Thread: ToAu 3 Bst king - Jaja     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ToAu 3 Bst king - Jaja

Hi guys,

my ls has successfully defeat the big red face beast king the other day,
    it was a fun battle and we have got the win !

and the we are going to fight Jaja this time,
    we are a bit worried abt Jaja's WS -
    According to Wiki:

# Decussate: Heavy AoE damage, absorbed by Utsusemi, used at <=35% health

* Damage may go as high as ~800-1300
    * With decent defense damage can be lowered to ~250-450
    we know we will have to have heavy - curing on DDs and especially PLD, we have 2~3 PLD going to tank this Lizard face and 1 with Aegis and Dark mantle/ring

also

Mijin Gakure

how bad is this move? we are worried that we might get instant wipe if the DMG is horrible,

any suggestion?

we know the snake hair lady is the easiest, and I have seen some clips and we know it's fairly simple to kill her

thanks a lot

kep

Tarutaru Subligar Inspector
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The Mijin Gakure is at 3%. Treat it like Odin and have as few ppl as possible in range, because it will kill you.

We go with 3+ PLDs, 2 on the NM, other and whatever NINs we have on the babies in the side rooms. (Pretty sure can handle with 2 on NM and one on babies, we tried that last time, but one PLD got hacked mid run, causing many deaths and a rollback after 55 jades were lost)

DO NOT cast on it, period. We used SMNs and RNGs for DD, it's nothing special. Just wear it down, hope for no really really bad TP moves. If you PLDs have fire resist gear, it is a good idea, but this is a pretty easy fight so long as a PLD does not get hacked mid fight.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Any more information on this fight is appreciated. I started a new group for ToAU kings since we wiped to Medusa and am trying to make sure I have everything I can (yes I know there's another thread on this, but I figured I'd post here too).

Thanks!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Rather than not casting at all, you could do what we did. His aerial attackl only does massive damage when he's built up tp from spells/attacks, so have a rdm spam dia on him. He'll do really weak aerial moves to the rdm that will take 2-3 to even break stoneskin, along with reseting his tp everytime.

This will make him not do much besides just melee the tanks until below 25%. Makes him into a much easier fight overall.

Besides that, he's a pretty basic Ninja type mob, except I never saw the massive damage Mijin everyone always talks about. Both times I was there for killing him, he didn't Mijin until 1% and both times it did pretty weak damage (didn't do worse than put people into yellow hp). We used Sam's and smn damage and just had whoever hold the adds (a nin/dnc could do it easy solo, and anyone /nin with a healer could likewise. A rdm/nin, whm/nin, or sch/nin could all solo hold the mobs).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Medusa was an easy fight

blu/thf nin/thf PLD MEDUSA PLD PLD blue/thf

No facing Medusa for ALL PLD, nin have to run on the "side" to attack Medusa.

smn, bard, rng, whm
    stay HERE

rdm/nin or pld with 1 Guard rdm/nin or pld with 1 Guard

rdm/nin or pld with 1 Guard rdm/nin or pld with 1 Guard

and then, basically, blue and nin gives all the hate to PLD
    smn, rng attack

the fight with 18 ppl will takes abt an hr to do it.
    Blue with DEF built and CASATA + cannonball can deal Decent damage, with my crap DEF/VIT equip, i can hit Medusa with TASA for about 2~300, CASATA can do about 4~600 dmg.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

SMNS + RNG for DD

1-2 SAM for SATA WS on PLD

some RDM/NIN to hold pets

repeat this normal odin strategy for all 3 kings

???

profit

grats on title

i cannot put it simpler for you. all of them are NQ Odin

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

pld/dnc is also great for this fight, give them a rdm and they can hold all adds. I found the Mamool alot easier than troll, troll has bad tp move after 20% plus not much room to move.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Asdrabael View Post
    Besides that, he's a pretty basic Ninja type mob, except I never saw the massive damage Mijin everyone always talks about. Both times I was there for killing him, he didn't Mijin until 1% and both times it did pretty weak damage (didn't do worse than put people into yellow hp). We used Sam's and smn damage and just had whoever hold the adds (a nin/dnc could do it easy solo, and anyone /nin with a healer could likewise. A rdm/nin, whm/nin, or sch/nin could all solo hold the mobs).
    Psssh, both times I went on SMN I got pwned by Mijin, but yeah having a rdm spam Dia on it worked really nicely for us.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Jaja in my experience is the easiest of the 3, which is contrary to what I've heard prior to actually fighting any of them. Pretty much ^ as above. 3 Tanks is the way to go as long as you don't have 1 always trying to play hero. He hits hard and decently fast + Double Attack on top of a regular 2 hit attack round, you can get owned fast. The WS he counters with on magic sucks, just don't Flash without Shadows. Keep him facing the wall and don't stack Tanks on top of eachother, because one of his stronger moves is directional and sucks hard. Mijin is little to no concern. Keep Shell on and it's probably the least damage the tanks will take during the fight.

Adds should give you absolutely no trouble. If you are having issues with the adds, its time to give your computer a nice wash in acid and or lava. I actually like doing this fight alot. Medusa's Adds and Random draw in while trying to position are the only tough part. The Troll just plain sucks simply because Head Snatch is like Throat stab minus the hate reset. Also, as far as all 3 fights go, use RDMs for adds, except for maybe Jaja. Just speaking from personal experience, I've only done each fight i think 3 times.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

The most ikmportant thing to bear in mind is adds. Control them well, and you'll have np killing the NM.

We went with 11 people and a rather terrible add control setup that wound up in a wipe (pld/war+rdm). We reraised, and then we had 2 rdm/whm (fuck that, /nin onry for this), a pld/war and a pld/nin on add duty, leaving only myself to tank Gulool. Don't do it. It's fucking annoying to tank that thing solo, specially if you only have 2 DDs (it's worth noting that perhaps the best SAM I know was doing lolworthy Gekkos as /THF, so I'd recommend SMN and RNG for damage) and the fight drags on for an hour and a half (or more, my memory is blurry). I've never been in a more epic fight though, we struggled from 100% to 0%...I got more "fuck you"s than "grats" when ring dropped ^___^

If I were to do it again, I'd prioritize add control over anything else, to the point of even bringing 4 rdm/nins to do it, and I'd bring at least 2 tanks for Gulool himself. When you have that, it's a pretty straight forward fight all together.

Gl.

This just is really a joke. We had two plds, one went down during the fight at some point. Sometimes a pld can just get unlucky sometimes, nothing he can do about that. Yes, his two hour is at 3% like stated above. 1 rng can tigger this without any problems. We had one pld in with the galka rng to tigger and both lived. Besides that if you have melee they better be /nin for that AoE, or use rngs. Very easy fight if taken slowly, don't rush because that's when mistakes happen.

We had a full 18, fight took about 30 mins i think.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does anyone have any good tips on fighting Gurfurlur? He was mentioned a couple times before. Sounds like the big move to watch out for is the 10% HP one?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

one note for all pld's:

don't use invincible no matter what happens in the fight, you will die lol

the hate on the adds is really weird, like they have hate on anyone who was in the main room where the king pops, but do not actually share hate with the NM, so even if you have never made an action on them using invincible will pull hate off the ppl holding the adds, and once the buff wears they will tear you a new one

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by keriam View Post
    Does anyone have any good tips on fighting Gurfurlur? He was mentioned a couple times before. Sounds like the big move to watch out for is the 10% HP one?
    Just have everyone with Remedies for this move, it's the only real threat in this fight.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Augie Zwan
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by konoko View Post
    one note for all pld's:

don't use invincible no matter what happens in the fight, you will die lol

the hate on the adds is really weird, like they have hate on anyone who was in the main room where the king pops, but do not actually share hate with the NM, so even if you have never made an action on them using invincible will pull hate off the ppl holding the adds, and once the buff wears they will tear you a new one
    We did this fight a few days ago and didn't have this issue. I'm not sure if it relates to where they were held, or just something silly that happened, but it wasn't as clear cut as using it = hate on adds.