Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To SE team with your stupid terrain rule

Yea, I'm making this thread to SE!
    I remember that somewhere mentioned SE team is reading this forum in helping to review their FFXI game.

So... Here we go, SE!

Dear SE,

With regarding to your Terrain Abuse Regulation, which has recently applied into games. I personally find that this will not resolve the issue that mainly IronClad fight.

We do understand that abusing Terrain height for not getting hit/ killed is not what SE programmer have intended.

Terrain tactics have been widely used in this games to enable us to fight thru most extremely hard monsters, such as Dynamis Lord, Limbus Avatar/ Summoners and mission such as ACP final. There are many more fights that we have been using it.

By applying this regulation, it will stop people abusing Terrain Tactic on Ironclad, but on top of this, this regulation bring even more worries to players while they are intending to fight something different.

We thought that you (Square Enix) making this games not only want us (players/ consumers) to enjoy with fun and some tought fight for achieving and feeling successful!

I hope that you will review/ consider to remove this regulation and fix the Ironclad issue. And majority of us will feel a huge relief and enjoy the game more than ever!

-----------

I'm posting this here, hoping people in this forum will raise their hands to agree that SE should remove such regulation off the game and fix the Ironclad issue.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This thread is pretty retarded tbh. Most of the times when GMs act like this is just due to a complete misunderstanding of game mechanics rather than any rule.

This post has some WORDS typed in fucking CAPS LOCK to provide EMPHASIS on what I'm trying to SAY.

and RQT.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You seem like an imbecile, but I'm still curious as to what prompted this little outburst.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

@Abyssea-misa thread.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

When SE banned people for Salvage duping, they were sending a clear message that abusing game mechanics would not be tolerated regardless of how easy or well-known that abuse was. They were also sending a message that silence and a lack of a game mechanics patch is not the same as condoning such abuses. I'd be shocked if they mass-ban over Ironclad, simply because it would be so much harder to write a script to sift through game logs and detect it than it was for Salvage, but I would be unsurprised if they ban people caught abusing it.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So basically this guy is /emo'ing because he thinks they're going to start banning people for standing out of AoE range rather than for what actually got people these warnings?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This isn't related to ironclad, this is related to a monster that can still damage you entirely besides TP moves. Just minor nitpicking.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Which are generally, you know, the ones that are actually likely to kill you. This isn't comparable to having someone tank Ixion on the ground floor of Fort K-N[S] whilst the healers stand on the upper level.

They have apply such rule since last month. And @ Aby Mis post their stupid GMs started it.

We use terrain tactic on dynamis lord , limbus to avoid wipe from avatar 2 hrs , and many others HNM aoe effect or dmg.

Now that their GM started to apply the rule, you do not think that they will come to invade any of your LS event?!

I would rather start this thread to hope people to notice SE rather than another thread - omfg, I got banned... :/

p.s. I'm not emo'ing but to emphasize the point to SE to fix their mistake rather than banning us from using terrain tactic overall the whole game.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

My point is that they have clearly oked pinning which is far more abusive than making a monster unable to use tp attacks on you.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    They have apply such rule since last month. And @ Aby Mis post their stupid GMs started it.

We use terrain tactic on dynamis lord , limbus to avoid wipe from avatar 2 hrs , and many others HNM aoe effect or dmg.

Now that their GM started to apply the rule, you do not think that they will come to invade any of your LS event?!

I would rather start this thread to hope people to notice SE rather than another thread - omfg, I got banned... :/
    You're retarded beyond what I believed to be humanly possible. They're not going to start banning people for standing out of range of AoEs just because GMs warned people to stop making it so certain attacks can't hit anyone at all, even when they're standing right beside the mob.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My point is that they have clearly oked pinning which is far more abusive than making a monster unable to use tp attacks on you.
    Actually I'd argue that the latter is much more of an exploit, considering it turns a potentially dangerous mob into something a bot could straight-tank, whilst pinning requires some degree of concentration and good timing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The NM quite harmless even without the terrain, can be kited endlessly and only taking minor damage from spells due to how it paths. I see your point though, I'm just mildly annoyed by the whole situation.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't disagree that it's pretty dumb to threaten "severe action" against people for doing it; the only reason I even got into this discussion was because of the OP's idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    You're retarded beyond what I believed to be humanly possible. They're not going to start banning people for standing out of range of AoEs just because GMs warned people to stop making it so certain attacks can't hit anyone at all, even when they're standing right beside the mob.
    Dude, I believed you need a tank to hold/pin Amthuluk down at the cliff and the tank is getting hit by everything from the mob's moves.

They get warning for using such strat and facing being banned if they do it again.

Now that you tell me they won't ban people using such strat!? If so why giving people warning?!

Call me retard, but what I see and what I read from SE is stupid.

You can debate for SE!

I do believe people playing this games know what had happened before from SE major banning while majority are not RMT or nasty players.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Stop posting, this would have been ok if you didn't type like a complete moron or make a retarded thread like this.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Dude, I believed you need a tank to hold/pin Amthuluk down at the cliff and the tank is getting hit by everything from the mob's moves.

They get warning for using such strat and facing being banned if they do it again.

Now that you tell me they won't ban people using such strat!? If so why giving people warning?!

Call me retard, but what I see and what I read from SE is stupid.

You can debate for SE!

I do believe people playing this games know what had happened before from SE major banning while majority are not RMT or nasty players.
    No, you fucking mouth-breather. They had everyone on top of the cliff - it was attacking people with melee hits who were on top of the cliff and thus weren't being hit by TP moves. This is completely different to what you're talking about. Don't know why I'm bothering when this'll be locked in a minute.

Wow oh wow...
    I'm not sure who is emo'ing.

Anyway, I'm pointing out the rule to SE that it is not a rule should apply but to fix the mistake.

I do not know why you sound so angry and swearing to me and calling me retard?!

/confused!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

yeah. great way to say "thanks for reading our boards, SE!" Quality. would read again.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast