Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skill augmenting items     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level

Skill augmenting items

Since getting Guild Points for cooking is a major pain, I'm wondering how it works with the items that enhance your skill through Moghancements.

Brass Crock (50k GP)
    Cordon Bleu Set (150k GP)
    Culinarian Signboard (200k GP)
    all of these 3 provide "Moghancement: cooking" which should give you cooking +3 and some other random buff to change of successful synth or something.

Culinarian's Stall
    this is crafted, requires an item that costs 15k GP and provides Mega Moghancement Cooking, which gives +5 skill and... nothing else?

So what I'm wondering is: given how you can only have 1 moghancement up and they don't stack, why should I bother farming 400k GP to buy the 3 items above when I could spend 15k and craft me a stall to get even more skill?
    I'm sure I'm missing something here, but what? D:

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Since getting Guild Points for cooking is a major pain, I'm wondering how it works with the items that enhance your skill through Moghancements.

Brass Crock (50k GP)
    Cordon Bleu Set (150k GP)
    Culinarian Signboard (200k GP)
    all of these 3 provide "Moghancement: cooking" which should give you cooking +3 and some other random buff to change of successful synth or something.

Culinarian's Stall
    this is crafted, requires an item that costs 15k GP and provides Mega Moghancement Cooking, which gives +5 skill and... nothing else?

So what I'm wondering is: given how you can only have 1 moghancement up and they don't stack, why should I bother farming 400k GP to buy the 3 items above when I could spend 15k and craft me a stall to get even more skill?
    I'm sure I'm missing something here, but what? D:
    If you have the signboard and either the 50k or 150k item both in your layout, you get moglification, which gives skill+ and reduces chance of losing materials when attempts have failed. Someone would have to do a test to see if you still get the reduction chance of losing materials if you have them in your layout same time as stall, but most people wouldn't even bother with it for just a chance to not lose mats.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

You got the right idea, it's pretty much like this, 10 years ago we used teleports and airships to travel, and that furniture to get +skill, fast forward to today and we have HP teleports and Stalls for crafting skill +

Campaign
    BG Level

So basically I can just get the stall for my skill+5 and ignore the rest and save me the HELL of farming over 400k GP just for that?
    Seems too good to be true...

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You'll still need about 200k for all of the other stuff (cap breaking item, stall, apron, other piece of gear.)

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah but 200k is better than 600k! If you get what I mean.
    And Stall alone, for "just" 15k, provides an increase of 5 skill which is quite something, compared to the +1 increase provided by head (70k) or +1 from body (100k?)