Page 1 of 157 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PC/PS4) - March 3rd, 2020

IT'S HAPPENING!

GAMEPLAY VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Trailer

Official Website: http://ffvii-remake.square-enix.com/

And everyone has creamed their pants. This OP will be updated as more information becomes available.

Winter Report will announce official title, screenshots, & explain what has changed
    http://gematsu.com/2015/06/final-fan...tails-planning
    http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/071/1071164/ http://www.famitsu.com/news/201506/17081075.html

Notable Articles And Quotes

Cross Dressing Cloud Confirmed!

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/17/fina...gritty-remake/

Battle System won't be exactly the same(obviously, and sorry purists); light-hearted humor will be kept!
    The trailer seemed pretty serious in tone. Will the occasional humor the original game carry through?

TN: The comedy or the lighthearted parts -- I like those. I don't want to change it that much. But we can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn. That would be bizarre. Of course there will likely be changes there. But if we took away parts like the lighter moments of the game, then it would no longer be FFVII.
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/f...e=applenws.com

FF7 Remake Won't Use Luminous Engine LINK

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A couple other threads had this mentioned in them but good to give it it's own thread I guess.

But I'm in the same boat doode, I'll believe it when I see it (in less than 24 hours please)

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

SE talking about FFVII is a trigger for me, because they lie and troll so much.

STOP TRIGGERING ME, SE!

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

i want it, but at the same time i would've preferred anything else from the PSX era.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Good. Maybe people will finally shut up about it.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

lolno they won't

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I doubt it.
    Even though i'd want a 7, 8 and 9, they should at least do 5 and 6 first.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I really don't want any Amano-Era FF's given the modern treatment because everyone is wearing a bunch of clown suits with various patches of colored polka dots, spots, stripes and waves all over their outfits. All the men wear lipstick (seriously, go back and look at those purple lips) and everyone loves the artwork so much that people would riot if they changed any of the designs, so leave em in their glorious sprite forms. Every time I see the Warrior of Light in Dissidia I chuckle a bit before sighing. Random spike on this shoulder, beautiful purple lips, off-set horns over here.

Yes, Nomura is belts belts belts but I can deal with a few belts as opposed to everyone looking like a court jester. Save it for Kefka and Kefka alone.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Whatever they do I hope they don't change two things: The music and the controls. If they changed how the game was played it would really take away from what made the game fun for me.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Whatever they do I hope they don't change two things: The music and the controls. If they changed how the game was played it would really take away from what made the game fun for me.
    Maybe they'll actually finish it...and fix some of the broken things lol.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    I doubt it.
    Even though i'd want a 7, 8 and 9, they should at least do 5 and 6 first.
    I'd kill for a remake of 8 with a draw system overhaul. That'd be amazing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Fuck the haters! Take my money.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Really hope if they do it they don't make it an action rpg shit like they do to everything now it seems. Just keep it the way it was.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Really hope if they do it they don't make it an action rpg shit like they do to everything now it seems. Just keep it the way it was.
    Yeah that is my biggest hope. I don't care for the action rpg combat systems they keep using. I want the classic turn based system they had in the original game.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    What's that? You want lots of QTE? DONE.

All I want is an overworld bros. Remember those wonderful things?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was talking with my buddy about this other day, about older jrpgs in general and how grindy they are.

I love grinding, really, I do - I had the time to max out KotR back in the day, but I dont think I could do it anymore. My fear is, is that ill go to play 7, 8, or 9 again, and itll just kick in, and ill remember how much grinding I need to do to feel accomplished, and ill just put the game down.

It's like that with Disgaea now, D1 I capped out everything, now I beat the story and call it done. Ugh. I really dont like doing it, but I got other shit to do, and any more these days, beating the game is good enough.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Being hyped for SE material usually only brings disappointment, so I won't hold my breath on this.

If they do however, announce this, please for the love of god leave the music alone, and just re-skin the game in HD. Change nothing.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If they show this, but not a new Chrono game, I'm gonna be mad.

edit: who am I kidding lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    Being hyped for SE material usually only brings disappointment, so I won't hold my breath on this.

If they do however, announce this, please for the love of god leave the music alone, and just re-skin the game in HD. Change nothing.
    Agreed on the music. Some of the greatest parts about the OST back then are the samples they used in certain tracks that just cannot be replicated without using, well, the same sample. For example, my favorite song in the game (in a game literally filled with favorite songs) is Wutai, largely because of the synth sample used in the climax of the song loop. Every version I've ever heard, be it official or unofficial, has sounded worse in my ears because they replaced the synth with either a koto or strings. Other songs come to mind as well, such as Mining Town's refrain.

If they went back and updated some samples while keeping others original, I'm sure I'd love it, but at that point we're approaching pure personal subjectivity in terms of which samples should be updated and which should stay original, so yeah, no.

Worst comes to worst, provide a new OST, yet have the option for the entire game to be played with the original work. Everyone wins at that point, just don't do the FFX HD where they butchered certain songs.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

This shit won't happen I'm pretty sure. There's no way we'd just now get a tiny leak of this and nothing else.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 157 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast