Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

CRISIS CORE™ -FINAL FANTASY VII- REUNION (PC/PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/NSW) - HD Remaster - 2022

His legacy, gave life to FINAL FANTASY VII──

Since its original release in 2007, CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– has received wide acclaim for its deep and emotional story.

This new version enhances the graphics to HD and updates all of the 3D models in the game. Full voiceovers and new music arrangements present this epic tale of strife and heroism, presenting FINAL FANTASY VII in a brand-new light. Enjoy a more beautiful and accessible CRISIS CORE, going way beyond just a simple HD remaster.
    The broadcast also marked the announcement of CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- REUNION, a remaster of PlayStation®Portable exclusive, CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII-. The 2007 cult classic action RPG and prequel to FINAL FANTASY VII. CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII-REUNION is a true remaster that follows the original story of SOLDIER 1st Class Zack Fair on his mission to find missing SOLDIER Genesis Rhapsodos, unraveling the stories of Cloud, Sephiroth, Aeith, Tifa and more. CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- REUNION will launch this Winter on PlayStation 5, PlayStation®4 (PS4™), Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, PC & Nintendo Switch™.
    https://ffvii.square-enix-games.com/en-us/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

They can’t give KH to switch without cloud version but gets this ?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Very good news, I was casually looking for a copy for the lore and good news came just in time.

From the trailer it seems they’ve made significant technical improvements, almost at a remake level. It is as if they were originally thinking of a remake then decided to remaster.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think they wanted a fresh take on it because Zack (and perhaps Angeal?) is clearly going to be a big focus on the remake trilogy going forward and compared to the main game, only a fraction of the audience played Crisis Core (being a PSP title) so this is their chance to introduce the story to a broader audience.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Genesis as well, since he was supposed to still be around even as far as being in the ending scenes for Dirge of Cerberus.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Genesis does what nintendont

Spoiler: show
    Genesis does get taken away at the end of CC in the end. I wonder if that'll be retconned or more explanation to that with this remaster.

I'm gonna fucking laugh hard if this plays exactly like the original story wise until the very end. It cuts to mid/end credits and the events of remake...REMAKES this ending to the one at the end of that game. It does the whole glitching out thing to have zack survive with the new looking hilt on the sword.

I'm gonna hate myself if I'm right. Tempting to buy this on switch instead.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Easier to port a new project based on a handheld's limitations than one that was a hodge-podged spaghetti port mess of multiple games to various stronger platforms I figure.

Guess I'm more surprised this isn't just content that wasn't folded into the FF7 Remake. All I ask is an option to skip story sections, and maybe tweak the roulette some so you see more than two summons in the entire game, even though they were glorified FMVs on the PSP.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...93132535058432

Oh, I always thought he was like the cockblock to getting Crisis Core rereleased as he wouldn't allow it or something, akin to the Michael Jackson Sonic 3 dilemma.

However, are the voice actors the same? In the english one it feels like it's changed to me, I can't tell at the moment clearly but it does not sound like the same to me; it sounds weird/off right now but I am half wondering if it's Zack's current VA trying to sound a bit younger. Even the script has changed slightly, or rearranged (Angeal says "use some discretion" in PSP, and in the trailer he says "Within reason" in response to Zack asking if he can cut loose). I also think it makes no sense to use the old voices when the new ones has been casted for the Remake series and it's clearly intended for people who never played the original and wondering who the hell Zack is as the ending would make no sense to some portion of the playerbase.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...93132535058432

Oh, I always thought he was like the cockblock to getting Crisis Core rereleased as he wouldn't allow it or something, akin to the Michael Jackson Sonic 3 dilemma.

However, are the voice actors the same? In the english one it feels like it's changed to me, I can't tell at the moment clearly but it does not sound like the same to me; it sounds weird/off right now but I am half wondering if it's Zack's current VA trying to sound a bit younger. Even the script has changed slightly, or rearranged (Angeal says "use some discretion" in PSP, and in the trailer he says "Within reason" in response to Zack asking if he can cut loose). I also think it makes no sense to use the old voices when the new ones has been casted for the Remake series and it's clearly intended for people who never played the original and wondering who the hell Zack is as the ending would make no sense to some portion of the playerbase.
    English is changed. JP should be untouched except for a few characters probably (Reno).

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah sorry, I was only speaking about the English cast! I remember the mini uproar surrounding that because JP stuck with it, whereas the EN got shafted away. And indeed Reno is understandably going to be changed but maybe because I'm not native JP, like in DBZ the replacement for Bulma was hardly noticeable, they manage to get so close to it that it's indistinguisable. A native person might notice otherwise.

The only other example on the English side I can currently think of that can near replicate the original is Freeza in DB-Kai/DB-Super, but it was specifically stated that VA worked as an understudy so he would've had plenty of training/practice for it. But yeah, just nerding out a little bit over this, I'm curious.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I mean, its a remaster of a PSP game. Switch can handle it

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I mean, its a remaster of a PSP game. Switch can handle it
    Undocked, yes. Docked, see: CC Remaster.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think thats more a SE problem than a Switch problem lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

If it can handle Doom Eternal w/ solid 30 fps (albeit w/ lower gfx quality)…yeah, good quality Crisis Core is very possible if optimized well.

I mean, Doom Eternal, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Witcher 3 all I’d assume would be more demanding than CC.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looking at everything they have done for this game it seems like a remake more than a remaster. I'm pretty excited to go back to this 15 or something years later. The music for me was one of the highlights.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Looking at everything they have done for this game it seems like a remake more than a remaster. I'm pretty excited to go back to this 15 or something years later. The music for me was one of the highlights.
    Yeah I feel like this is more like Nier Replicant's release now. Someone on reddit condensed some interviews into one post:

Fully voiced & newly arranged OST
    New gameplay changes (linkeable attacks, always accessible Limit Breaks)
    Running on UE4, with PC aiming for 120 FPS and PS5 & XSX/S going for 60 FPS
    Crisis core will be 'Very" Faithful to the original.l
    No plans to remake Dirge Of Cerberus & Before Crisis as of right now
    Nomura still considers VII games to be connected
    The team wasn't sure whether the Remake project would be 2 or 3 games
    Crisis Core Reunion producer Mariko Sato assures that the text about Sephiroth's hair care routine is still in the remaster.
    All 3D character models, as well as UI and background graphics have been completely remade for this new edition of the game.
    The user interface (UI) has also been optimized for the latest hardware generations and various skip features have been added for an even more enjoyable and convenient gameplay experience.
    Many background music tracks have been given new arrangements by the original composer Takeharu Ishimoto.
    What’s more, full voice-over has been added to scenes that were previously text-only, so you can now enjoy the entire story fully voiced.

Sources: IGN, Famitsu, EuroGamer, Gematsu

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

December 13th

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The launch date for Crisis CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– Reunion was confirmed in today’s Nintendo Direct presentation. Crisis Core –Final Fantasy VII– Reunion, which features a complete HD graphics overhaul, newly arranged soundtrack, and an updated combat system, begins seven years before the events of FINAL FANTASY VII and follows Zack Fair, a young Shinra SOLDIER operative. As his adventure unfolds, he discovers the dark secrets of Shinra’s experiments and the monsters they create. Crisis CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– Reunion launches on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®5 (PS5™) console, PlayStation®4 (PS4™) console, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, and PC via Steam on December 13, 2022.

Platforms: Nintendo Switch™, PS4™, PS5™, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PC via Steam
    Developer: SQUARE ENIX
    ESRB: T
    Available: December 13, 2022