+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Challenge 36: Double Agents (premieres 12/9/20)

No trailer yet, but ...

Cast List:
    Spoiler: show
    Veterans:

Aneesa Ferreira

Ashley Mitchell

Big Toe

Cory Wharton

CT

Devin Walker

Darrell Taylor

Fessy Shafaat

Jay Starrett

Josh Martinez

Kam Williams

Kaycee Clark

Kyle Christie

Leroy Garrett

Nany González

Nelson Thomas

Nicole Zanatta

Theresa Gonzalez

Tori Deal

Wes Bergmann

Rookies:

Amber Borzotra — Big Brother

Amber Martinez — Are You The One?

Gabby Allen — Love Island/Celebrity Big Brother U.K.

Joseph Allen — America’s Got Talent

Lio Rush — Former WWE Wrestler

Lolo Jones — U.S. Olympian/The Challenge: Champs vs. Pros/Celebrity Big Brother

Mechie Harris — Musician/Ex on the Beach

Nam Vo — Ultimate Beastmaster

Natalie Anderson — Survivor/Amazing Race

Olivia "Liv" Jawando — Shipwrecked

No Bananas (!!!), No Cara Maria or Paulie. Theresa and Darrell are back, and I'm stoked about newbies Lolo Jones and Natalie Anderson. Devin being back without Bananas is also an interesting quirk.

I'm really surprised that we're getting a premiere so soon; I guess filming just wrapped a week or so ago. Maybe the ratings on the 17th rerun of the same episode of Ridiculousness are down and MTV needs something to broadcast.

Figure we can start planning for a draft once an actual trailer comes out. For now, it would be good to confirm that everyone is in, though.

I got an e-mail bounce for the address ending @ufl.edu. I think that's Headspace, although I could be wrong. If that person could PM me a current e-mail address, that'd be great (assuming you still want to play this year, of course).

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I am in and looking forward to seeing Big Toe again

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GATTACA!

BG Level

Also I'm pretty sure the UFL email is headspace but he looks to have another email address on the same chain, so he should see it

BG Level

Wow, I wouldn't have been expecting a new season any time soon, let alone in under a month.

I'm in.

Great to see it's the same veteran males as every season. I was afraid they might actually have to go for some variety there.

Ultimate Beastmaster wtf

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Challenge 36: Double Agents (premieres 12/9/20)

A season without Cara and Bananas? Sign me the fuck up!

EDIT: Bah. Just saw the waste of camera time Nany is back.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Also reallllly stoked to have Theresa back, she is bae

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    Great to see it's the same veteran males as every season. I was afraid they might actually have to go for some variety there.
    I would consider any season without Bananas to have some variety, at least. No Zach, either. Maybe lower levels of misogyny this year?

Ultimate Beastmaster wtf
    I thought it was a weird choice, too, but I think maybe they were desperate for some Asian male representation. Can't remember the last time there was one. Probably worth noting that he's 6'2" and looks like this, so I'm pretty sure he'll do fine in the competition stage.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm just going to say right now that whoever gives the toast in lieu of Bananas is going to get 15 commissioner points. Assuming they show it, of course.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I would consider any season without Bananas to have some variety, at least. No Zach, either. Maybe lower levels of misogyny this year?
    That's fair, but I just look at it as treating a symptom rather than curing the disease. CT/Wes/Kyle/Josh feel like they've been on an endless streak too.

I thought it was a weird choice, too, but I think maybe they were desperate for some Asian male representation. Can't remember the last time there was one. Probably worth noting that he's 6'2" and looks like this, so I'm pretty sure he'll do fine in the competition stage.
    Oops. I only googled "Nam Vo" and the top result was an instagram of a makeup artist. I just thought it might be intentional fodder casting so thought nothing of it. Fessy is there, but otherwise it'd been since Noor?

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I'm just going to say right now that whoever gives the toast in lieu of Bananas is going to get 15 commissioner points. Assuming they show it, of course.
    You still planning on adding points for the person that introduces the recap?

Kind of wondering what sort of living/social arrangement they'll have. They have mostly had them going out to [random bar of the season] for a while, but I'd expect them to keep a tight bubble this time... which probably means the house will be even more disgusting than usual, unless they really dial that stuff back this time.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Full trailer is up. No idea how to embed a Facebook video, so you can click a link. Once it hits Youtube, I will link it back in.

Fessy is there, but otherwise it'd been since Noor?
    You know, I'd forgotten about those guys. They are Asian, of course, but to me, Middle Eastern and Far Eastern are different cultures, and I don't necessarily consider one representative of another just because they're from the same massive continent.

I could be completely off target, and flying my overt Caucasian-ness. I'd be happy to be educated on the subject if I'm off kilter.

BG Level

Well, he's actually Pakistani, so not even Middle East. I get what you're getting at though. To my knowledge there's been 5 Asian males in 36 seasons of this show - Yes, Noor, Turbo, Fessy, and this new guy. 8 appearances. I'm sure they would keep casting Turbo if they could though, since he's the perfect "looks white enough, but still counts as Asian". How are there really no people of Chinese/Korean/Japanese background? I'm sure people will claim that there's fewer recruits and all that, but they're literally pulling these people from any dumbass show these days anyway.

Are demographics much different on other major reality shows? I don't really know, but MTV is also casting 12-16 dudes per season, whereas those shows will have like half as many.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Current gf has me watching love island UK and it's not very diverse

It's a mostly terrible show with some nice drama moments, but has some really good characters that would be awesome on the challenge

I'm actually watching the season that Idris was on and it's mystifying that they chose him because he was one of the lamest people on the love island season

BG Level

Hey now, don't you dare besmirch Love Island, unless you're talking about the US version. I only watched a couple episodes of season 4 and not far enough to when he showed up, which seemed to be the good call to just jump ahead to 5. 2, 3, and 5 are like the consensus best in some order.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Hey now, don't you dare besmirch Love Island, unless you're talking about the US version. I only watched a couple episodes of season 4 and not far enough to when he showed up, which seemed to be the good call to just jump ahead to 5. 2, 3, and 5 are like the consensus best in some order.
    Lol I'm talking UK version. When it's good, it's reallllly good (like the lie detector test episode we just watched) but it's too much empty space a lot of the time. Season 4 is 58 episodes, for example

Good to know about the other seasons, will prob check out 3 next

GATTACA!

BG Level

Full challenge cast with pics:

https://www.mtv.com/news/3171558/the...e-agents-cast/

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here's the official trailer:

I think it makes sense to get the draft started, since it premieres three weeks from tonight. I haven't heard from anybody, but I do know Valisk is out, so I'll proceed with the five. If someone ends up opting out, we'll just take them out of the order and move everybody up a slot.

Um., to determine draft order ... what the hell sports are playing right now? WNBA? No. NBA? No. NHL? No. Uh ... golf? Yeah, maybe golf. NASCAR? Don't ... think ... so? Soccer, yeah, but that seems hard to determine a randomizer since there are so few goals scored or stats to compile. Maybe, uh, minutes of goals scored? Meh.

The are are football games going on, though. Feels almost too relevant to use, though. How else can we overcomplicate a random number generator?

/checks schedule.

MACtion! We have MACtion! Hell yes - there are three games tonight! Football scores aren't even enough to have a random distribution, so let's use yardage.

Starting in the alphabetical order:

In alphabetical order:

Byrd (0)
    Headspace (1)
    Moss (2)
    Vil (3)
    Xno Kappa (4)

We'll start with the Cardinals of Ball State against the Huskies of Northern Illinois. We'll take the total number of yards gained by the winning team, divide it by 5 and compare the remainder to the numbers above. Whoever has their name by the number will get first pick. We'll then remove that person from the lineup, and reset numbers from 0 to 3.

We'll repeat the process three more times, in the following order:
    Total yardage of the loser of the Ball State-Northern Illinois game.
    Total yardage of the winner of the Western Michigan-Central Michigan game.
    Total yardage of the loser of the Western Michigan-Central Michigan game.

That'll give us our order. I'll then put together a cast list and we can start the process.

Sorry to let everyone down who looks forward to the one day every year when the WNBA most affects our lives, but I can only work with what I have.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

To determine draft order:

Ball State got 415 yards. 415 / 5 = 83 R0, Byrd gets first pick. (Woohoo!)

Headspace (0), Moss (1), Vil (2), Xno Kappa (3)

NIU got 412 yards . 412 / 4 = 103 R 0. Headspace gets second pick.

Moss (0), Vil (1), Xno Kappa (2)

WMU got 628 yards. 628 / 3 =209 R1. Vil gets third pick.

Moss (0), Xno Kappa (1)

CMU got 406 yards. 406 / 2 = 203 R0. Moss gets fourth pick.

Draft Order:
    Byrd
    Headspace
    Vil
    Moss
    Xno Kappa

I will put together a draft list and then make my first pick here in the next 24 hours or so.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I will keep this post updated until we get to the top of page 2.

Remaining Draft Pool:

Amber B
    Amber M
    Aneesa
    Big T
    Cory
    CT
    Devin
    Darrell
    Fessy
    Gabby
    Jay
    Joseph
    Josh
    Kam
    Kaycee
    Kyle
    Leroy
    Lio Rush
    Lolo
    Mechie
    Nam
    Natalie A
    Nany
    Nelson
    Nicole Z
    Olivia "Liv"
    Theresa
    Tori
    Wes

Draft Order:
    #1 - Byrd - Ashley Mitchell
    Headspace
    Vil
    Moss
    Xno Kappa
    Xno Kappa
    Moss
    Vil
    Headspace
    Byrd
    Byrd
    Headspace
    Vil
    Moss
    Xno Kappa
    Xno Kappa
    Moss
    Vil
    Headspace
    Byrd
    Byrd
    Headspace
    Vil
    Moss
    Xno Kappa
    Xno Kappa
    Moss
    Vil
    Headspace
    Byrd

There are 30 contestants, and 5 of us, so everyone should get 6 players with no leftovers.

You still planning on adding points for the person that introduces the recap?
    Yes. That will be the only change, other than the guaranteed 15 points for whoever is showing doing the standard Bananas toast.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I really didn't want the #1 overall pick, to be honest with you. This year seems really wide open, with no clear favorites, and only a few people that seem to be obvious to completely suck. There's also nobody that seems to be both good at challenges and likely to hook up with a whole bunch of people, unless there are some rookies I don't know about. But they're rookies, of course.

Reviewing the past few seasons, there's seems to be a definite pattern with Ashley. Good season, bad season, good season, bad season. This is on pace to be a good season. She's a decent competitor, has some decent politicking and polidicking skills, and gives hilarious confessionals. It might be a mistake, but I'll go with Smashley.

Headspace is up.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Natalie A

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast