• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Problem with new pc (doesnt detect monitor)

Just bought this pc a few day ago and received it just now
    Newegg.ca - CyberpowerPC Gamer Infinity 9800 Core 2 Quad Q9550(2.83GHz) 4GB DDR2 500GB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit (With Windows 7 Upgrade Coupon) - Desktop PCs

Problem is, it's not detecting any of my monitor (tried 2). I have no fucking clue what to do, or where to start looking. Any help is welcome.

open it up and make sure all of the cards, ram etc are seated properly. Make sure all of the power connections are made (should be a 6 or 8 pin going straight to the video card).

If everything is set, then contact the company and get it replaced. If there is nothing at boot and everything is seated properly then there is a problem with one of the boards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Also try a different cable if you have one. Probably wont be the problem (more than likely it's what aalryn has said) but it's worth a try.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Already tried 2 monitor with 2 different cable.

contacting the company is what I would like to avoid, because you have to pay for the shipping on neweggs. But if it come down to that, I guess I will have to.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Ok, pc booted when the graphic card was removed...

I guess that's a start. Now to fucking mail the thing back and wait 2 weeks for another.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You might try another video card if you can get a hold of one before mailing it back. There's always the possibility it's on the motherboard side.

I hope you did try reseating all cards and connections within the computer; that's an easy problem to occur during shipping.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Tekumel View Post
    You might try another video card if you can get a hold of one before mailing it back. There's always the possibility it's on the motherboard side.

I hope you did try reseating all cards and connections within the computer; that's an easy problem to occur during shipping.
    Yeah. I'm not computer expert , but I think everything is connected properly. Now that I can actually see what's going on the screen, I will install the drivers and everything, and hope it solves the issue

Sadly, I dont have another compatible card for now. I was going to try before shipping it back obviously if I can get my hands on one, but idk.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Ok, pc booted when the graphic card was removed...

I guess that's a start. Now to fucking mail the thing back and wait 2 weeks for another.
    Sounds like there's built-in graphics on the motherboard and their dumbass techs didn't disable it before installing the upgraded video card.

Go into BIOS and disable it. Then install the new card again & it should boot fine.