Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Dynamis - Qufim (revisited!)

Okay, any help or suggestions or strategies on this damn thing? We've gotten to the boss twice now and wiped each time around 50% or so. We kill the Suttung and Kraken NM no problem, kill the ice elemental (killed water first time). We usually have 2-3 CS stunners on the boss, but he still manages to blast us with 900 point AoEs.

Any suggestions?

PS. I used the search function but all it yielded was maps and an 18 page discussion involving random pictures of penis's with warts and arguements.

HALP! HOW DO I SHOT ARROW?

We also make it to the boss with about 20-30min left. So the run goes smoothly up till that point.

Re: Dynamis - Qufim (revisited!)

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Okay, any help or suggestions or strategies on this damn thing? We've gotten to the boss twice now and wiped each time around 50% or so. We kill the Suttung and Kraken NM no problem, kill the ice elemental (killed water first time). We usually have 2-3 CS stunners on the boss, but he still manages to blast us with 900 point AoEs.

Any suggestions?

PS. I used the search function but all it yielded was maps and an 18 page discussion involving random pictures of penis's with warts and arguements.

Have people spread out / stand away from the AoEs.
    Usually what happens in Manaburn is I come MNK and we bring a PLD. PLD's invincible holds hate for 15-20 seconds, then I take over hate with 100fists and get spam cured. Because I'm far far away from the black mages, I just repeatedly get my face smashed in while the rest of the ally takes him down.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Re: Dynamis - Qufim (revisited!)

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon

Any suggestions?

Have people spread out / stand away from the AoEs.
    Usually what happens in Manaburn is I come MNK and we bring a PLD. PLD's invincible holds hate for 15-20 seconds, then I take over hate with 100fists and get spam cured. Because I'm far far away from the black mages, I just repeatedly get my face smashed in while the rest of the ally takes him down.
    The spreading out thing is very important. If a mage pulls hate and gets hit with a rock it can mean full wipe when everyone crowds together. When people fan out, that same mage only kills himself and maybe one other person. It's a lot easier to zerg down with one or two random mages going down than it is with the whole group dropping in one shot.

Make sure your puller runs THROUGH the camp, not stop at the camp..... puller stopping at the camp may allow him to get a AoE ranged off and kill some peeps before you've even engaged it.

Other then that, hes a pretty easy kill as long as your BLM spread out, Melee sleep TP to 300 NOT 100 and bring an icarus wing. 2 or 3 PLD can have an SW + Invincible order to hold some hate for a bit. Also if you've got 2 BRDs rotate em into DD pts for SV buffs, especially helps alot with RNG dmg.

Other key thing, is make sure your BLM only nuke with the element of the elementals you have killed. Basically we only kill Ice, so no BLM should be using anything other than Ice.... Thunder is a waste of MP because the thunder ele usually won't be killed. As far as resistance, I think BLM should nuke in a fairly decent ele skill build to reduce resisted nukes. If you kill Ice only BLMs can just cast Freeze II Bliv IV Blizzaga III Bliz III and repeat, with Bliz IV. Thunder ele not even worth killing being that it is completely out of the way from everything. Strat is pretty much like DL except don't have your mages cluster.

er edit: since you'll be using ice with +10 ele magic skill from staff, can really just use that and AF1 gloves and should be ok.

Spreading out is good for mages, but keep the person chainspell-stunning in melee range. RDM/DRK pulls hate eventually and it's a matter of whether it stuns the Grand Slam or dies to an unlucky Power Attack, both of which are better alternatives than dying to the ranged attack and MPKing anyone around them.

Edit: Thunder is a waste of MP either way, regardless of whether you kill Thunder/Water Elemental. All Gigas are innately resistant to either ice or thunder, depending on their type, and the Qufim boss is in the latter group.

RDM/DRK can still be out of melee range, just gotta be away from the other mages.

I find usually Anateus dies before chainstun takes hate off SVminuet/feint hundred fists, but yea the key is to keep his target away from your damage sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    RDM/DRK can still be out of melee range, just gotta be away from the other mages.
    I'm not sure the Ranged Attack move can be stunned--if it can be it's difficult--Grand Slam, however, is long enough windup to where it is almost always stunned. That's why the RDM stays in melee range, because when he becomes the target of the boss's TP moves, it switches from those that are harder to stun to those that are easier.

I should clarify, the AoE rock throw move is his regular attack when his target is outside melee range, so the RDM is going to get hit no matter what. I suppose standing outside melee range and away from anyone else may work just as well, but staying in melee range works too because the moves he uses outside of his regular attacks are those that are being stunned anyway.

Ah, may try that next time. We usually don't have too much of a problem with RDM standing out of range, but might be easier with RDM in melee range.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

heres a better idea...
    how about you DONT spread out and instead have everyone run up to it, so if some idiot whos out of range pulls hate, theres no ranged attack to be done and thus theres no 900 dmg aoe.

grand slam should be stopped by chain stun.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    heres a better idea...
    how about you DONT spread out and instead have everyone run up to it, so if some idiot whos out of range pulls hate, theres no ranged attack to be done and thus theres no 900 dmg aoe.

grand slam should be stopped by chain stun.
    Because you can always get unlucky and TP moves get through, plus there's enough room for mages to fan out and try not to pull hate, without MPKing anyone if they do. Although, I personally go BLM/NIN and just stand right next to him so I can do as much damage as I can without having to worry about whether or not I'm going to pull hate and just blink Grand Slam if it gets through, but we probably don't want to go down this road again. 8)

Pull out Antaeus using a sac THF. Run across the middle and make sure to get all the gobs.

WAR vokes out Anty and pulls to corner. PLD takes over.
    Keeps ass in the corner no one else on front arc. Might have to run up to meet. Everyone goes his Invincible.
    Invincible.
    Melee unload, BLM unload, CS Stunners unload.

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Because you can always get unlucky and TP moves get through
    Catapult and Slam are it's only moves you should care about. It won't catapult if everyone is in melee range, and the rare slams it does won't get through stun. Even if a slam DOES get through stun, if someone is killed by it then they're a taru MP-whore-mage with -HP gear who can't be bothered to stoneskin.

Anteaus is only really dangerous when it can do a catapult + slam back to back. Being in melee range, it won't catapult.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ok I just did this real quick.
    http://www.fatesealers.com/images/QufimBoss.JPG

Green dot is where THF puller starts. He flees then aggros Mega and trains the front of the tower straight out across the field.

Blue dot is where NIN or WAR voker starts. He vokes the Mega off the THF and runs it to the corner (NOT THROUGH THE MELEE GROUP).

Red dot is where the PLD starts. He stands in the corner until Mega is in range, then once he gets voke off, he runs along the tower wall until he gets within melee range of the Mega.

"Melee" is where all the melee stand during pull. Once the PLD is within melee range of Mega, they run in and unload. CS stun also starts now.

"Mages" is where all mages stand for the whole time. They should be safe from all AoE here.

Orange circle is where all the fighting happens and the Mega shouldnt move from here or mages will probably die.

EDIT: Yea I forgot to add where CS stunners are. CS stunners start with mages. Once PLD vokes and moves to fighting position, CS stunners go to where PLD started.

That's why I recommended RDM/DRK stun in melee range above. But for other mages, if a TP move gets through it's not their fault, there's nothing they can do about it. There's enough room around where if a mage feels they can control their hate and not get Catapulted, then why not stand out of range?

Edit: Since we're doing pictures now, this is roughly how our Dynamis LS fights it:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3725/antaeus23kt.jpg

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

if grand slam gets off, your chainstunners suck...its got a huge chargeup time, anyone can stun it, so I dont see how someone who's mashing stun over and over cant stop it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Most important thing to realize that I've seen happen about half the time we've fought this, is when pld is getting hate from initial pull, sometimes he will stop and trebuchet and never walk up to pld so you must move up to it, as long as hate is in his melee range he will not trebuchet. with at least 3 pld standing in his melee range in an Invincible order, it should go down with minimal loss. When it starts tearing up the mages or a Grand Slam escapes stun and wipes out pld/melee, it can get very ugly very fast.

This picture wins.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan