FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

KissAnime DMCAd

RIP Kissanime.

I use to torrent everything, but when I discovered Kiss I just streamed instead.

Such a huge library lost to the ether. Oh well.

I guess animepahe is second best?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There's a bunch of alternatives to KissAnime, it's not suddenly "lost"
    all they did was scrape translator's sites and download their shit then reupload to an malware ad-ridden site for profit.

good riddance honestly.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Man it was an easy site tho. Where are yall getting anime and manga streamed with reasonable quality and speed?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ya I don't buy the whole "lost" thing as if Kiss archived master copies of stuff.

I remain content with just downloading episodes in mkv form or whatever. Provides a decent entertainment backup if my net/cable goes out. Related 'rent sites aren't nearly as internet AIDS infested.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Streaming is so convenient, especially on mobile

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You guys realize they just moved everything to a different domain the same day, right?

https://www.kiss-anime.ws/

It's a Russian operated piracy site. They'll be playing piratebay whackamole til kingdom come.

Clicking on that link gives a really long address and it even had the word BAIT in it in all caps lol.

Because of that, I looked it up on reddit, and according to the KissAnime section, any other KA sites are fake. So, I'd be careful with that specific site. Unless there's some official post about that being legit.

I personally moved on from KA a while ago and use 9anime.ru now. I use it with NoScript, though, so I'm not sure how bad ads are normally.

Edit: I guess technically 9anime.to is the official site. .ru is just one of its proxies, but works just fine.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Is there one for manga?

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Is there one for manga?

Mangareader.net is what I currently use

It has been around for a while. I think even before KissManga

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Is there one for manga?

Use mangadex. It's where the manga is uploaded in the first place. All of the other sites generally rip it from there anyway and slap ads everywhere.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

HorribleSubs just closed down.
    Farewell

HorribleSubs began more than a decade ago providing subtitles for anime. We have grown way beyond what was originally imagined. But... as the cliché saying goes, all good things must eventually come to an end.

This was a hard decision to make for the team, but the truth is, our real life responsibilities have been growing, especially in the times of COVID-19. COVID-19 has really impacted us in various ways, but ultimately it negatively affected how much time we were able to frequently contribute. After some reflection and evaluation, we realized moving on was the best way forward. You could technically say COVID killed HorribleSubs.

This is naturally a good transition point since the Summer 2020 anime season ended and the Fall 2020 anime season is just about to begin. Yes, we waited to finish most of the series before dropping this news. Be grateful for that. However, do not worry. We're certain that other groups will pick up the mantle.

Thank you all for joining us on this journey. Many good memories were made, but it is time to say goodbye!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Muh source :-\