Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Some stones are meleeable in Dynamis.

I thought it was common knowledge, guess not, so I'll post. Some stones in Dynamis are in fact very meleeable, taking double dmg.

All the ones in Xarcabard are, All the ones in Beaucedine aren't, most coloured eyes in Bastok are, same in Sandy, most(if not all) in windy aren't, and I really forgot about Jeuno, since our blms kill them too fast anyway.

/shrug, should help out LS's who are low on mages or would prefer to use their blms for dmg instead of stone whores.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5...lestoneru5.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3...estone2ok2.jpg

Easiest way I could tell if it was a meleeable one was when I pulled it and my lvl14 Throwing skill boomerang would hit it ;p (although i'd randomly hit a normal stone too here and there).

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmm. I thought the MP ones were melee friendly and the HP ones weren't. Oh well good to know.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ya, in Xarcabard when we were low on mages I had our THF's kill stones with Bloody Bolts. Fun times

This is pretty interesting, but I was always sorta under the impression that it's just a bad idea to melee any stone (outside xarc) because it feeds them TP to seismostomp you with. The Xarcabard ones are just plain weak. They have ~5% accuracy tops, hit for 0 damage on a naked black mage, and take full damage from everything. It'd be nice if there were some trick to tell which stones are which just by looking at them though...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Xarcabard ones are easier just because of the presence of Eyes i think? It negates the point of having statues around since Eyes spawn things in Xarcabard and not the statues.

This is very good info, i'll pass it along in my shell...i had no idea some ones in the starting cities had less resistance as well.

ya i came across this in dynamis-sandy with the warcheif tombstone MP statues but didnt think twice about it lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I always called those fake statues, they don't really seem to be stronger to magic damage, just weaker to melee from what I could tell. There's one in san d'oria that doesn't link with the East gate, so it will be sitting there all alone after you kill the NM... Oh, and also the one in Xarcabard with blue eyes after you clear all the NM's..

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Even the "strong" statue arent that bad, as long your melee arent stupid enough to do it next to people without shadow.

Statue generally attack slow, and you can always take a step back if you happen to be out of shadow

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth
    This is pretty interesting, but I was always sorta under the impression that it's just a bad idea to melee any stone (outside xarc) because it feeds them TP to seismostomp you with. The Xarcabard ones are just plain weak. They have ~5% accuracy tops, hit for 0 damage on a naked black mage, and take full damage from everything. It'd be nice if there were some trick to tell which stones are which just by looking at them though...
    Those have always hit me for 80~100, when they actually hit, on MNK/WAR. Are you sure you didn't have Stoneskin up? lol

edit: no I never had counterstance up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Dragonmaw

wow i never knew that... prolly just cuz most LS dont even bother, they just shout "dont fucking melee stats" and then tell the BLM to zerg. and being BLM ive never argued... just solod my own stats. im such a bitch. im tellin melee to suck it up from now on

Most of the statues in Xarc are Time EXT+ ones and I always figured that those were the ones that you could melee. I used to be main puller/suicide puller as NIN and I could always suicide zerg Time Ext's before I died with 1 WS.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't recall any status that you can melee like that that aren't HP/MP/TE statues.

However, that in itself isn't the rule, since there are at least some HP/MP one that will take low melee damage.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

all of them get killed in 2 good nukes anyway. but that is somthing that i did not know. what about dunes. and safehold dynamis statues?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i thought i had a screenshot of a statue in sandy but i guess not... anyways the statues in the towers on either side of the AH have either extremely low hp and defence...

i was on corsair, and i slugshoted 1 from the ground and hit for like 1500~ damage... whats funny is that it didnt die , but rather when it "woke up" realizing it was pulled, it jus fell to the ground... normal shots on them were for like 300 damage and took off about 30% or so iirc

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

As far as I could tell, all the TK statues in xarc are the same "weak" statues, if they use tp moves ex; stomp/curse etc they miss 100% of the time and if they hit you, they hit for 0dmg. This includes statue melee dmg.

It's not because they have physical resistant that people dont' melee them. It's because of Seismostomp, which will fucking ruin pretty much everyone around it without shadows up.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    It's not because they have physical resistant that people dont' melee them. It's because of Seismostomp, which will fucking ruin pretty much everyone around it without shadows up.
    When meleed by a non gimp, they die before they have TP. As far as I know, the reason they're not melee'd is because blms zerged them before they could.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I soloed a red eyed statue in SanD two times ago on WAR. There was like 10 minutes left before boot and I originally grabbed it joking around before dropping glass, landed a 250+ rampage and kept on going.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've been one shotting statues in dynamis with SA Gekko since ages, just to piss off BLM which are in the middle of their spell. :D

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Tell those cockgobbling malee whm's to put their club away and not feed it unecessary TP and it wont Semiostomp.