Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 6     submit to reddit submit to twitter

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Gran Turismo 6

Reveal event @Silverstone today, taking place right now.

Platforms: PS3 And Vita - Social apps for tablets and phones.

Details: 1200 Cars. 77 Tracks.

Release Date: Tentatively November.

Side by side comparison videos of GT5 vs GT6:

blax n gunz
    BG Level

PS3? lol

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'd rather have it for PS3 honestly, means I don't have to drop 400+ on another console for a title I desperately want to play. I've been playing 5 a lot more since I got into watching Top Gear lol, unlocked the test track for practice/arcade in GT5 so I could run my own times. I'm interested to see how they work car customization, in GT5 there were only like 14 cars you could put through official racing modifications in the GT Auto out of like 1100 cars total in the game.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not sure how they're going to fit the likes of GT6 on a Vita without butchering the graphics to PS2-levels, or Sony lifting the 3.5gb limit on games.

At any rate, I've barely touched GT5 here (thanks YLOD eating my original save, killing my interest), so not that much interest in a GT6 unless they improved a lot of shit under the hood (the flow of the menus, the load times, the....PS2 quality cars, etc). Crossbuy with the Vita version might make me crack, since I enjoyed the PSP GT, otherwise I might wait it out and attempt to at least complete all the races in GT5 before moving on.

I felt the same way with regards to GT4 over GT3. At least GT6 should support my G27 wheel out of the gate unlike GT5, which took a whole damn year for them to patch in native support so I can remap the buttons.

[EDIT] Will say though, kinda surprised it isn't coming out on PS4 also. Not as a full fledged PS4 game, but rather "Hey, you can play this on your PS4 also, even though it's essentially a PS3 game". Thinking something along the lines of a hybrid disk that'll work on both platforms.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

A little shocked it is being released for PS3 also. Are the 1200 cars "premium" models or is it some mix like it was in GT5? I also hope they do something better with the sounds so the cars don't sound like rubberbands again. That was my biggest complaint with GT5. You have gorgeous car models and then the cars sound like absolute garbage.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post

Platforms: PS3
    Release Date: Tentatively November.
    aha

hee

hoo

haha

blax n gunz
    BG Level

If they don't announce it for the PS4 by E3 I'm going to lol so hard.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Absolutely no interest in it. I used to be a hardcore GT fan, but they've lost my money through continuously making ship-shoddy games. Terrible, inaccurate exhaust sounds, lack of proper damage, rubber-band AI, a complete lack of any sort of drag-strip track or long track for speed (why on God's green earth would they remove the Test Course?!) and an overall obsession with including 300 Skylines while ignoring everything else under the sun.

No thanks, Polyphony. It was a good run while it lasted. Loved GT, GT2 and GT3, but next gen has passed you by, and you clearly don't understand that next gen means more than making a pretty looking Skyline. How about an American Muscle that doesn't sound like one of your 4-bangers? Muscle cars sound like jokes in GT, and only in GT: every other racing game company gets it right.

Fuck, even EA got it right with Need for Speed. That's how silly Poly looks sometimes.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Currently watching it myself, not sure if anything of interest is actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    If they don't announce it for the PS4 by E3 I'm going to lol so hard.
    It'll be announced for PS4 after the PS3 release gets delayed by a year and a half GT5-style.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I think the reason for no PS4 is because of the Drive Club launch title and Sony not wanting to have the games compete with each other.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    aha

hee

hoo

haha
    No, November 2015 is correct.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think its more that they laser scanned a bunch of tracks and went hmmm 30 new tracks at $5 a pop? hmmmm player numbers are down a lot... we probably won't get that many buyers.
    I know, lets clean up the godawful GUI, improve the online a bit and repackage it as GT6!

Not a bad idea actually. GT5 was kind of a carcrash of a GT game given what was possible with online and the interface was fucking atrocious.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As a huge fan of GT series, I really would rather just wait another couple of years and get GT6 on PS4

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I think the reason for no PS4 is because of the Drive Club launch title and Sony not wanting to have the games compete with each other.
    it's a shame drive club looks like garbage for me with it's first person view :/
    i just wish they'd take some ideas from forza, cause GT hasn't evolved much in years.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Forza blows GT out of the water in regards to the things that I want out of a racing game: Sound, AI, Feel. Forza was the only Xbox title that seriously made me consider picking up the console, but Grid held me at bay, and hopefully Grid 2 will do the same.

Ridill
    BG Level

completely agree with the 2 mod posts, I'll get whichever is the first GT to come out on ps4, but with how little they change it's hard to care much about one console's multiple iterations

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Concept Footage

Download 60 FPS version

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Press Release
    Spoiler: show
    Sony Computer Entertainment today announced Gran Turismo 6, the latest version of PlayStation’s best-selling franchise, will be released in Holiday Season 2013. The news was revealed today by legendary Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi at an event held to celebrate 15 years of the 70-million-selling series.

GT6 for PlayStation 3 will bring new levels of authenticity to ‘the Real Driving Simulator’ as well as introducing stunning new tracks and cars and a revised user interface. A new compact game engine will improve operation and increase the flexibility to expand it with downloadable content. Meanwhile, the game is also set for expanded connectivity with other devices such as smart phones and tablets and increased social and community functions.

All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo 5, which has sold over 10m copies since launching in 2010, will be retained in GT6. But notable new additions to the already impressive line-up of historic cars, road cars and the latest race cars, brings the total car list to 1200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added online. Several thousand aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars, and players can personalize their own custom cars in game to the greatest ever level possible.

The UK’s famous Silverstone Circuit will be just one of seven new locations in GT 6, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them brand new. There will also be regular additions of new tracks set to be made available online. The improved course maker function will provide gorgeous scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers including the magnificent backdrop of Andalucía.

The theme of Gran Turismo’s innovative collaborations with partner companies will increase with the inception of GT6. A number of exciting new projects that blur the line between the virtual and real will be announced in the run up to the game’s launch. Not least of these is GT Academy, a collaboration with Nissan to unearth real racing driver talent that first ran in 2008. It was announced during the event that the competition returns for its biggest ever year in 2013, with the entry mechanic set to take place on an exclusive GT6 demo in July.

Other notable partnerships in the development of GT6 have been with tyre manufacturer Yokohama Rubber and suspension company KW Automotive. Both companies are active in the commercial car industry and in racing, and they have acted as technical development partners for the game’s new physics engine, for its tyre and suspension kinematic modeling, creating an even more realistic experience for GT fans.

“It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo,” explained Kazunori Yamauchi, during the announcement at Silverstone Circuit. “Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream. We’re pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform. However, we have refactored the game to make it very flexible and expandable, with a view to making many future developments. I am very pleased with everything about the new game and the new additions, but the launch will be only the beginning for GT6. The game will continue to develop throughout its life. I already have many ideas for things I want to achieve in the next 15 years of Gran Turismo!”

Further news about GT 6 will be revealed at the forthcoming E3 and Gamescom events and on gran-turismo.com

Overview

Gran Turismo 6 is the latest version of PlayStation’s best-selling franchise, and will bring new levels of authenticity to ‘the Real Driving Simulator’ as well as introducing stunning new tracks and cars and a revised user interface. The Gran Turismo franchise celebrates its 15th Anniversary in 2013, having recently exceeded 70 million global sales.

Key Features

• Take to the track with 1,200 cars, from historic classics to the latest engine revving racers from manufacturers such as Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti.

• Speed around 33 locations with an incredible variety of courses, including 7 brand new tracks like the prestigious Silverstone Circuit.

• Enjoy the limitless potential of the new course maker feature which will generate new tracks pulling from several kilometres worth of gorgeous scenery

• Race your rivals around the world in your own communities and online events – and then enjoy these social features on the move with the Gran Turismo 6 mobile and web app for your smart phone, tablet and PC.

<<link and article removed due to copyright problems>>

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Polyphony Digital quietly announced a number of new features and car for Gran Turismo 6 under cover of Sony’s E3 press conference.

To kick things off, here’s the rundown on some new cars, all FIA GT3 machines, whatever that means:

• Nissan DeltaWing Race Car ’12
      With an extremely narrow front end and a wide rear end, this car’s revolutionary triangular styling has sent shockwaves through the racing car design world. After appearing for the first time in the 2012 LeMans 24 hour race, the car also participated in the Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta of the U.S., where GT Academy Winner Lucas Ordóñez and his fellow drivers achieved 5th place overall, proving the potential of this concept beyond doubt.
    • Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) ’14
      Gran Turismo has followed the development process of this car from the introduction of the camouflaged Test Prototype, to the pre-production Final Prototype. And at E3 2013, the production model will finally make its appearance. Drive and enjoy the new Stingray that will soon be delivered to eagerly awaiting Corvette fans around the world.
    • BMW Z4 GT3 ’11
      BMW introduced this car in the FIA GT3 category after the great success of the M3 in races all over the world. Based on the production Z4, the car has been made lighter, the centre of gravity has been lowered, the tread width widened and the aerodynamics improved. The engine is a 4 litre V8 that carries the DNA of the legendary M3. Its long nosed, short deck proportions and aggressive facia give this car the visage of a true fighting machine.
    • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 ’11
      The SLS AMG GT3 achieved its first victory in the Nürburgring 24 hour race in 2013. While keeping the dedicated SLS AMG aluminium space frame and 6.3 litre V8, modifications have been made to make it a racing machine meeting FIA GT3 regulations. Its unique pulsating exhaust sound gives another special flavour to the car which inherits the gull wing doors of the legendary 300SL.
    • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport ’13
      This is the racing machine that Kazunori Yamauchi, producer of the Gran Turismo series, drove in the 2013 Nürburgring 24 hour race. Though based on the production car, the tread width is greatly expanded, with its drive train changed from four wheel drive to rear wheel drive, shedding a lot of weight in the process. It was the first Japanese car in Nürburgring history to lead for a sustained period during qualifying, showing its extremely high potential as a racing car.
    • Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) #3 ’12
      This is a GT3 machine born from the R8, Audi’s flagship sports car. Their famous Quattro system has been shelved for this model to adopt a midship rear wheel drive drivetrain. The performance of the ultra version has been greatly enhanced by a number of improvements, including changing the door panels to carbon and upgrading the exhaust and aerodynamics. Car #3 is the car of Team Phoenix, and is the champion machine of the 2012 Nürburgring 24 hour race.

In addition to the cars detailed above, Polyphony announced new tracks:

• Gemasolar
      Gemasolar is a massive concentrated solar power plant located in Seville, Spain. A total of 2650 reflector mirrors that are each 9 metres tall and 12 metres wide are arranged in a circular layout, and the facility generates enough electricity to power 25000 homes. This expansive facility covers an amazing 185 hectares (approximately 457 acres) of land, making it a particularly scenic spot in Gran Turismo. This is a truly unique location where the utilization of limitless natural energy is visualized on a colossal scale.
    • Willow Springs International Raceway
      This famous circuit in California is now reaching its 60th anniversary, and is finally making an appearance in Gran Turismo. The Willow Springs International Raceway is a circuit that is located in a hilly region just outside of Los Angeles. Of its many layouts, the circuit we are introducing this time is the main course, the “Big Willow”. At 2.5 miles per lap, it is known for its high speed corners and undulating terrain.
    • Matterhorn
      This is an original track that has been created in the vicinity of the Gornergrat station, which is known for its incredible view of the Matterhorn. This is a mountain course with steep climbs and sharp drops, located at an elevation of over 3000 metres. A sheer rock face follows along the track, but the width of the course is wide enough for overtaking. The sight of the European Alps as you cross over the hill here is simply spectacular. We hope everyone will enjoy the sheer scale of the nature around the track when driving this course.

Finally, the developer proudly introduced new simulation and graphiocs features enabled by Gran Turismo 6′s ripping engine, as featured in the new trailer:

• New car physics simulation
      The physics model which dictates car dynamics has been renewed completely. Load changes of the car, changes in vehicle attitude, relationship of the surface and the tyres are even more real now, and players familiar to the game will immediately feel the new depth in drive feel the first time they turn the steering wheel.
    • Tyre Modelling
      With the help of our technical partner, the Yokohama Rubber Corporation, a new tyre model has been introduced that reflects the tyre compound, tyre structure, and changes in characteristics under extreme load conditions.
    • Suspension Modelling
      In collaboration with German suspension manufacturer KW Automotive: the precision and reality of the model representing shock absorbers which governs the drive feel of cars, has improved significantly.
    • Aerodynamics
      The down force, lift and air resistance – which continually changes according to the shape of the car – changes in vehicle attitude and its relationship with the ground surface, have all been recreated to a level of precision never seen before. Keen players will probably start to feel the airflow around the car as they drive.
    • Adaptive Tessellation
      Adaptive tessellation is next generation technology in terms of 3D model rendering. Tessellation involves dividing a polygon into multiple geometric tiles, and in adaptive tessellation, the polygons will automatically divide and become finer according to the viewing distance and position. This makes it possible to maintain the quality of the renders very high whether you are close or far from your viewing object.
    • HDR Rendering Engine
      In order to more accurately express the wide dynamic range of real life scenery, the HDR dynamic range in Gran Turismo 6 has been made 50 times greater than that in GT5. This prevents over flaring of highlights and black outs in shadows caused by extreme differences in brightness. It also allows natural blurring effects, better motion blurring which increases dynamic motion effects, and makes the sparkle of lighting more realistic, immersing the player in a truly absorbing atmosphere.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/11/gran...res-announced/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Demo Next Week
    Next Tuesday, 2nd July, at 9.00am BST you will be able to get your hands on the demo for Gran Turismo 6. It promises to be a tantalising glimpse at what we will see when the game takes to the starting grid later this year. The even better news is that the demo is free and doesn’t require ownership of any Gran Turismo product.

The demo is structured as a GT Academy-style driver training concept where you progressively learn the skills required to push very expensive track monsters at full speed round impossible apexes. The course where the action takes place is Silverstone, the spiritual home of GT Academy.

In GT Academy regions, once you’ve cleared the earlier rounds you will then have your shot to post your time to the leaderboard and see if you have got what it takes to progress to the next stage.

Regardless of whether you are in one of the GT Academy eligible countries or not, once you have proved your skills and made the grade through the initial rounds you will unlock special bonus content.

The demo will remain live until 31st August 2013, but if you’re in the GT Academy hunt you have until 11.59pm BST on 28th July 2013 to take a step towards a chance of a real life racing career.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...hes-next-week/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast