+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good Job SE     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Good Job SE

Fix your f'n claim system already.

http://www.smartdrv.com/images/goodjobse.jpg

I'd like to know how I can shield bash a mob, do damage to it, have someone in my LS Provoke it, 2hr, have the mob hit me and still not have claim.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Re: Good Job SE

Quote Originally Posted by Smartdrv
    Fix your f'n claim system already.

http://www.smartdrv.com/images/goodjobse.jpg

I'd like to know how I can shield bash a mob, do damage to it, have someone in my LS Provoke it, 2hr, have the mob hit me and still not have claim.
    good job hosting your image

meh ninja edited

Invincible cant claim. You didnt have the most hate when you used your claiming move.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

lol@the darters raping people

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Misread the OP so editing my post... your invincible doesn't mean anything because it's not a claim. I'm wondering which of those moves actually claimed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    lol@the darters raping people
    Thats what they get for spamming voke instead of using good ol MrArgus. GG karma

Rocl, why is this game so unjust?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: Good Job SE

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx

good job hosting your image

meh ninja edited
    You must be bored to comment on things like that, guess it either didn't like lack of http:// infront (most forums smart enough) or img's in posts are disabled despite the buttons in the interface.

Anyhow...

You have to admit there is something MAJORLY wrong when I can do damage to a mob (meaning it obviously wasn't claimed...in this case Shield bash) and a moment later have someone in my LS Provoke (something you shouldn't be able to do on a claimed mob) and still not get claim.

Just a fafnir so i really don't care but just messed up.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Well little boy,
    Darters are god's way of cleansing the impure.
    Some say they may even be directly related to drops (If you kill x amounts of Darters during a nidhogg or fafnir, the drop rate of item increases by 0.x%)!
    However, the main purpose of Darters is for utter raping and making those who never got a buffer for 75 look like fools infront of 200+ people who have made deals with good ol' Senor Argusto (RL name of guy who made MrArgus).

btw Karma is a sinful teaching, go cleanse yourself by provoking a Darter in the pit.
    This monk is currently cleansing himself, so this is what you can expect in this long, and sometimes painful process:
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y25...SEYOURSELF.jpg

BTW- I need a raise in Dragon's Aery on Bahamut >_>;

New Merits
    BG Level

you should read the SE claim update notes before coming here and bitching about how your shield bash didn't generate enough hate to get claim.

And to cleanse my soul I shall unleash my lvl 2 DRG upon the aery of the endangered dragon. And yea, it shall summon a flying rodent to plunge itself into the pit of the fly, upon which it shall return with the purifying darters. And I shalt recieve the sphere of justice right upon mine ass. Hopefully my holy enema will grant me council with Senor Argusto and all shall be well. Thank you for showing me the light rocl, guardian of truth.

btw LOL at naming that alt Darter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Thanks for making this thread worth the kilobytes it's taking on the server.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

In the Name of Yin, I must confess- Darter was Senior Commander Shiznicle's idea I just beat him to making the character :D

Was this upon Fafnir pop or later on? If so I dont understand how you didnt end up with claim, as the initial Shield Bash should have claimed it, otherwise yeah, Provoke > Shield Bash, and your Invincible was AFTER Cym's Provoke, which gave him claim.

Some1 said that the shield bash wasnt enough to get hate off the others, yet it started attacking smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie
    Some1 said that the shield bash wasnt enough to get hate off the others, yet it started attacking smart.
    If you've noticed, if something aggros someone and they have hate, casting one thing on the mob can get hate, but not necessarily claim. Its strange, seems you have to cast something to get hate, then something else to get claim back, in this instance, Cym's Provoke. If Smart had voked right after that Shield Bash instead of Invincible'd, he would had gotten claim. An ability like Invincible will give you hate, but will NEVER give you claim. You need to act on a mob in order to do that.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Was this upon Fafnir pop or later on? If so I dont understand how you didnt end up with claim, as the initial Shield Bash should have claimed it, otherwise yeah, Provoke > Shield Bash, and your Invincible was AFTER Cym's Provoke, which gave him claim.
    Because, the new Claim bug is bugged. The monster will be claimed by the single largest source of hate at the time. Aggro is also hate with the new claim system. You will notice this if you have ever tried to help an xp party who gets a link or aggro. The monster will now remain yellow even if you voke, dia, shield bash, cast FireII. The anti Claim MPK idea was a good one, however it fails on so many levels. Many times I have been farming as smn, Carby hits something for a decent amount of damage and someone still claims the mob out from under Carby's nose. All in all both of the recent antiMPK changes have been complete failures. if someone can still cure someone and gain hate only to trigger a flail, they have fixed nothing and might as well change it back.

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar
    if someone can still cure someone and gain hate only to trigger a flail, they have fixed nothing and might as well change it back.
    /blockaid on

Sabredazer

Yeah, this was after some random JPls claimed and was in the process of whiping, they claimed darters which is why you see them maiming people in the screenshot. 2 LS were competing for claim after that, Smartdrv and Cymry were in fact in the same alliance. We also landed a stun and a dia on it, but it didnt go yellow for long enough for those of us who were casting attacking spells like stone (which i was spamming) to go off and due to lag, I couldnt really see what the melees who were close to it did. Smartdrvs shield bash was however the first thing I saw on my log before anyone from the other ls did anything.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello, first-time poster, long time lurker on the forums.

There seems to be some confusion regarding the situation, so let me clarify.

First of all, Smartdrv and I are in the same LS. Smartdrv has his filters set such that he sees the actions of his party and alliance, but not of anyone outside the alliance. So, all those claiming actions on the screenshot are from our main alliance.

Secondly, the situation is not where Fafnir pops and everyone is trying to claim it. A JP LS had the initial claim - however, they started to wipe. A decision was made to start attempting to claim Faf when they were down to their last few members (/random happens sometimes on Lakshmi, but depends on the LS present).

So, Fafnir goes unclaimed and all the spells/JA from people go off. Now, I understand what people are saying - Provoke > Shield Bash for hate. However, I ultimately did not end up with claim. So, we were a bit confused on how this all works (yes, despite reading the update notes).

So, Fafnir goes unclaimed and presumably a "claiming window" opens. How long is this window? Is it long enough to do multiple JA/spells and have them "count"? Also, how would Smartdrv have been the first person to be aggro'd by Fafnir if his Shield Bash didn't secure claim? There were at least 60 people around Fafnir attempting to claim, none of which had any initial hate on Fafnir. Could it just have been he was the 1st one to be aggro'd?

My filters prevented me from seeing the actions of the other LS, but I'm a bit puzzled as to why I wasn't able to claim. To clarify, I was /war sub while wearing -6 emenity (was Day 1 Faf, so I just wanted to help claim it). Could it just simply be that someone in the other LS Provoked w/ more Emenity? Otherwise I don't see what claiming ability would have more initial hate than a Provoke.

As an aside, Smart was on PLD/NIN, so he couldn't have 'voked after Shield Bash. I supposed he could have used Flash, however.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Because, the new Claim bug is bugged. The monster will be claimed by the single largest source of hate at the time. Aggro is also hate with the new claim system. You will notice this if you have ever tried to help an xp party who gets a link or aggro. The monster will now remain yellow even if you voke, dia, shield bash, cast FireII. The anti Claim MPK idea was a good one, however it fails on so many levels. Many times I have been farming as smn, Carby hits something for a decent amount of damage and someone still claims the mob out from under Carby's nose. All in all both of the recent antiMPK changes have been complete failures. if someone can still cure someone and gain hate only to trigger a flail, they have fixed nothing and might as well change it back.
    That is so far off-base, its not even funny. In fact, I dont think its possible for you to be more wrong. The amount of hate you have has absolutely nothing to do with the initial claim, and your examples of farming/assisting a linked party is a completely different situation entirely.

Sorry, there is nothing I hate more then people who prance around talking like they know everything, and spreading false information like its fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymry
    Secondly, the situation is not where Fafnir pops and everyone is trying to claim it. A JP LS had the initial claim - however, they started to wipe. A decision was made to start attempting to claim Faf when they were down to their last few members (/random happens sometimes on Lakshmi, but depends on the LS present).
    And that explains why he didnt get the claim on the mob. He got on the hatelist with shield bash, then the alliance/someone else took enough hate to claim the mob. He used invincible too late, but since he was now on the hate list, Fafnir turned to him. Good day.