BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFXI server?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFXI server?

I am lately since 4 days getting non stop DCed in FFXI. my net connection is fine there is no problem, I just loose constantly the connection to the FFXI servers. Anyone else have the same problem?

its annoying looseing connection to the server every 5-10 min

Siralin

Re: FFXI server?

Not having any trouble with my 1cron connection.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Contact or change your ISP. I had the same problem as you, in the end I had to move house lol.

I had a DLink router that d/c me every two hours from ffxi only.
    I ended up getting a new router, and all was fine.

Old Merits
    BG Level

If it´s none stop it can possibly be...
    Reason 1) You downloaded somehow a Trojan/Virus whatever, so do a System Scan or try System Restore to 5 days ago.
    (happened to 2 people I know in the last days)
    Reason 2) You get d/c because of FFXI App.
    Reason 3) Your Router has problems.
    Reason 4) Got Vista? A friend of mine got for a while after installing FFXI on his Vista PC a few d/c on the first few days.
    We changed some settings and it worked well. (Don´t know what we changed though, was a few weeks ago)
    Reason 5) If your provider disconnects you every 24 hours and you get first d/c and try to get online again, then you will recieve d/c every minute. If this happens you have to completely log out and start POL again, then it works again. (Happens with some providers and thats why my auto d/c is at 5AM when I sleep for sure)

My guess is Trojan/Virus or FFXI App or 5).
    I would try a System Restore if you did not change a lot on your PC in the last days.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Ive been dropping to R0 literally every 5 seconds every once in awhile, just run a system restore and it has always fixed it for me. Not sure whats causing it, I scanned my PC and am virus/trojan free (or so I hope...) if you manage to find out whats causing it, lemme know please T_T System Restore has only worked as a temporary fix so far =\

Quote Originally Posted by Krenna
    Ive been dropping to R0 literally every 5 seconds every once in awhile, just run a system restore and it has always fixed it for me. Not sure whats causing it, I scanned my PC and am virus/trojan free (or so I hope...) if you manage to find out whats causing it, lemme know please T_T System Restore has only worked as a temporary fix so far =\
    You might want to try opening a command window and typing "ipconfig /flushdns" instead of continually running system restore.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Check your ports

Relic Shield
    BG Level

if your internet connection is shared by some one else in your house. first thing is check if anyone turn on their p2p program (emule,BT, etc) by not limit their uploads....

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Osede
    if your internet connection is shared by some one else in your house. first thing is check if anyone turn on their p2p program (emule,BT, etc) by not limit their uploads....
    Setting the max upload transfer rate to ~10kbs will relieve most lag problems from p2p. That's what I found, at least.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'm not getting R0'd but when ever I log out to go onto a different character the login in popup always freezes at "Notifying server of selection" and I have to go all the way back out to POL and then try it again for it to work.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by bercus
    Reason 1) You downloaded somehow a Trojan/Virus whatever, so do a System Scan or try System Restore to 5 days ago.
    Reason 4) Got Vista? A friend of mine got for a while after installing FFXI on his Vista PC a few d/c on the first few days.
    We changed some settings and it worked well. (Don´t know what we changed though, was a few weeks ago)
    Reason 5) If your provider disconnects you every 24 hours and you get first d/c and try to get online again, then you will recieve d/c every minute. If this happens you have to completely log out and start POL again, then it works again. (Happens with some providers and thats why my auto d/c is at 5AM when I sleep for sure)

I would try a System Restore if you did not change a lot on your PC in the last days.
    I can exclude trojan/virus, FFXI App is also not the case
    I didnt contact my provider yet, but the INet is working fine as allways, so I dont think that the fault lies on their side.
    Btw I am getting theese since I installed the new nvidia beta driver... But I dont know how a grafic card driver could interfeer with my INet connection to FFXI.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane
    Quote Originally Posted by bercus

I can exclude trojan/virus, FFXI App is also not the case
    I didnt contact my provider yet, but the INet is working fine as allways, so I dont think that the fault lies on their side.
    Btw I am getting theese since I installed the new nvidia beta driver... But I dont know how a grafic card driver could interfeer with my INet connection to FFXI.
    well there was that usb crap causing lag sooooo anything is possible lol
    also i have the same thing only it usually occurs once a night or so for like 10 minutes, but don't d/c unless it gets bad.. i use cable modem and its only been happening the past few weeks since wotg came out so i know it is something wrong with FF :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lose*.

Restarting my router always worked for me when my game fuxed up on me <_<

try running the check files thing from the pol main menu (before logging on). if you auto logon when you launch the game, log out of pol to get to the main menu.
    it'll wipe any custom dats you put in, but who knows, maybe one of them is messing things up.