BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Salvage Mods

I keep seeing people with the mob names changed. Such as "I Don't Drop Anything" for the Lolbees, and like the mobs in Zhayolm Remnants with the different names showing which will drop cells. Does anyone know where to get access to that set of files?

You wouldn't download a car
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pretty sure it's this: http://www.manafont.org/blog/salvage-dats-rehosted

The names for the fomors in SSR always crack me up, although people mostly get it to pick out the mobs that drop cells in ZR.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

<3 Thank you very much!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

just wondering does that link include changing rampart for SSR door unlocking?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    I don't think so (does that even exists? never heard of it)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I don't know if that one does it, but this one I looked at a while ago does rename just one rampart. I've never actually used it, but I assume it's the correct rampart in the Gyroscopic Gears room, since I'm not sure why you'd want to rename any others.

This one doesn't do anything drastic; just changes names from e.g. "Puk" to "Puk.", and doesn't touch any unnecessary mobs.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    Gyro gears floor? Idk about that particular mod but I have one myself that changes the rampart you need.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Yea this one won't show you the SSR rampart unlocks.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

For those of you sending me PMs,
    75.DAT

4-1-75

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This seems like pretty cool stuff but why is the .dat pack downloadable in .exe instead of .rar?

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Bakthi View Post
    I don't know if that one does it, but this one I looked at a while ago does rename just one rampart. I've never actually used it, but I assume it's the correct rampart in the Gyroscopic Gears room, since I'm not sure why you'd want to rename any others.

This one doesn't do anything drastic; just changes names from e.g. "Puk" to "Puk.", and doesn't touch any unnecessary mobs.
    The one I just downloaded from that link changed "Puk" to "Puk<cells>", and same with wyverns. Just did SSR with'em.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shamaya View Post
    This seems like pretty cool stuff but why is the .dat pack downloadable in .exe instead of .rar?
    It's a self extracting archive that should automaticaly choose XI's directory and overwrite the correct files. If you are paranoid about self extracting files (as you should), you can use WinRAR to open the exe file and extract it like that.

I downloaded it just to check the changes (you can, ofcourse, extract somewhere else), and it has some funny renames that most people would never see, including "OMFG WRONG SIDE" for all mobs on the eastern side of Bhaf 1F.

If i wasn't so damn paranoid about name renaming i'd use it just to spice things a bit, because Salvage bores me to hell now.

I've been told that any command involving <t>, such as macros or ws that use <t> on a mob whose name has been changed, is sent to SE servers and can be detected by GM's who examine chatlogs. No idea if this is true or not, but it seems reasonable enough that I'm pretty paranoid about it too. Which is sad, zhal mobs are annoying and would love to get by them faster.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aihree View Post
    I've been told that any command involving <t>, such as macros or ws that use <t> on a mob whose name has been changed, is sent to SE servers and can be detected by GM's who examine chatlogs. No idea if this is true or not, but it seems reasonable enough that I'm pretty paranoid about it too. Which is sad, zhal mobs are annoying and would love to get by them faster.
    It's not sent to SE servers. The problem is when you use <t> in a macro that outputs to the chat log, everyone will see the name that you have put in the dat file.

If a GM happens to look over your log and sees that, you could be banned.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

It won't show up on /em actions though - (i.e. /point <t>), but it does show up in text chat.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was just thinking about doing this after a horrible ZR yesterday, thanks for posting the .dat pack.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    For those of you sending me PMs,
    75.DAT

4-1-75
    Lol actually i needed this one~ kudos

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Wouldn't it show up all over the logs anyway?

The PukBBQ receives the effect of Elegy
    Bob defeats the PukBBQ
    You find an incus cell on the PukBBQ
    etc.

or are those client-only messages (and how are you sure)?

Edit: I guess my last question may be the wrong way of looking at it...what I mean is whether those messages are logged, and also whether they use your names or SE's.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Captain Aneyus
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's client side. Just don't have party macros or anything that announce <t> in something that IS loggable. Which you shouldn't, anyway.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It will show in YOUR logs client side. For instance, all your windower logs will be filled with the modified names. Now, from the server perspective, the logs will have whatever the original names are (or string IDs, who knows what exactly the server logs store). In other words, there is no loop back of whatever shows in your log.

The difference resides in say/party/ls/whatever chat because that chat is constructed in your client and then sent to the server so it can be spread to other clients. Those strings are sent literaly as they are typed on your screen (so if you do a macro with <t>, the client creates the string with whatever <t> represents for you and THEN sends it).

Obviously, if your mob names are encovered decently (like just adding a "." to the name), this is basicly impossible to detect. If you add more clear signs like <CELLS HERE!!>, then better be a bit more careful. It's not like you'll get banned inmediately, but that is a clue that could be tied to whatever you actualy talk in chat, etc, etc.

I personaly use the ZR dat change, but after so many runs it's only really useful to detect the right mobs in 1F for me. Rest aren't as important. Regardless, I do my pulls with silent macros and just say if it's a droper or not.

It's a far fetched thing that anyone will be banned for this and only this. It would probably be used as an added fault if you are ever caught doing something else, so that's why I don't worry at all. But a ZR mod vs modding all mobs including those that I really don't need to know anything special (say, Bhaf flans saying "Don't Nuke Me!") is a bit too much for my paranoia to activate

Also, it's obvious cheating. Sometimes it does give you a big edge, sometimes it doesn't. *shrug* There's worse things in the game though.