BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Poison Taster's Cape

level 75

MP +20, Poison: Adds Refresh effect

WHM/BLM/RDM/BRD/SMN/BLU
    PUP/SCH

I cannot find anything about this item in those forums, so i suppose nobody already cared of it. I don't understant why. Isn't it a marvellous tools to use when in hard HL event/solo purpose? Basically for sch, for a poison pot you get a sublimation+1 on the back. Then why is this item not used? ^^'

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Would cost a ridiculous amount to keep up poison pots at all times?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hmmm, stack of poison potion is 10k a stack. The point is not to use it in exp situation, but in event of solo, as said. 10k for a 30 min fight isn't an extreme cost, 1 more tic of refresh, on the other hand, is huge. No? >.<

WarkeDChocobo
    BG Level

I camped the item to pop the mob for about 20 hours over 3 days, got 1 drop. NM didn't drop. havn't gone back

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

If you're using it solo, why wouldn't you just use juice, which is cheaper and gives better refresh and lets you use a real back piece? Honestly if I had 1000 slots of inventory I might get this for situations where I need to be poisoned anyway (Einherjar...) but with just 70 I don't see it as worth the inv space.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's the whole point, to save space compared to juice ^^ juice doesn't stack, poison potion does.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Juice components stack, and I guarantee you'll have an easier time leveling cooking to 60 (and make more money) than hunting this cape. But I mean, really, do as you like Just, you asked why no one makes a big deal about it, and that's pretty much why - extra tic of refresh turns out to not be worth the cost and trouble of carrying poison and being poisoned all the time for it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, good point about the juice component, never thought of it this way ^^'

Ok, thanks

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Mulsums stack, are fairly cheap and have a nigh on instant use.

Juices stack with sublimation? I was under the impression they didn't since refresh doesn't but I've never played SCH.. the cape is extremely situational but still nice in those situations. I'm 0/4 myself, haven't been back in a while.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Muslums aren't exactly cheap. More of that, they give you only 10 mp back. So for having enough tomake up for a yag drink, it is 12 of them, so a stack, so no gain.

And, after having thought of it, for yag drink, it is still 5 items to make one, even if they stack. So 5/12 of an item slot per yag drink, against 1/12 for poison pot with this back. Even if with poison pot you only get 1 tick, for the 120 mp, you need 2/12 item slot with poison pot, and 5/12 with yag drink. More of that, in solo situation, you cannot make yag drink during the fight, so you need to use 1 entire slot per yag drink.

So i still wonder about the use of this item ^^ really, it doesn't take up that much space : 1 item slot will last you 36 min.

I always carry a vile elixir and a vile elixir+1 for oshit moments on RDM.. granted, I rarely use either of them but I'd rather pop one and lose 10k than die to faust and lose 150k and some exp/pride if it's being bitchy. Same applies tenfold to ZNMs or anything I solo for ra/ex~ if I had this cape I would definitely give up the 2 inventory spaces for it and a stack of potions.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Juice does not stack with Sublimation.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Nice cape for Einherjar for mobs that cast sleepga.

Too bad you can't just poison yourself with the spell.

They should make some piece of gear that allows you to cast enfeebles on your party, it wouldn't break the game just maybe some consumable markets.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by shihei View Post
    Too bad you can't just poison yourself with the spell.

They should make some piece of gear that allows you to cast enfeebles on your party, it wouldn't break the game just maybe some consumable markets.
    This is so true. We just need the reflect spell in addition to make it more practical!

The cape is either good or not good. If it's not good don't bother, if it's good get it. If you are lazy don't pretext invo -1.

The main problem with this item is that it's retardly hard to get. It drops from VT-IT quadavs with extremly low droprate, then the NM itself is not 100% drop. If you want it get ready to spent douzens of hours killing quaddavs.

The item itself is useful because refresh is great. 1 poison pot will last 3 minutes, 1 stack 36 minutes for 720 mps recovered. It would take you like 4 minutes doing nothing to recover this. In some situations this capes comes handy. Einherjar, salvage boss, any boss type event where time is limited.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

0/4 on the cape myself Going to make myself go back sometime in the future..

Quote Originally Posted by Tan View Post
    This is so true. We just need the reflect spell in addition to make it more practical!
    It'd be nice for Nyzul meriting

Maybe if Poison duration was longer or Poison II didn't cost so much mp/take so much hp <_<