Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on breaksynthing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Question on breaksynthing

Hey guys.
    Sorry if this is asked a lot but I just wanted a definite ground work on this subject before I pour money into it.

As far as I gather:

1. Main skill has to be 5 levels below
    2. Sub skill has to be no more than 15 levels to aloow the synth to happen
    3. Generaly, the sub that is lacking the level will result in materials from that sub lost.

Please correct me if anything in this info is wrong.

Now, my question is following.
    If we take the classic example of errant slops (I believe) that cap at 94. Does that mean that if my skill is 89, I can break synth it all the way to 94 or does it only work for the 5th level, meaning once I hit 90, it wont work anymore.

Thank you in advance

Works all the way.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Windred Sayna
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

Skilling up on breaks is a myth, I still don't believe in it. That or I just have bad luck.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You do get skill up on breaks from 5 under all the way to cap.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I *hate* errant gear right now...

make sure you get overwhelming energy in whatever crystal it is, it helps a lot. I did this from 73-78 gold and used maybe like 10 stacks of gold ingots instead of the 20-30 it could have been.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    make sure you get overwhelming energy in whatever crystal it is, it helps a lot. I did this from 73-78 gold and used maybe like 10 stacks of gold ingots instead of the 20-30 it could have been.
    I'm not sure if it really helps. I told Wizerd when he was leveling GS to get overwhelming fire and breaksynth to 78. He said that he didn't see any difference from when he had overwhelming fire and not. I forgot the exact numbers but they were within statistical similarities

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby
    I'm not sure if it really helps. I told Wizerd when he was leveling GS to get overwhelming fire and breaksynth to 78. He said that he didn't see any difference from when he had overwhelming fire and not. I forgot the exact numbers but they were within statistical similarities
    I read that thread about breaksynthing, it's where i got the idea to do it.

I tried without the energy as it was said that there wsa minimal if any difference and went through a few stacks rather quickly. since bookshelves are cheap to make i had my brother make me enough to put me into overwhelming to see if it'd help, and made a huge difference for me. coincidental, maybe. But i noticed a big difference and if i were to breaksynth again i'd make sure to get overwhelming energy.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Question on breaksynthing

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden
    3. Generaly, the sub that is lacking the level will result in materials from that sub lost.
    is this true? i.e. on errant slops breaksynthing you will lose the ram leather more often than losing the cloth mats?

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby
    I read that thread about breaksynthing, it's where i got the idea to do it.

I tried without the energy as it was said that there wsa minimal if any difference and went through a few stacks rather quickly. since bookshelves are cheap to make i had my brother make me enough to put me into overwhelming to see if it'd help, and made a huge difference for me. coincidental, maybe. But i noticed a big difference and if i were to breaksynth again i'd make sure to get overwhelming energy.
    I'm glad to hear that it works for you. I was under the belief that it should help especially since you are failing all your synths. THe results wizerd gave me showed some strange overall results but at least they saved you some cash.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I know you're talking about breaksynthing but we're talking errant gear. Way to get .8 goldsmithing skillups (too close to breaksynth obviously) and NO cloth skillups in 14 hat synths.

sorry late reply

i broke synthed errant slops 89-94 and saved a ton of money. for me, average overall was 1 stack of mats/level instead of the usual 3-4. you have the main points right, for the craft your lvling up, 5 or less under cap. personally i always kept the sub about 10 under. you will actually make 1 or 2, and usually get .3 skillup for the sub. i pretty much only ever break synthed in my moghouse. never used any support or crafting equips. ftr i broke synthed from 83-99 and saved 10s of millions (this was well before the cocoon synths now available)

edit, personally i found best days to not lose mats were day of crystal and lightsday