Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Tales from the Borderlands (PC/Mac/PS4/XB1/PS3/360/Mobile)

Leading and award-winning developer and publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games, in collaboration with leading and award-winning developer Gearbox Software, and publisher 2K, announced today their partnership to create an all-new story-driven episodic game series entitled, 'Tales from the Borderlands: A Telltale Games Series', set to premiere digitally in 2014 on home consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile devices.

"Gearbox shares the independent spirit that Telltale was founded on, and like Telltale, they've broken the boundaries of what to expect within a gaming genre," said Dan Connors, co-founder and CEO of Telltale Games. "Our partnership is something that we are very excited about, because it will unite the incredibly rich world of Borderlands with Telltale's focus on story-telling driven by player choice, and characters that people truly care about."

'Tales from the Borderlands' will explore and expand on the stories of existing and all-new characters from the world of Pandora, as seen in the critically-acclaimed and best-selling Borderlands® 2 from Gearbox and 2K.

"At the 2012 Spike TV VGAs, our studios and games - Borderlands 2 and The Walking Dead - were fortunate to do incredibly well that night winning more awards than any other games! So we met up later for a great first date, one thing lead to another and, well, we're having a baby," said Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software. "Borderlands is incredibly important to us, so it is meaningful to share that with this partnership. I have great confidence and excitement for what Telltale has in store for its all-new adventures in our universe."

Developed by Gearbox Software, and published by 2K - a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. - the Borderlands franchise has sold-in more than 15 million units worldwide, won more than 55 editorial awards, and was a breakout original property that invented a new genre, the FPS/RPG hybrid known as "shooter-looter."

Tales from the Borderlands: A Telltale Games Series will be published digitally by Telltale Games in partnership with Gearbox Software.
    Official site: http://www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/
    Release date: 2014

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Can't care when they don't even try to take it onto the new generation of consoles at all.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    Can't care when they don't even try to take it onto the new generation of consoles at all.
    wat

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

It makes me wonder how much they're behind the project.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's on pc, that's all that matters.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

is there any proof that it isn't going to be on the new ones? the summary just says "home consoles" and with the new gen being fairly PC-ish in architecture it seems like it would require minimal effort to bring it over

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

also it's a fucking telltale game, it's not like it's going to gain much from the increase in power

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

They haven't announced any of their titles being published on PS4 or XB1. I just slapped PS3 & 360 up there because it's the standard.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Shut up and take my money again, TTG.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/8/5486...edy-pandorians

Tales from the Borderlands: A Telltale Games Series will star two protagonists, which were featured in the game's debut trailer during the 2013 VGX awards show — though calling them "heroes" might be a stretch.

During a SXSW Gaming panel titled "Two Sides to Every Story - Tales from the Borderlands Unveiled at SXSW," a handful of developers both from Telltale and Gearbox discussed the story of the episodic adventure series. It's set on Pandora, the planet which served as the battleground for the first two Borderlands games — but rather than focus on the plight of the heroic Vault Hunters of that universe, it focuses more on the planet's less adventurous inhabitants.

The two characters featured in the trailer are Fiona, the well-dressed con artist, and Rhys, the cybernetically-enhanced Hyperion company man. The player will control both characters as they recall, in turn, the plot of the game from the future. Both narrators' versions, however, are fish tales — players will quickly notice the discrepancies between the versions of the events presented by Fiona and Rhys.

"You never really play what actually happened, you're playing this Big Fish version of what happened," Telltale's Kevin Bruner explained during the panel.

You'll have plenty of reason to doubt the untrustworthy narration from Rhys and Fiona, as they're both thoroughly greed-driven people — much like everyone else surviving on Pandora. That driving desire also plays into the general tone of the game, and its decision-based gameplay. To put that into context, Telltale's Harrison Pink compared the series to The Walking Dead, where players were constantly forced to choose between the lesser of two evils. In Tales from the Borderlands, players will more often have to choose from the better of two extremely desirable options.

In terms of tone, it should come as no surprise that Tales from the Borderlands will try to preserve the humor of the core franchise. That tone is something of a departure from The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, but Bruner is quick to point out that the studio is rooted in comedic series like Sam & Max.

"We've got all this pent up comedy in boxes around the studio that we've been wanting to unpack," Bruner said.

Dsc_0183

No gameplay footage was shown off during the panel, and the game's mechanics went largely undiscussed. However, Pink revealed that there would be shooting segments in the game, "just in a Telltale kind of way." The game's two protagonists have their own unique skills that players will leverage throughout the series, including Fiona's hypnotic, snake oil-selling fast talk, and Rhys' robotic arm, which he can (and frequently does) use to hack impeding electronics.

Though it wasn't shown, it sounds like the game will possess the same mix of traditional adventure game mechanics and light action elements like those seen in Telltale's The Wolf Among Us.

"It's a Borderlands game, there has to be crazy stuff going on," Bruner said. "I'm glad that people recognize it in [The Wolf Among Us], because figuring out how to do action and storytelling at the same time has been tricky to do without reverting to a traditional, run-around video game. We want to keep things cinematic, and have action sequences tell stories. We got better between Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, and I think we'll get better as we move into Borderlands, because you have to have crazy, over-the-top action scenes, or it's not a Borderlands game."

However the game shakes out, Tales from the Borderlands will be a canonical entry in the series following the events of Borderlands 2. Characters from past titles will make an appearance, but the game is centered more around the other characters in the world of Pandora. It's a way of enriching the universe, reminiscent of the (similarly titled) Star Wars short story compilation, Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, according to Gearbox writer Anthony Burch.

"The cool think about Mos Eisley, or any kind of expanded universe stuff like that, is, 'Let's tell a story in this universe that's not specifically about the world savers, it's not about the badasses doing badass things — it's about schmos trying to get by,' and that makes the world feel much more real," Burch said.

"Borderlands can be more than just shooting people in the face repeatedly," Burch added. "That it could be shooting people in the face repeatedly and then talking to them is a cool possibility for us."

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I hope the shooting segments come complete with the stuttering framerate I've grown accustomed to with Tell Tale games.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Listen, kiddos...

Today we would like to release the first ever screenshots from our upcoming episodic game series, Tales from the Borderlands, premiering for download later this summer.

In the first round of screenshots, players get a closer look at the upcoming series set on Pandora AFTER the events of the critically-acclaimed Borderlands 2 from Gearbox Software and 2K Games.

Featuring two playable characters, the story is told from two unique perspectives that will alternate as the story progresses. These characters include Rhys, a scheming, low-level data-miner within Hyperion who's plotting his own grand ambitions; and Fiona, a clever and classic fast-talking con-artist born and raised on Pandora out to pull off the grift of a lifetime.

While they themselves aren't vault hunters, both Rhys and Fiona will also come across vault hunters such as Zer0 and other characters from the world of Borderlands 2 throughout the series, as all events in Tales from the Borderlands will be part of the official Borderlands story canon.

Tales from the Borderlands: A Telltale Games Series will be published digitally by Telltale Games in partnership with Gearbox Software and 2K Games.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Troy Baker as Rhys, Laura Bailey as Fiona, Chris Hardwick as Vaughn, Erin Yvette as Sasha, Patrick Warburton as Vasquez, Nolan North as August, and Dameon Clarke as Handsome Jack

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ta...-gearbox-.aspx
    Telltale Games wants you to know that Tales from the Borderlands is coming “very soon.” In order to get you hyped up for a trip to Pandora powered by words rather than bullets (ok, there are some bullets, too), the studio has released a new behind-the-scenes video featuring Gearbox talking about the team-up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Episode 2 comes out March 17.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Would you guys recommend this to someone who has never played any Borderlands but loves Telltale games?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

You don't necessarily have to have played any of the Borderlands games, but you probably do need to share their sense of humour. I'm not big on BL gameplay but I liked the first episode, so I guess I'm in sort of the same boat as you. If you have a good sense of humour you'll probably like it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

From what I've seen of Borderlands humor, it's absolutely my thing. I just don't care enough about the gameplay to play it.

Thanks I'll try it pick it up next time I see it on sale then.