Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chocobo Hot and Cold     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Chocobo Hot and Cold

How do I activate it?

Well in sandy at least there are 2 npcs right outside the stables, in that alcove. One is Kamp Kweh and one is Choco Hot and Cold.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Ya they're outside all the stables in each starting nation, sadly I can't find any in the Aht Urghan area so it'll cost to go back everytime. But it seems really kewl so far, apparently using the Green they give you summons yoru chocobo and created a marker on the map where your cehst is buried. Then you go back and dig until you get your chest and then you open it. I really wonder what the prizes will be XD, so I anyone with the chcobos with the abilities get out there and dig. They say the Burrow abilities and stuff help your chocobo dig more efficiently to find the treasure.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    From Sandy, going to Pashhow Marshlands. My bird dislikes me, likes clear weather, and has no attributes except being black. Silly girl.

first day i found the spot, ran out of time.

2nd day I found the spot, got a chest, and got a parasite worm.

3rd day i found the spot, got a chest, and got a Freshwater Set.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
    Maybe you'd get an Ultima Weapon when you're digging in the exact former location of the shimmering island?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    From Sandy, going to Pashhow Marshlands. My bird dislikes me, likes clear weather, and has no attributes except being black. Silly girl.

first day i found the spot, ran out of time.

2nd day I found the spot, got a chest, and got a parasite worm.

3rd day i found the spot, got a chest, and got a Freshwater Set.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
    Maybe you'd get an Ultima Weapon when you're digging in the exact former location of the shimmering island?
    i lol'd hard. unfortunately, elph(who is my gf irl) has never played ff9, but that is something i hope to remedy in the near future

day one, i ran out of time. this was in la theine.

day two, i dug up a chest in la theine, helmet mole ftl.

day three, i went to tahrongi, and dug up a chocolixer, which made me happy in my special place.

for what its worth, i've bred my choco for speed, and as such, has poor receptivity and discernment, and no abilities, so im fascinated as to what abilities, etc might allow your choco to find.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have yet to try this, though I have a blue first-class discernment (outstanding receptivity) chocobo with Burrow and Bore. Has anyone noticed a difference with their first-class mental stat burrow/bore chocobos versus one without that?

Looking through various reports on this from elsewhere, the best I've seen was an aluminum ore drop. Which isn't a bad thing for a free game (30-40K on Ragnarok).

Xaru

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    Looking through various reports on this from elsewhere, the best I've seen was an aluminum ore drop. Which isn't a bad thing for a free game (30-40K on Ragnarok).
    Wiki has a semi-current list of what people have found so far.

Best item I've dug up was a Celerity Salad, and that's with a chocobo bred for speed (Poor in mental stats)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

ok I suck horribly at this game. My chocobo only has impressive str as only notable stat and rest are just poor enjoy clear weather blah blah. Pop the item in jugner and it's awlays near the arthro lake but I can never find the item -_- even if i'm right over the ??? on the map I keep inching out and all it says is kweh :E. How does everyone else do this cause I suck at this shit and haven't found a chest yet : (

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

i've found different zones to have different results digging. this far:

1st dig - latheine. first day, didnt know what to do, ran out of time

2nd dig - tahrongi canyon - chocolixer

3rd and 4th digs - konschat highlands - i think this zone is bugged. standing EXACTLY over the ??? on themap, and the entire surrounding area never got me so much as a kweh.

5th dig - latheine #2, zeebra eel

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Got a Mushroom Locust from Hot+Cold @ Konschtat.... and i'm happy w/ it gonna make some HQ beast jugs that are impossible to get otherwise. hi2u rain weather @ yuh jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    Wiki has a semi-current list of what people have found so far.

Best item I've dug up was a Celerity Salad, and that's with a chocobo bred for speed (Poor in mental stats)
    That's a nice list. Raxa, giant bird plumes- hmm, maybe I go digging in Tahrongi for treasure. After all, it's free.