Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this a joke?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

Is this a joke?

I'm bored waiting for my class to start so I decided to look up playonline and look around the "Community" section.....Their list of featured sites are pathethic!!!! They have "supposedly ls's" such as "The Hokuten, The Chateau, and Mevielyn's Love...then I looked at the post counts and just laughed out loud...You'd think that SE (having expressed how FFXI is a community game) would actually have featured sites popular sites especially the busy endgame community.

And lol @ Alla and KI being on there (I know old news).

Just bored, maybe I'll create some post in a few of those "featured sites" and express my gratitude to SE in all its horrific glory and see if I'm heard.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

We were going to be a featured LS and site but our screenies have Tparty and such on them (true story)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

LINKZ 2 PREMIUM SIETZ PRZZZZwwwww

plus.. BG is on WoW now D:

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

rofl, I guess all sites with the forbidden third party tools can't be added as a featured site.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer
    rofl, I guess all sites with the forbidden third party tools can't be added as a featured site.
    yeah we were thinking about editing the pics but it was just too much work, trying to make an effort from now on to take better screenies hahaha

blax n gunz
    BG Level

SE doesn't actively seek out sites to label as 'community sites.' The owners/maintainers of sites must volunteer and apply their sites through an online form before SE grants them a link on their main page. Their screening process is, as always, unspecific and it's my guess that they just give the job to one guy who doesn't have any real time to take care of applications in a professional manner.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    SE doesn't actively seek out sites to label as 'community sites.' The owners/maintainers of sites must volunteer and apply their sites through an online form before SE grants them a link on their main page. Their screening process is, as always, unspecific and it's my guess that they just give the job to one guy who doesn't have any real time to take care of applications in a professional manner.
    unless you know someone that works at SE....

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    yeah we were thinking about editing the pics but it was just too much work, trying to make an effort from now on to take better screenies hahaha
    or you could just opened FFXI without windower, noob.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    wtf kind of communist are you

If I didn't have windower I think I would have thrown myself out my window a long time ago. You must not camp the 3 Kings. I'm seriously not catering to SEs needs just because they don't like me using windower. Kinda ironic that their own devs use it, then act as if they have any right to enforce punishment against us. Plus even with a pic you can't notice someone is using windower. Only stuff like mini-maps and TParty were what got us I believe.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    If I didn't have windower I think I would have thrown myself out my window a long time ago. You must not camp the 3 Kings. I'm seriously not catering to SEs needs just because they don't like me using windower. Kinda ironic that their own devs use it, then act as if they have any right to enforce punishment against us. Plus even with a pic you can't notice someone is using windower. Only stuff like mini-maps and TParty were what got us I believe.
    I was actually JUST referring to taking the picture to have it featured, that way none of the TParty would have been in there. I can't play FFXI without windower either, and when FFXI turns on by itself after mait. I wanna shoot myself.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    BG is on both FFXI and WoW

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

You could just hit screen lock before printscreen... You'll even get the ugly copyright in the corner too!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Re: Is this a joke?

And lol @ Alla and KI being on there (I know old news).
    Where is KI on there? we never submitted to that BS.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Taku
    You could just hit screen lock before printscreen... You'll even get the ugly copyright in the corner too!
    Actually that's a good idea. Or you hit scroll lock and Fraps the picture so it's good quality! Tips for next time :wink:

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    BG is on both FFXI and WoW
    Nope. BG is on WoW now. What you're in now is what we call "BGv2: I want to stick my cock up my NPC"

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

SO WHAT IF I HAVE SEX WITH MY NPC. I LOVE HER

I was under the impression was that the only thing S.E checked for was the Copyright bit that they wanted all the sites to use. That basically said all Final Fantasy logos or something like that belonged to someone_something

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://www.playonline.com/polapps/s/fan ... olg_loc=en

This is the Playonline Comminity site list.

http://www.playonline.com/communityus/l ... 1/reg.html

These are the community site guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    STEP 1 Agree to the PlayOnline community site guidelines

You must accept the terms outlined in "PlayOnline Community Site Guidelines" before applying to register a community site. You cannot register a PlayOnline community site without agreeing to the guidelines.

STEP 2 Apply to register your PlayOnline community site

If you agree to the guidelines, complete the PlayOnline community site application form. You will be asked to enter information such as the URL of your web site and your contact information.

* Personal information such as your legal name and e-mail address must be submitted correctly. This personal information is kept as a record of the site owner's information and will be used to contact you about your PlayOnline community site.

STEP 3 Web site review

After you apply, our online community team will review and evaluate your web site to see whether it is qualified to be on PlayOnline Community Site Links. Please note that they may contact you with further questions about your web site. Further, the online community team has the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify your web site.

Registration complete!

If your site is approved, you will be issued a user ID and password by e-mail. These will unlock access to exclusive PlayOnline community site content.

* You must have a PlayOnline ID to register a PlayOnline community site.

* We cannot answer any questions about the status of your application.

* The online community team has the right to review your web site from time to time after approval.

* Even if your site is approved, your registration may be cancelled if the site contains content that violates the PlayOnline community site guidelines.
    http://www.playonline.com/communityus/l ... gline.html

Playonline Community site guidelines.

I was going to suggest a while ago that we apply to become a community site until I read the guidelines. (I think the term "Any requests from Square Enix, Inc. to have images removed from your site must be complied with immediately" made me think twice.)