Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: |Holy Cow|     submit to reddit submit to twitter

|Holy Cow|

I'm planning on doing this ENM pretty soon with my LS to get a Gigant for myself. I've been looking around for information, but Allakazam and Somepage are pretty vague about the actual fight itself. I don't have a problem getting to the ENM, just need some help about how to take out the Buffalo. Anyways, if anyone can give me any information pertaining to the fight (good job combinations, what strategy, etc. etc.), it'd be much appreciated.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I've done this fight once, so I'm hardly an expert on it, but we went in planning to straight up kill it, myself as pld/war (decently well-equipped, couple pieces of koenig, nothing special), also had rdm, blm, blm, whm, thf.

Well, it hits really really freakin hard. Started out fine, but at about 50% it started hitting me for 300-400+, so I disengaged and started running. Well, it didn't have gravity on at the time, so it stayed with me and ate me for lunch. After I went down the rdm gravitied, the blms nuked, and it went down without a hitch. From what I saw, bring a couple blms and kite it and you shouldn't have any trouble (gee, what an original strategy).

Of course we got crap for drops, I think a single piece of eltoro leather and nothing else. And now I can't get my ENM group to do anything other than Brothers for those damned hedgehog bombs... getting sick of that one

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

1x taru RDM/NIN with dalmatica and AF2 hat

Not sure why you don't just try it and come up with your own strat. It's not like it even costs you precious seals or xp.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yeah, the only thing you need to know to formulize your own strat are these 2 things:

He has majorly high def
    He hits like a freight train

Take what you want, that works. I can duo it with my girlfriend fine but we lack damage so we run out of time >< If we take a BLM or RDM it's cake.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

He's not that bad...

He hits harder and harder as his HP decreases(or time passes?) so you either need a flawless blinktank, or just kite it when he starts to hit too hard.

Wierd thing about him is he goes through periods of "invincibility" in which all spells and damage deal 0. Once that wears, BLM and RDM nukes should tear through him very quickly.

There's a video of Avesta soloing it:

http://atseva.sakura.ne.jp/apis.zip

But he's usually out of bandwith or something.

Xavier

Prepare to wet yourself.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../moneyshot.jpg

That picture is NOT photoshopped. It happened on my 6th or 7th run of Holy Cow with an ENM static I used to have. It was sexy as hell and ENMS own.

Kiting it is the easiest, I've done it with a ninja and melee, but it can take a while since it goes through its stages of being invincible.

Peace out.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

one time he hit my pld/nin for 11xx :3

ive killed several times with small groups, best bet is to marason on pld/war and just find a good rdm and blm

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I see your double drop, and raise you our reactions to the same double drop.

[removed broken link]

Cassia Lumber < Eltoro Leather

Paladin just needs someone have gravity cast on it. Kite it around, have the black mage(s) nuke it to hell. Melee won't do much(such a surprise there), but you can pretty much get by with 1-2 black mages as the main source of damage. Easy ENM. Probably one of the easiest I've ever done. It also likes to alternate between hitting weak and being near invincible to hitting hard as hell and being weak to magic and fairly resistant to melee.

Not sure why you don't just try it and come up with your own strat. It's not like it even costs you precious seals or xp.

Yeah, but I don't wanna organize a group, get to the ENM, have no idea what I'm doing, die, and then tell them to come back again 5 days later.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

ive went w/a pld kite several times and it works just fine as long as you have a rdm...i like playing around w/ nin/blm and it works very well on this ENM...use yasha gear, NQ staves, and some rather standard +int gear and i was doing between 170-210 a nuke...weve had a rng come w/our semi-ENM static and i outdmg him every time *post-patch, but still* 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gafgarionn

Yeah, but I don't wanna organize a group, get to the ENM, have no idea what I'm doing, die, and then tell them to come back again 5 days later.
    Well if you don't know the people well enough to say that to them, how the hell are you gonna convince them to let you have the gigant mantle all to your own?

Try this for a setup... 1 rdm for gravity, 1 tank with speed hax, 2 melees to SC (preferably sam), toss in a whm and a blm to burst (herald gaiteres a must if he's a taru lols)

Honestly a cookie cutter set up is all you need. Shit, a rdm I kno solo'd it herself... and another duo'd it with a ninja... the cow isn't that hard.. just annoying...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

He's easiest, just crazily resistant to melee dmg.

A NIN can straight tank him though if they have some semi decent gear. With haste on and my gear I can go at least half the fight without getting hit

Though yeah, kiting is easier if you want BLMs to go crazy, given the fact that you can't hold hate on a mob you don't deal dmg to.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

it's not hard to NOT get hit by kirin, it is hard to not die from his WS moves that go thru shadows...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Farshaw
    ive went w/a pld kite several times and it works just fine as long as you have a rdm...i like playing around w/ nin/blm and it works very well on this ENM...use yasha gear, NQ staves, and some rather standard +int gear and i was doing between 170-210 a nuke...weve had a rng come w/our semi-ENM static and i outdmg him every time *post-patch, but still* 8)
    On that note, I've went with a RNG with the full MND gear setup and a repeating crossbow, and even though she was hitting for pitiful damage, her holy bolt additional affect was doing around 60-150 a shot. o_O

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Bikwin
    it's not hard to NOT get hit by kirin, it is hard to not die from his WS moves that go thru shadows...
    Wrong thread?

this ENM is really easy, i went with a normal exp pt set up MNK SAM NIN BLM RDM WHM and it was really easy, just annoying cuz the hoe would go invincible.