

Brayflox's Longstop (Hard)

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/71b...a4278daf_2.png

Brayflox's Longstop is overrun with forces of the Illuminati; the furious goblin scholars are bent on recovering a secret recipe centuries in the making and a moment in the filching. Having been pressed into service as Brayflox's boon companion, you have no choice but to disregard the facts of her thievery and defend the Longstop from all those who would seize it from its rightful holder.

Level Requirement - Disciples of War or Magic level 50
    Item Level Requirement - Average item level 55 or above
    Party Size - Four players
    Time Limit - 90 minutes
    Quest Name- This Time's for Fun (Halatali), Curds and Slay (Brayflox)
    Quest Prerequisites - Players must first complete the quest "The Ultimate Weapon."

* Development screenshots are subject to change.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Need some Illuminati triangles drawn all over dungeon screenshots.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I loved Brayflox, have the full set, all six pieces of battlemage gear.

Can't wait for HM. Plus, anything that makes me less likely to roulette into AK or WP is a plus.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    anything that makes me less likely to roulette into AK or WP is a plus.
    You like roulette-ing into Haukke Manor (Hard), Copperbell Mines (Hard), or Pharos Sirius?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    You like roulette-ing into Haukke Manor (Hard), Copperbell Mines (Hard), or Pharos Sirius?
    More myth + more enjoyable dungeons. Haukke in particular is like 20 minutes with a good group. I haven't failed any of those dungeons you listed in like 2 months.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah but Pharos with random DF people? No thanks!

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I find Haukke and Pharos to be much quicker than AK or WP and more efficient myth. I've had plenty of AK parties where the healer or dps have no idea how the final boss works and we wipe over and over. Most people who suck will quit out of pharos, and its only a problem if they are never replaced. I hate Copperbell hard, because it takes much longer than the other two. The second boss, and the wall that has to be mined out both add time just due to mechanics, and the number of times people don't run through the portion where they are throwing rocks at you makes it worse.

Can't wait for the new amdapour, ia ia and all that

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My biggest complaint about those dungeons are how other random DF assholes react to them. It's hard to even attempt them when they come up in roulette because 90% of the time they queue up, someone immediately abandons. Haukke Manor (Hard) isn't nearly as bad, but the final boss DPS-check can easily ruin an otherwise trouble-free run just because the people who stuck it out are simply under-geared.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by manako View Post
    I find Haukke and Pharos to be much quicker than AK or WP and more efficient myth. I've had plenty of AK parties where the healer or dps have no idea how the final boss works and we wipe over and over.
    This is the main reason a lot of people don't like Pharos and to some extent the other 2 Hard Modes as well. Inexperience with the mechanics just makes them harder than they actually are and since people have the annoying habit of dropping out immediately, it just becomes a cycle of fail.

I imagine the new dungeons will give the new tomestones in greater quantities than the old dungeons (if they even give the old dungeons tomestomes) so people will be forced to learn them to farm points and the whole Pharos situation won't be as pronounced as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    My biggest complaint about those dungeons are how other random DF assholes react to them. It's hard to even attempt them when they come up in roulette because 90% of the time they queue up, someone immediately abandons. Haukke Manor (Hard) isn't nearly as bad, but the final boss DPS-check can easily ruin an otherwise trouble-free run just because the people who stuck it out are simply under-geared.
    Might be just me but I honestly think that if you met the ilvl requirement to queue for the dungeon, you're geared enough but possibly not skilled/knowledgeable enough to complete it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm really concerned about how low the ilvl required for those are. Would have been nice to see i70+

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    This is the main reason a lot of people don't like Pharos and to some extent the other 2 Hard Modes as well. Inexperience with the mechanics just makes them harder than they actually are and since people have the annoying habit of dropping out immediately, it just becomes a cycle of fail.

I imagine the new dungeons will give the new tomestones in greater quantities than the old dungeons (if they even give the old dungeons tomestomes) so people will be forced to learn them to farm points and the whole Pharos situation won't be as pronounced as it is now.

Might be just me but I honestly think that if you met the ilvl requirement to queue for the dungeon, you're geared enough but possibly not skilled/knowledgeable enough to complete it.
    I don't understand how people can't understand this. Amen!

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Pretty sure these requirements are higher than Haukke/Copperbell Hard mode's and those are pretty rough if a full group of ilvl 50ish go in, so.. I wouldn't sweat that.

Except, Myth cap is going away and every tard that hasn't gotten full set i90 myth gear should have it by then.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Probably. We'll see how they handle this. More interested in the new currency lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Will the new Allagan Tomestone [[Senki = War Chronicles]] added in this patch be obtained from Leviathan and the new turns of the Binding Coil?

Yoshida: Yes. Also, we'll be removing the weekly limit on Allagan Tomestones of Mythology.
    I know I'm reading behind the lines but it turns my blood cold that they call out Levi/Coil2 and not dungeons. I want to believe the question is asking about it in ADDITION to the new dungeons, but...

This is SE. Tanaka's specter might still carry influence in this world.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't see spamming Leviathan as the only way to cap the myth. That wouldn't make any sense with all they have done to give options for myth farming.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If the weekly cap for the new tome style is 300 and the new turns of coil is 50 each, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the only way to obtain them was coil 6-9 and leviathan (maybe 20-50 per kill). They wouldn't be in any of the dungeons at all.

In fact, that's exactly what I'm expecting now that I've typed it out.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Well, that's certainly one way to get your playerbase to absolutely despise whatever they're forced to repeat in order to cap the new tomes.

What are you doing tonight?
    Fucking Leviathan. Over and over.

Please don't do this devs. Please. Options, no matter how dumb, are better than no options.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Except for the part where (hell if I remember where but) they explicitly stated new dungeons would give the new tomes.

Real question is if those will be added to roulette.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The new tomes are the casuals way to get i110 (or whatever) gear. They will definitely come from all new content and maybe added to some old content. The biggest question is whats the cap going to be. 300 or 450? 450 makes the most sense to me since most people have multiple i90 jobs now that they once again have to gear up.