+ Reply to Thread
    Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Esper Accessibility Question

I'm fooling around with a new game at the moment, and I was just wondering if Andrammalech or any other espers are accessible before you fight Belias.

Also, FF12 has all the mechanics to make replayability a lot more fun than most RPGs. No random encounters (i.e. no spammage of 3-5 second transition graphics), ability to skip all cutscenes, and the fact that pausing the game stops the game clock are all really nice features for a replay.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I don't think so.

But thanks for reminding me to try a speedrun sometime.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I don't think there are any espers before Belias, but you might be able to get Cu'chelan or whatever it's called, the fat guy who's in the Garamsmythe Waterway if the correct hunts are open/completed to get the key. Not sure, though.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

i really dont think you can maybe that one that pops all the undead in that one place lol. like the caves pops center of the map im sure yah'll know what im talkin about

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I think you're talking about Andrammalech. I realized that the path from the Dalmasca Westersand entrance is blocked off, so it probably can't be opened until after KRT though I'll be checking once I can enter from Sandsea.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

u can get there pretty early just the mobs when u zone in really kick ur ass

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Depends where you zone in, too. Theres parts with ~40 mobs and parts with ~15 Iirc.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Alright well the passages further into the cave from Westersand and at least one from Ogir-Yensa Sandsea are blocked off before KRT is accessed. I'm guessing that the sand pits that block off access to the parts with the lv~40 stuff don't stop until the Belias fight, which makes sense in order to prevent access to Andrammalech early.

The required hunts for Cuchulainn don't become available until after Belias either I believe. Orthros hasn't become available yet and I'm close to KRT.

I won't be getting to play too much more for a while, but first accessibility to Zodiac Spear becomes available immediately after KRT right? (Well, after you get off the Leviathan again.) I've been trying to figure out a solid way to beat Cuchulainn as soon as he becomes available without resorting to easy methods like Spare Change, and since speed is a major factor with the HP Sap field I imagine zodiac spear would be near required to do any kind of acceptable damage amount if I went with a physical damage strategy.

Also, Imdugud = $$$ for getting good armor early on in the game. It's ridiculous how powerful Gladius+Shield Armor combination is and is really nice for replay/speed runs. Main party is around LV20 at Ogir-Yensa Sandsea, and I was interested in finding out how they'd do against Ring Wyrm without using Quickenings once it opens up.