Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Summoner's Doublet + Obi     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Summoner's Doublet + Obi

Been trying to find if Summoner's Doublet + "In the name of Science" quest Obis would bring down avatar perpetuation all the time. That doesn't really seem realistic and sounds far too generous of SE, but thought i'd see if anyone else knew for sure before testing it out for myself (considering the time it would take to get the relic body and farm an obi.)

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...rs-Doublet.jpg
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...Rairin-Obi.jpg
    To gain "full benefits" it would have to lower perpetuation wouldn't it? If it doesn't, my yyrobe will more than suffice. Any feedback would be great! :wink:

And before anyone decides to play the alla card.. well thanks, i was just there. And the best answer i got there or anywhere else was "maybe" or they'll go test it out (and forget the thread) I came here because this is where several end game ls' from many servers come, and hopefully someone might know ^^

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It won't do anything, the only thing the obis do is increasing the RATE of days benefit. In case you didn't know, it's not 100%, it's like around 50%. So if you casted Ice spells on Icedays, it might or might not have extra damage, this obi will make sure it will have an extra damage.

The robe already has 100% potency during the specific day, so there's no use of the obi anymore.

oh, and...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Short Answer: As far as I know, nope! Sorry. The obi won't help your perp cost.

Long answer: Obis make certain chance occurrences proc 100% when you wear them. For example, cast Cure 10 times on Lightsday and you'll likely see one of them jump up 10% (or is it 5%? I really don't pay enough attention...) over your usual Cures. Do this with a Korin (Light, duh) Obi, and you'll see the day bonus 100% of the time. I believe this also applies to Enfeeble/Nuke accuracy and damage bonus and Skillchain damage, but I do not own any of these obis on my own character. Other people will be able to reply with their own experiences to correct me if I'm wrong. =X

The perpetuation cost decrease that you observe on the right day with the right weather is already 100% (it's not like you summon Carby and he'll cost different amounts per tick, or you summon him a bunch of times on Lightsday and he'll have different perp cost each time), so by my understanding you're already receiving the "full benefit of the day/weather bonus" and there's no work for the obi to do here. =)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

i was just about to thank you for the non-sarcastic/non-rude reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybaster
    It won't do anything, the only thing the obis do is increasing the RATE of days benefit. In case you didn't know, it's not 100%, it's like around 50%. So if you casted Ice spells on Icedays, it might or might not have extra damage, this obi will make sure it will have an extra damage.

The robe already has 100% potency during the specific day, so there's no use of the obi anymore.

oh, and...
    But after that edit with the added card, you are Oh-so original

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Re: Summoner's Doublet + Obi

Quote Originally Posted by Mineah
    And before anyone decides to play the alla card.. well thanks, i was just there. And the best answer i got there or anywhere else was nothing so I came here!
    Fixed.
    alla card
    Isn't that a little harsh? He said he tried Alla already.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    Short Answer: As far as I know, nope! Sorry. The obi won't help your perp cost.

Long answer: Obis make certain chance occurrences proc 100% when you wear them. For example, cast Cure 10 times on Lightsday and you'll likely see one of them jump up 10% (or is it 5%? I really don't pay enough attention...) over your usual Cures. Do this with a Korin (Light, duh) Obi, and you'll see the day bonus 100% of the time. I believe this also applies to Enfeeble/Nuke accuracy and damage bonus and Skillchain damage, but I do not own any of these obis on my own character. Other people will be able to reply with their own experiences to correct me if I'm wrong. =X

The perpetuation cost decrease that you observe on the right day with the right weather is already 100% (it's not like you summon Carby and he'll cost different amounts per tick, or you summon him a bunch of times on Lightsday and he'll have different perp cost each time), so by my understanding you're already receiving the "full benefit of the day/weather bonus" and there's no work for the obi to do here. =)
    thanks, that's just what i was looking for =)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

And before anyone decides to play the alla card.. well thanks, i was just there. And the best answer i got there or anywhere else was nothing so I came here!
    Fixed.
    alla card
    I wouldn't have use the card if he's not like expecting it already, that's like asking for someone to use it.

the obis wil increase the magic damage done by your avatars by making the weather damage bonus happen all the time). it doesnt affect perpetuation in any way.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Obi's don't work for Avatars sadly

Well maybe they do for extra magic dmg on their corresponding day but nothing with perpetuation costs.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fixed.
    alla card
    I wouldn't have use the card if he's not like expecting it already, that's like asking for someone to use it.
    So you used it even if they did "ask for it" so you say? You could have just taken the high road so to speak and not post it, instead of posting it and making yourself look like a douche bag, gg!

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    the obis wil increase the magic damage done by your avatars by making the weather damage bonus happen all the time). it doesnt affect perpetuation in any way.
    False.

Banned.

BG Level

If I see that card posted incorrectly by some forum noobie one more time...

I no longer think the people who claimed I used the card at an innapropriate time have any bearing anymore unless they start bitching more at the people who use it at innapropriate times here.

Some people said that they had tried wearing the obi on the right day, wile crafting and got much better results in synthing, not HQ'ing but not as many fails... allot of people make things up for the fun of it. But is it true or false? it does say gains full benefits of that weather >.>

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Kemberly
    Some people said that they had tried wearing the obi on the right day, wile crafting and got much better results in synthing, not HQ'ing but not as many fails... allot of people make things up for the fun of it. But is it true or false? it does say gains full benefits of that weather >.>
    Please leave these forums

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by ElSugahpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemberly
    Please leave these forums
    i tried crafting with it too, the problem is that you need such a stupidly large amount of synths to statistically prove anything that it would never really happen.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

oh, and...
    seemed like a valid question to me...

The summoners I've spoken to tell me that the obi has no effect on perpetuation or avatar blood pacts. I haven't tested it personally though.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

You guys who were offended by the card are either too naive or giving the OP too much credit. The fact is OP didn't search allakhazam at all, even allakanoob will do that. The answer to the question can be found easily at alla, I searched for it and found it 3s later, thanks to ffxi firefox plugin. hint: the picture he posted have the answers.

This is the same type of people who post something even when the same thread is on the first page, not because they missed it, but because they don't read it.

sorry for the noobie post, i just joined teh forum yesterday and dun no the rules LOL

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

You guys who were offended by the card are either too naive or giving the OP too much credit. The fact is OP didn't search allakhazam at all, even allakanoob will do that. The answer to the question can be found easily at alla, I searched for it and found it 3s later, thanks to ffxi firefox plugin. hint: the picture he posted have the answers.

This is the same type of people who post something even when the same thread is on the first page, not because they missed it, but because they don't read it.

sorry for the noobie post, i just joined teh forum yesterday and dun no the rules LOL
    Seems the only ppl being touchie abt it, is you ^^; and i said i did check alla. The ppl that answered were guessing, i've heard both ways (from a lot of ppl prbly not knowing what they're talking abt, smn perpetuation being one of them.) At the beginning i said "doesn't really seem realistic and sounds far too generous of SE, but thought i'd see if anyone else knew for sure" Of course i had a guess; that the obis don't work for that.