+ Reply to Thread
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Can anyone identify/name this film? Trying to help a kid do his quiz here...

A bit random to post this here but I'm getting desperate as this question is very anti-Google...

The quiz is to name the film based on the clue provided. The film will be a well known kids and grown up Halloween Film.

Clue: "How many friends could one possibly fit onto a single stick?"

edit: This is the final question, I've managed to answer the rest with some common knowledge and googling.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Been looking around for movies with pogo stick and came up with the Skeleton Dance and Leprechaun, both of which do utilize pogo sticks but have nothing to do with more than one "friend" at any time.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I ended up with "Room on the Broom"

"To the annoyance of her cat a kindly witch allows a dog, a bird and a frog who have helped her retrieve things she has lost to ride on her broomstick, making it top heavy."
    It's a bit too direct, I didn't want to use this film but I'm nearly out of time (for tomorrow morning) and this film is a bit Halloween centric, involving a witch/broom. If anyone else has suggestions I'm willing to review it and then choose. Be cool for the kid to win this Halloween Hamper/Surprise bag I guess hah.

edit: it's annoying how obvious some are, and then there's #13 (attached photo of quiz to give people more of an idea on the quiz):

(#11 and #9 were answered... Corpse Bride and Monsters Inc respectively)

4 isn't Armageddon, it's End of Days with Arnold Schwarzenegger featuring Gabriel Byrne as a gasoline-urinating Satan.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I keep thinking it’s going to be something like Honey I Shrunk the kids or something, but all the answers seem to be Halloween/Monster related, so is know that particular movie isn’t it. My brain will probably explode thinking about it. Thanks.

Makes me think it is vampire related.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Obev View Post
    4 isn't Armageddon, it's End of Days with Arnold Schwarzenegger featuring Gabriel Byrne as a gasoline-urinating Satan.

Not that I know any better, but I just looked up that film and it's set in 1999? Though I did think Armageddon is incorrect too, because it's nothing about 6, 6, 2006/6 lol. It's about a meteorite. I'm gonna inform the mum.

edit: just googled the line. It's from The Omen (2006).

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Makes me think it is vampire related.

I had Buffy The Vampire Slayer on my radar, but it seems like it's the TV series where she kills/sucks things into the stick of hers. In the movie she stabs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I keep thinking it’s going to be something like Honey I Shrunk the kids or something, but all the answers seem to be Halloween/Monster related, so is know that particular movie isn’t it. My brain will probably explode thinking about it. Thanks.

Yeah sorry, mine too. The answers won't be revealed until Friday I think, as per the letter the draw happens by then. I'll try and get it earlier than that though. Every other clue was relatively straightforward, this #13 isn't. Pissing us off lol

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

#8 should be Child's Play, not Chucky.

It's probably not the case, but #13 makes me think of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. The group travels on a bed, since they couldn't all fit on a broom.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Room on the Broom definitely fits 13. My godson watched it around Halloween for a few years in a row.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I had Buffy The Vampire Slayer on my radar, but it seems like it's the TV series where she kills/sucks things into the stick of hers. In the movie she stabs them.
    No way man, she just dusts 'em. No sucking involved.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

9 Monsters Inc?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm going with "obscure reference" or "obvious question to see if you're googling these or not".

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You guys are a bunch of filthy fucking cheaters.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

To be fair I was able to answer all of them except 13. I'm pretty sure it's there to see if people are cheating or not. I mean, it's QUESTION 13.

I asked a friend that runs a movie podcast and goes to the theater at least 4 times a week. Like everyone else, there he had a lot of possibilities but no guarantees. He did suggested kiki's delivery service which could also make sense, but it could also be a vampire film.

I've never heard of Room on the Broom but that looks like the most likely correct answer given the context of the question.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor View Post
    9 Monsters Inc?

Yup.

I tried to get her to correct #8 but she submitted the form already!

Now we wait for Friday I think for the answers. This is really annoying me lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

11 is corpse bride

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Answer to 13 is indeed Room on A Broom.

The rest of it we got correct (#8 too, the acceptable answers were Chucky or Child's Play).

We scored 100% but so did a few others, but unfortunately the kid didn't win the Halloween Hamper (winners were put into a bag and then randomly selected). However, it was just some chocolates and candy, so that's ok.