+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hundred shields" PLD :)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

"Hundred shields" PLD :)

I wanna introduce my idea how PLD can be better solo DD/tank in low man situation in abyssea and better for cleave then any other job
    I called it "Hundred Shields" because it was first thing that came to my mind
    Samples in both movies are pretty small but that's because I wanted to make them fast. Cleave should work on almost any mobs. If you are solo then EP-DC for non mnk mobs and T-IT for MNK mobs. If you have a healer then probably all of them. As for the fighting NM this way I know it's a little risky and need some preparation before the fight but doesn't ppl whining for how easy and boring are fights now? :D
    Anyway I hope you enjoy this idea:

Cleave:
    movie 1

NM:
    movie 2

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its really cool. Kinda Sad that once again a great thing for PLD is only possible with an Empyrean

I should get that shield some day.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not to be a dick but most of this is invalid for most PLDs as they do not have either Alamace or Ochain, much less both.

It's never been a question of damage mitigation with PLD, it's been about holding hate, and capping hate through damage is far more effective and efficient. Paladins are irrelevant now days because of that and the only way that can change is if they are able to deal moderate amounts of damage without requiring Relic/Emp gear.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Heian View Post
    Not to be a dick but most of this is invalid for most PLDs as they do not have either Alamace or Ochain, much less both.

It's never been a question of damage mitigation with PLD, it's been about holding hate, and capping hate through damage is far more effective and efficient. Paladins are irrelevant now days because of that and the only way that can change is if they are able to deal moderate amounts of damage without requiring Relic/Emp gear.
    I think you completely missed the point of this thread. It's not about "what to do to fix your PLD" It's about "What cool things you can do with PLD with Empy".
    If you have a time to get them I'm just showing my idea how you can use them.

That looks fun to do. TP gain from shield-mastery seems like a nice way to aoe-farm, but it makes me wonder... Couldn't you do this (the train, not the NM) with any small/high-proc shield if you can survive the train? What atmas did you use/need to survive?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Amok View Post
    That looks fun to do. TP gain from shield-mastery seems like a nice way to aoe-farm, but it makes me wonder... Couldn't you do this (the train, not the NM) with any small/high-proc shield if you can survive the train? What atmas did you use/need to survive?
    None XD I used atma for damage gales smiting and ultimate
    You could try with small shield but they probably wont hit for 0 and when damage probably won't kill you (at least on MNK type mobs) they will probably start to make TP moves which can be annoying.

Ok, I couldn't see the numbers, wasn't sure if they were actually 0 or just single digits. With a sipar or something along those lines you'd take damage, but I saw dark rings, twilight torque, nierenshutz and +2 legs so there's more room for PDT. Toss in Mounted Champion and I think you could pull it off. I'm gonna give it a shot while leveling shield skill.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

wut...i thought its already known that any job can cleave even w/o any extra method of gaining TP.........even a normal 800 aeolian's edge can kill 20 mobs at a time np just takes longer. Ochain only makes you able to do it alone... even w/o ochain u can do what u did with a WHM 2box

PLD can also proc alot of WS so they arent entirely useless. ochain and almace can solo any NMs with a 2box WHM

i was hoping to see something not related to ochain or almace but after seeing the videos...its nothing surprising actually.....

besides having PLD as a bonus on buhkis....PLD are just another TP feeding job if you have another MNK or NIN

sorry for being a douche...i have no problems having a PLD friend to low man something(my friend anli is prolly a better PLD) and its fun to watch

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    wut...i thought its already known that any job can cleave even w/o any extra method of gaining TP.........even a normal 800 aeolian's edge can kill 20 mobs at a time np just takes longer

PLD can also proc alot of WS so they arent entirely useless. ochain and almace can solo any NMs with a 2box WHM

i was hoping to see something not related to ochain or almace but after seeing the videos...its nothing surprising actually.....

sorry for being a douche...
    wat

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Amok View Post
    Ok, I couldn't see the numbers, wasn't sure if they were actually 0 or just single digits. With a sipar or something along those lines you'd take damage, but I saw dark rings, twilight torque, nierenshutz and +2 legs so there's more room for PDT. Toss in Mounted Champion and I think you could pull it off. I'm gonna give it a shot while leveling shield skill.
    PDT was just for pull. While killing I i switch to tp/ws or WS only set because sometimes I have TP right after WS XD

Interesting idea. I am going to try this.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    wat
    what? obviously some NMs like omega/rani doesnt relate to this lol they are HNMs imo haha

maybe i should change it to "any normal NMs"

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    I think you completely missed the point of this thread. It's not about "what to do to fix your PLD" It's about "What cool things you can do with PLD with Empy".
    If you have a time to get them I'm just showing my idea how you can use them.
    I would reword your original post then, because the first line makes it come off as PLD can become a DD tank along the lines of other jobs inside abyssea. Because for PLD to even come close it requires two Emps, where as other jobs can do it without a single Emp. I would love for PLD to become relevant again, it was my first job to 75, but with the current game mechanics, it is just not efficient, and I do not see that changing anytime soon. And yes I would love to get Ochain, but I highly doubt my shell will want to and in all likelyhood I would have an easier time getting Alamce than Ochain. All of this after I finish Ukon of course.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    what? obviously some NMs like omega/rani doesnt relate to this lol they are HNMs imo haha

maybe i should change it to "any normal NMs"
    Nah was commenting on the wording you used, "solo" but with a whm healing you lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I would reword your original post then, because the first line makes it come off as PLD can become a DD tank along the lines of other jobs inside abyssea. Because for PLD to even come close it requires two Emps, where as other jobs can do it without a single Emp. I would love for PLD to become relevant again, it was my first job to 75, but with the current game mechanics, it is just not efficient, and I do not see that changing anytime soon. And yes I would love to get Ochain, but I highly doubt my shell will want to and in all likelyhood I would have an easier time getting Alamce than Ochain. All of this after I finish Ukon of course.
    Yeah but I didn't mean whole game just mobs on which you can actually use this idea. Also if you can kill bukhis with WHM+DD as fast w/o empy you are greatest player of all times. Bukhis duo w/o Ochain is actually a very easy to lose fight.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yep, Super tank DD is crazy fun. And while you can do this to some degree with any shield, Ochain lets you do it on almost anything. And it's TP gain is massively higher.

It was ballsy to try that on cuijatender. One ??? needles and he'd have flattened you. Although, compared to a normal fight, he'd be getting alot less TP, since very few melee hits go off and you just WS spam. Good TP feed to DMG ratio. Nice fight.

I haven't made any videos myself, but I've got some pics of a few Super Tanked fights. Nothing real impressive, just some fun stuff I actually remembered to take pics of.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

That was in reference to cleaving, but as for the NMs themselves, especially Bukhis, I think a MNK (with emp, or without) + WHM would go far faster and easier than a PLD + WHM. Also from what I hear Doom Screens and Holy Waters are not too hard to get....

In low man situations a PLD with Ochain and Alamace would be great to have simply because of those facts, but again its extremely unlikely for someone to have both, and to imply that makes PLD better is along the lines of saying the sky is blue and the grass is green. If one can get the gear great, but when other jobs require gear that is not nearly as hard to obtain to enhance their jobs, it's not practical.

tl;dr - Of course PLD is somewhat useful when you have two Emps equipped, to say that it is an idea on making the job better is pretty fucking retarded because it is blatantly obvious.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

a PLD with Ochain and Alamace would be great to have simply because of those facts, but again its extremely unlikely for someone to have both
    Actually it is very likely that a PLD who goes thru Ochain VNM hell will do a 85 Alamace easily. I think all Ochain PLD I saw to date had some kind of Relic/Mythic/Empy Sword in main.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

That was in reference to cleaving, but as for the NMs themselves, especially Bukhis, I think a MNK (with emp, or without) + WHM would go far faster and easier than a PLD + WHM. Also from what I hear Doom Screens and Holy Waters are not too hard to get....

In low man situations a PLD with Ochain and Alamace would be great to have simply because of those facts, but again its extremely unlikely for someone to have both, and to imply that makes PLD better is along the lines of saying the sky is blue and the grass is green. If one can get the gear great, but when other jobs require gear that is not nearly as hard to obtain to enhance their jobs, it's not practical.

tl;dr - Of course PLD is somewhat useful when you have two Emps equipped, to say that it is an idea on making the job better is pretty fucking retarded because it is blatantly obvious.
    MNK+WHM on Bukhis can wipe very easy. There is very small chance that you wont be hit by Lethal clip and lose cruors and at this point you are very exposed on Ruinous scythe HP down + stun and being killed by next hit. Both, trying not to get hit by Lethal and trying not to die after being hit by lethal, require a lot of utsusemi casting and slow fight a lot. I have Veret and I know what I'm talking about in case you think I just trying to defend PLD.

You seems to be mad but tbh I don't know why so I will leave you alone in peace ^^

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I am not exactly sure what were are arguing about at this point, I guess it would be along the lines of Ochain being a toy, a very useful toy if PLD was worth using again. When paired up with Alamace it looks like some great results, I just do not see the feasible for most players. Also the Bukhis example doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since it would be a slow fight regardless of low man setup in that situation. Those moves happening suck no matter what.

Personally I would love to pimp out my PLD with Ochain and Alamce and have it be useful again, but I still think Ochains are not going to be very prevalent unless PLD becomes useful again as a tank. It's asking a lot out of people to upgrade Ochain given that no good linkshell actually tanks with them anymore.

Also don't play the mad card, like a friend of mine says, "I even ain't mad, just disappointed"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast