Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Claiming King Arthro     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Claiming King Arthro

Hey all,

I'm just curious if any of you had much experience with claiming King Arthro? I've been camping for the past few days for the belt to equip on my nin and noticed a couple things.

1. Not many NA players camp him.
    2. He always seems to pop late in the window.
    3. He has poped on the riverbed in the left corner every time (2times) Is this always or does he pop up on land?
    4. Japanese always win claim and I only see it unclaimed for a second when it pops. Am I wasting my time camping vs the speedy Japanese players?
    5. My next strat is to go in the left corner and spam /targetnpc voke macro.
    6. Drop rate on belt sucks.

I'm really interested in your thoughts and stories you all have had with this crazy crab and any suggestions you guys/gals have on claiming this little guy.

Many thanks in advanced!

Bot it or give up.

...Not the response I thought I would get from this forum...

Anyone else have useful info / stories?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I doubt you're gonna get any help on this.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I accidently zoned into his area when he was going to pop, some JPs were there, I was exploring. I got tells asking to leave or they would call GM for harrasment because I waved to them and looked at thier super shiny gear (it was the new sam JSE back when it was introduced).

I know its not what you want to hear, but basically, they insist on getting this pop and aggressivly push to grab it first.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by KuikSilvr

Logout there before a maintenance and hope you get in before everyone else. Otherwise you're pretty much fucked. King Artho is a JP toy on just about every server (even Midgard) and they don't like to share all that much.

Or you could always bot the hell out of it. 8) (even then you probably still don't have a chance)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Bot it or give up.

Quote Originally Posted by KuikSilvr

I don't play anymore. So I don't care what I say and who thinks what of it.

For real, some of the shit in this game now a days, you're gonna have to bot it or just give up. When another LS has the balls to MPK an LS that claims Nidhogg, even though they both bot, who gives a fuck what goes on. Everyone bots. Game over.

They say they don't? Stop believing lies. The only way to win NM spawns in this game now is to bot--because someone else that you're going to be camping against probably does.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

BOT IT.

Dont feel bad botting KA, he's botted by all JP, they dont have a speedy connection, they have a speedy bot.

I pulled it once with Stun.

Then again, we were the only people there besides this stupid NA DRG.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

dont fucking bot
    sometimes it does 'pop claimed' but doesnt give you the right to cheat
    I have camped KA mmm 20 or 30 times agianst ~30-50JP + 0-10NA depending on time of day ect
    I(Ed claimed one) have claimed KA 3 times, i dont see whats so bad about the odds, just because you camp something agianst 50 people and 2 of them are faster than you, you fucking turn to botting

KA is nice to camp, 3 hours of time to do other stuff then a 15second rush and its over because you dont claim him over 50 other people..

Quote Originally Posted by Bikwin
    dont fucking bot
    sometimes it does 'pop claimed' but doesnt give you the right to cheat
    Oh, sorry.

You must not know that just about everyone that camps this shit lately bots.

Ask Raiko, he'll tell you.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

There are always those miracle pulls. Happened to us when we got KA without botting. Then again, it involves setting your resolution and textures to its bare minimum to the point that people look like big moving rectangles. Even then, you have to compete with JP latency but at least you have a shot at it. We certainly did.

Botting makes your chances higher, but it still doesn't guarantee the claim...I guess.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I remember one time Geno came on vent and was like "omgz hi guyz" and then Judah was like "GTFO FAGGOT" and then Geno was like "..i has nothing to say to you" and then judah was like "GTFO FAGGOT" then Geno was like "Genosync has left the channel".

Sea Torques
    BG Level

stop trying to justify cheating with 'everyone else is doing it'

its really hard to claim and the belt drop rate is kinda low. The few times Ive camped it, its always popped at the three hour mark if that means anything. You are much better off camping other NM and just buying the belt if you want it.

On Valefor there has been maybe 15 people camping him the past two nights. Usually they come camp it late so I just wish he would pop early and I think I would have a great chance at getting him.

Logout there before a maintenance and hope you get in before everyone else
    Thought about that and if I don't get the belt by the time next reset is then I'll be doing that with a friend.

I really don't want to resort to botting either. I never have and hopefully never will. I wouldn't know how to get a bot in the first place so no worries there.

Thanks Bikwin for the story and I wasn't bashing you Genosync, but I do appricate your feedback and seeing what its like on other servers.
    I keeping my fingers crossed and hope that I get lucky. I doubt I'll keep at it if I notice that its a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok
    I remember one time Geno came on vent and was like "omgz hi guyz" and then Judah was like "GTFO FAGGOT" and then Geno was like "..i has nothing to say to you" and then judah was like "GTFO FAGGOT" then Geno was like "Genosync has left the channel".
    And like, omg, I remember the one time that I decided to go camp a lame NM called Old Two Wings and Judah decided that I was dead to the world. LOLZ

Which was the only reason why he started saying that.

Anyway, on Remora, there's a botting problem.

Everyone uses one.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    I accidently zoned into his area when he was going to pop, some JPs were there, I was exploring. I got tells asking to leave or they would call GM for harrasment because I waved to them and looked at thier super shiny gear (it was the new sam JSE back when it was introduced).

I know its not what you want to hear, but basically, they insist on getting this pop and aggressivly push to grab it first.
    That sounds like something members of HNMBusters would do....typical trash from over there.